open beta 1.01 update

• Aerosoft

Marcel created an Service Pack that updates the files to version 1.01. We decided to release this pack right now as an open beta and not have it go through the complete beta cycle to save some time. We are pretty sure this release solves a lot of the open issues. But if you prefer not to mess with beta's, just wait a few days and we'll have the official Service Pack ready.

NEW FEATURES

• Quick Setup
  • Aircraft and cockpit cleaning through service.
  • Fuel quantity will be saved in Realistic Mode.
    FIXED
    • Battery recharges to fast during service.
    • Ident sound can be heard also NAV Ident knob is not pulled.
    • Some COM frequencies in realistic radio modes cannot be set.
    • Canopy can't be opened before using SHIFT+E when the aircraft has been loaded in parked condition.
    • Airspeed Indicator, Vertical Speed Indicator and Altitude Indicator not working in Simple Mode.
    • On some systems Attitude Indicator, GPS and other systems may quit duty after a while.
    • When a Wheel Fairing has been broken, no new one may be installed in the Equipment Menu.
    • If the engine is stopped inflight, the generator still works and the RPM indication is wrong.
    • Background lighting of the M803 clock doesn't work.
    • COM/NAV and Transponder mode settings are not saved.
    • Cabin Heat and Carb Heat labels wrong on some English cockpits.

• AS_KATANA4x_FSX_UPD_V101.zip

Nice, got it.

One nice new unannounced feature! (I won't spoil the surprise). Someone was thinking cleverly! ;)

Small problem though, the new selection menu screen is coming up really, really small on my monitor, doesn't seem to be maintaining the aspect ratio. Can this be made larger easily?

Also, early warning for the `realists` who don't read manuals - expect an engine failure or failure to start. Unless you follow the checklist... -_-

I caught it with the sight picture. The Kat really is that good! :o

Love the new beta!!! :) Quick setup is very nice. Fuel quantity will be saved even when you don't save the flight, right...? Simply selecting the Katana will result in the previous fuel load being loaded, no matter what the FSX default fuel amount is?

One nice new unannounced feature! (I won't spoil the surprise). Someone was thinking cleverly! ;)

Small problem though, the new selection menu screen is coming up really, really small on my monitor, doesn't seem to be maintaining the aspect ratio. Can this be made larger easily?

Also, early warning for the `realists` who don't read manuals - expect an engine failure or failure to start. Unless you follow the checklist... -_-

I didn't see an unannounced feature... (and I am very curious: tell me what it is!!) nor did I have problems with the engine start... (maybe I am too good...). And the new selection menu wasn't smaller either, although I did have that once (before the beta), after I went from full screen to windowed mode and back again (when I wanted to post something over here).

Love the new beta!!! :) Quick setup is very nice. Fuel quantity will be saved even when you don't save the flight, right...? Simply selecting the Katana will result in the previous fuel load being loaded, no matter what the FSX default fuel amount is?

I didn't see an unannounced feature... (and I am very curious: tell me what it is!!) nor did I have problems with the engine start... (maybe I am too good...). And the new selection menu wasn't smaller either, although I did have that once (before the beta), after I went from full screen to windowed mode and back again (when I wanted to post something over here).

I PM'd you on the new thing. And the menu appears normal after a reboot so it might simply have been me. Quick setup is a handy option, alright.

I PM'd you on the new thing. And the menu appears normal after a reboot so it might simply have been me. Quick setup is a handy option, alright.

Please PM me too, Simon. I am curious if you found that new one or some of the other easter eggs already in the product on release...

I found that the NAV ident sound still plays no matter the position of the ident switch or the whole unit to be powered or not. The only solution for me is to switch the "cockpit sounds" in the FSX menu off... :(

I found that the NAV ident sound still plays no matter the position of the ident switch or the whole unit to be powered or not. The only solution for me is to switch the "cockpit sounds" in the FSX menu off... :(

Does it play after you have used the ident once or does it play all the time? What happens if you turn the radio off?

Do you use simple or realistic radio mode? And could you please try to press STRG+1 (VOR 1 Ident on/off default assignment) or STRG+2 (VOR 2 Ident on/off default assignment): what happens?

Does it play after you have used the ident once or does it play all the time? What happens if you turn the radio off?

Do you use simple or realistic radio mode? And could you please try to press STRG+1 (VOR 1 Ident on/off default assignment) or STRG+2 (VOR 2 Ident on/off default assignment): what happens?

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your quick reply.I use realistic radio mode.

The situation is: I start a flight in EDFV Worms with NAV tuned to a random frequency., for example 110.1. Ident is off, NAV volume down. 5 minutes after takeoff, I hear the ident sound. It will then play all the time, no matter what I do, switch frequency, turn radios off, turn Avionics off.

Now the following happened: I then flew to EDEW with FSX cockpit sounds off, enroute I turned the cockpit sounds on again, and now it works, for example with Würzburg VOR... Strange.

The STRG+1 and STRG+2 combination do nothing.... It seems that I get this strange ident reception only around EDFV Worms...

It is no big deal, the aircraft is great nevertheless.

Thanks and regards,

E.

Fantastic update there, Marcel. My biggest love is the new status feature so far.

Sadly, the bug when starting the radios in simple is still there. You have to toggle between simple, realistic and back to simple to get a working CDI in simple. Otherwise only the From/To pointer works but the needles are centered all the time.

To check this bug, just start the plane with simple radios and tune a VOR or use the RXP unit to drive the needles. They wont move until you accomplish that mentioned toggle operation. You don't need the RXP unit to test this, it happens with the default GPS too when operation the radios in simple right from the start.

So to achieve this needle (test) deflection, the toggling has to happen once.

deflection.th.jpg

And a side note. My girlfriend likes your plane too (normally, she hates all flight sim stuff) because it 'looks so funny when it's shaking on the ground'. I don't know if this reaction was intended by you when you build the plane :lol:, but I just wanted to mention that you now have two Katana fans sitting there. One is watching, the other one flying. Thanks for that.

Since you are the second dev to at least please her a bit (with flight sim stuff, gents), this truly is an achievement.

Now the following happened: I then flew to EDEW with FSX cockpit sounds off, enroute I turned the cockpit sounds on again, and now it works, for example with Würzburg VOR... Strange.

Thanks for the feedback! If you experience the problem somewhere else please tell me. My startup situation is in the USA and everything is fine here...

To check this bug, just start the plane with simple radios and tune a VOR or use the RXP unit to drive the needles. They wont move until you accomplish that mentioned toggle operation.

Very strange as the needles of the VOR1 gauge are driven by the FSX values in all operation modes. And the simple radio is also using FSX defaults only...

Very strange as the needles of the VOR1 gauge are driven by the FSX values in all operation modes. And the simple radio is also using FSX defaults only...

Can you reproduce it on your end or do I have to investigate further on mine? I've tried it with and without RXP unit as I first thought that the bug is related to the RXP, but it wasn't.

So every user starting up in simple radio mode should see the "fixed CDI needles" too. Waiting for some input then.

If this is a user made thing, disregard my post about it. But I had three installs now and always saw it when starting in simple radio mode.

As said, both modes work fine after the mentioned toggle action (simple, realistic and back to simple). The simple one just fails on startup and later works when having toggled. So I'm not speaking about a complete loss of function here, but something seems to be bound to the toggle simple/realistic thing.

So maybe the toggling unlocks some variable there, regarding the CDI as it seems to need this "kick" to start.

Thanks for the details. It is in fact not depending on the other unit. The only thing that changes is the frequency. Will have to do some tests...

Thanks for your answer, Marcel. Great support and product.

• 1 month later...

Did you add a shortcut STRG + X within the 1.01 update?

I've STRG + X in use as hotkey for FSMap.

After installing the update, the hotkey doesn't work any more in the Katana.

Albrecht

PS.: I've changed the hotkey to STRG + U. The same problem.

Could you please give me a hint, which keyboard commands could be used.

In version 1.0 the shortcuts worked fine.

Did you add a shortcut STRG + X within the 1.01 update?

I've STRG + X in use as hotkey for FSMap.

After installing the update, the hotkey doesn't work any more in the Katana.

Albrecht

PS.: I've changed the hotkey to STRG + U. The same problem.

Could you please give me a hint, which keyboard commands could be used.

In version 1.0 the shortcuts worked fine.

Maybe it is not in the panel.cfg of the Katana and it has to be? The Update didn't change anything on 3rd party keyboard shortcuts... ;)

Hi All,

Simon did you have any re-occurrence of the new menu coming up small on your screen?? It's happening to me after applying the patch. For info I'm running FSX+Accel on XP with a resolution of 1440x900. I've no other issues just can't use the initial menu easily. The standard DA20 menu is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Marcel created an Service Pack that updates the files to version 1.01. We decided to release this pack right now as an open beta and not have it go through the complete beta cycle to save some time. We are pretty sure this release solves a lot of the open issues. But if you prefer not to mess with beta's, just wait a few days and we'll have the official Service Pack ready.

NEW FEATURES

• Quick Setup
  • Aircraft and cockpit cleaning through service.
  • Fuel quantity will be saved in Realistic Mode.
    FIXED
    • Battery recharges to fast during service.
    • Ident sound can be heard also NAV Ident knob is not pulled.
    • Some COM frequencies in realistic radio modes cannot be set.
    • Canopy can't be opened before using SHIFT+E when the aircraft has been loaded in parked condition.
    • Airspeed Indicator, Vertical Speed Indicator and Altitude Indicator not working in Simple Mode.
    • On some systems Attitude Indicator, GPS and other systems may quit duty after a while.
    • When a Wheel Fairing has been broken, no new one may be installed in the Equipment Menu.
    • If the engine is stopped inflight, the generator still works and the RPM indication is wrong.
    • Background lighting of the M803 clock doesn't work.
    • COM/NAV and Transponder mode settings are not saved.
    • Cabin Heat and Carb Heat labels wrong on some English cockpits.

Gentlemen,

Based on the part of the above statement in bold type I have not yet installed the beta. Since this is now a month old could you please update the status of the official Service Pack. If it is to be delayed further I will go ahead and do the beta update, not a big deal...just curious.

Thanks, Steve

• 2 months later...