Avionics

davenicoll

Hi All,

Every time I start this baby I for the life of me cannot get the avionics to switch on..I turn the switch on (Avionics master) but blank everywhere...

Am I doing something wrong??

Dave

Hi All,

Every time I start this baby I for the life of me cannot get the avionics to switch on..I turn the switch on (Avionics master) but blank everywhere...

Am I doing something wrong??

Dave

I wouldn't start with the Avionics switch...

I'd start with the Manual... :lol:

• Upvote 1

Perhaps you might want to start the aircraft up using the checklists?

I use the RXP GNS530 in mine, it needs to be powered up separately after the avionics master has been set to on. The radios need to be turned on separately too... though this stuff really is in the manual, that is what they are there for...

Andrew

Even in Simple mode, the checklists are short enough, and clear enough, that there is no excuse for not using them. Just print them out. As the Katana's Rotax uses a `non-standard` startup procedure compared to `Old Skool` GA dinosaur motors, it's better to use them until you get familiar.

And if you're in realistic mode, there's no option as to do otherwise WILL cause damage or failure to operate.

Dave...

You are facing too skilled people ..

For them you're asking: 2+2 equal ?

It's a little rude but just a little. :-)

For sure you don't take of lot of time on docs.

I understand that ...

-

Put your mouse on the "on" spot of each radio components.

Mouse wheel up.

And look at the light comming ...

That's all.

-

Have good flight.

And take time to read ... ;-)

-

Daniel

Given the stated sophistication of this product I don't believe that asking a customer to read the fine manuals is a `skill`.

It's a necessity.

After all, you need to read the instructions to operate it in Simple mode... :D