CumulusX! 1.8.1 patch is out

Peter Lürkens

Scroll down for English text.

Dieser Patch behandelt ein Problem mit unterschiedlicher Verteilung der Thermik bei Online-Teilnehmern mit Microsoft Flight Simulator Servicepack 2 (FSX2) und solchen mit dem Acceleration-Expansion Pack (FSXX). Außerdem wird unter FSXX die Übereinstimmung der Thermik mit den Geländemerkmalen verbessert. FSXX-Benutzer sollten diesen Patch auf jeden Fall verwenden. Obwohl die Unterschiede für FSX2-Benutzer kaum auffällig sind, wird auch für diese die Installation empfohlen um Konsistenz zwischen allen Online Teilnehmern zu garantieren.

Dieser Patch enthält nicht alle Programmdateien und setzt eine Installation von CumulusX! 1.8.0. voraus.

English:

This patch solves a problem with different thermal distribution between online-partners using Microsoft Flight Simulator Servicepack 2 (FSX2) and the Acceleration Expansion Pack (FSXX). In addition, the alignment of thermals with terrain features will be improved with FSXX. Users of FSXX should apply the patch in any case. Though the effect on FSX2 is rather subtle, it is also recommended for FSX2 users, in order to guarantee consistency among all online participants.

This patch is not a complete installation. Instead it requires prior installation of CumulusX! 1.8.0.

Available at: www.luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter

• Upvote 3

Thanks, Peter, for your continued attention to development of CumulusX!

I've been anticipating this patch for the past week or so, as it promises to resolve one of the few remaining issues we have been experiencing in multiplayer sessions with FSXX, that of thermal discrepancies between players.

Thanks, Peter, for your continued attention to development of CumulusX!

I've been anticipating this patch for the past week or so, as it promises to resolve one of the few remaining issues we have been experiencing in multiplayer sessions with FSXX, that of thermal discrepancies between players.

Thanks Peter! For all the support you have given for CumulusX. I wish for you that one day you can chop off the nose of your glider and install one of these with an electric fuel cell rather than batteries smile.gif:

http://www.front-ele...r.com/index.php

If I could ask, where are all the CumulusX pilots hanging out in multiplayer these days? What type of multiplayer is most popular that required this update?

EDIT: Thanks to Bulau, my multiplayer questions have now been answered.

Cheers

Harry