No Aircraft at Nice... any replies Shaun?

rocky

I have just installed Nice Airport but am a little perplexed as why there is no Ai or static aircraft, at all, around the airport. Even when I add 100% to the aircraft sliders in the FSX control panel I get no aircraft showing anywhere! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello Rocky,

Did you uncheck "Aircraft cast shadows on the ground" in the Display/Aircraft tab.

Hi Shaun, yes, I have the box unchecked. EDIT I have now tried checking the box, but with no change whatsoever. Here are two pics from the airport. You may just be able to make out a single GA aircraft! ?

6991.jpg

1062.jpg

Hello Rocky,

Which AI Traffic software are you using.

Hi Shaun, none, except Orbx's free AI traffic which is used only with their Australian scenery... EDIT: I have just reinstalled the airport with no difference. I have only just realised, but there is no movement of traffic or any ground movement within the airport perimeter anywhere! Also there is no setup control panel as there is with some of the other airports which allows to tick for traffic, ground movement etc.

Hello Rocky,

I shall check Nice here with MyTraffic 2010 but are you certain that this Orbx AI Traffic has not disabled the default traffic by renaming its bgl extension.

Check the FSX Scenery/World/scenery folder and see what the extension is on the trafficAircraft.bgl file is.

Aahhhh, Shaun sir... this is what I've got.... trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI so, what do I need to do Shaun? And what are the implications for the FTX AI? many thanks... EDIT: Shaun, I have discovered that there was an unticked box in a control panel I had forgotten about that switches on FSX default AI :blush: oops, sorry, but thanks very much for your help, as always, very much appreciated.