COM1 issue?

Dave Hardy

Whislt on VATSIM i tried to tune to EGPX_CTR (Scotish Radar) on 135.520, set the COM1 to 135.520.....nothing.

Checked FSINN settings and it says my primary freq is 135.530!

Check the attached image.

post-18897-0-33120700-1303856635_thumb.j

You are right, it is a bug that has been reported several times. It is already fixed, I just checked that frequency and it is 135.525 on my system. The first service pack is completed and will hopefully be released very soon.

Sorry for the trouble! :blush:

• Aerosoft

fantastic new Marcel :) are these aircraft ever custom fitted with a autopilot for club flying?

The verdict is still out on that. There are not many Katana's with AP's and adding a realistic one (so not using the default FSX functions) is not a simple patch.

maybe be add a Reality XP mod/cfg in to a patch so users could choose?

Given the flight model behaviour programmed, I doubt the Reality products would give good results in this bird, even if they were appropriate for a GA of this nature (which they generally are not).

The C1 Eclipse is the model that is more commonly fitted with an autopilot.

I suspect it may have something to do with the nature of elevator trim between the two variants (Katana uses anti-servo, C1 uses servo).

Still nothing to stop you adding one and letting us know how you get on!

I added a 2D panel with an autopilot I created myself. changed the aircraft.cfg to allow autopilot and it work like a charm.

I had to add 2 knobs to my autopilot for the Heading and course adjustment though.

Would be nice to have it added to VC however I dont know if this area is available. Will try and see.

If not, I am sure this area can be made available to add an autopilot or DME

jb01.jpg

• Aerosoft

I added a 2D panel with an autopilot I created myself. changed the aircraft.cfg to allow autopilot and it work like a charm.

I had to add 2 knobs to my autopilot for the Heading and course adjustment though.

Would be nice to have it added to VC however I dont know if this area is available. Will try and see.

If not, I am sure this area can be made available to add an autopilot or DME

That would mean changing the modeling for all aircraft and that's something that is just not possible at this moment.