A big thank you

Variometer

Hi,

How I love the new Katana! Although I haven't the faintest clue on how to treat her right - because at the moment I'm to lazy to read the manual :blush: - I enjoy every single minute in this beautiful aircraft. You should experience this awesome cockpit if 3D with the NVidia 3D-Vision set in combination with TrackIR and EZCA, it's unbelievable.

Yesterday I just landed at Bear Gulch, when a storm came up, and so I decided to whisk my new Katana to safety at Cushman Meadows. Only a four minutes flight, but right after takeoff from Bear Gulch, I wasn't sure, if I made the right decision. The turbulences increased, rain came up, and the avionics were playing riot. Would I be able to bring this bird down in one piece ?

Have a look at

or

Thank you very much, Marcel

Best, Andreas

Yes I have to agree, this is an excellent piece of work and a credit to Marcel and his team.

I haven’t flown any other aircraft since I got it!

I also think we should thank Marcel for his support, because it seems to me that he is on this forum answering questions nearly 24 hours a day.

Again many thanks,

Ian.

What a surprise Andreas! Thank you so much for this beautifull video! The Katana and I, we are both very proud to part of one of your productions! :blush:

And Ian thanks for your kind words!

Wow, you took some chances there, Andreas:-

1: No fuel pump on take-off

2: Don't think you pulled take-off prop rpm, although it was tricky to see

3: Deployed flaps during the take-off run

4: Exceeded flap limitation speed on at least two occasions

5: Took off in a thunderstorm in an aircraft that is not IFR certified precisely because the composite airframe does not have lightning strike protection!

Nice vid, but remind me not to fly with you anytime soon! I don't think my heart could take it! :lol:

Wow, you took some chances there, Andreas:-

1: No fuel pump on take-off

2: Don't think you pulled take-off prop rpm, although it was tricky to see

3: Deployed flaps during the take-off run

4: Exceeded flap limitation speed on at least two occasions

5: Took off in a thunderstorm in an aircraft that is not IFR certified precisely because the composite airframe does not have lightning strike protection!

Nice vid, but remind me not to fly with you anytime soon! I don't think my heart could take it! :lol:

laugh.gif About number 4: he never pulled flaps up and even reached a speed of 140 with T/O flaps. So he didn't exceeded flap limitation once but all the time. As he said himself: he should have stayed in Bear Gulch. And he really needs to read the manuals indeed. Nice vid nonetheless... wink.gif

Well, let's just hope he was flying in simple mode, or else he's going to have plenty of time to read the manuals while the engineers fix the aircraft from the ground up! :lol:

Well, let's just hope he was flying in simple mode, or else he's going to have plenty of time to read the manuals while the engineers fix the aircraft from the ground up! :lol:

Andreas told us before that he didn't read the manual and if it wouldn't be ok to use the aircraft in that way, I would disable the simple mode... ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well I would like to see all the yellow and red markings when he made an inspection after this flight. Happened to me today: after exceeding the speed limits for the flaps, both flaps and the flaps motor had to be repaired. :rolleyes:

So this could be an idea for Servicepack x: A mechanic walking around and complaining about those stupid pilots. :D

So this could be an idea for Servicepack x: A mechanic walking around and complaining about those stupid pilots. :D

No, a modelled mechanic that will be brought away with a nervous collapse and the maintenance menu will dissapear. :blink:

Will be a hard time doing the support once the Porter is released. It behaves like a diva and is very challenging... ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, a modelled mechanic that will be brought away with a nervous collapse and the maintenance menu will dissapear. :blink:

Will be a hard time doing the support once the Porter is released. It behaves like a diva and is very challenging... ;)

Will the Porter be released after the Eclipse?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but sometimes job comes first :)

You are absolutely right, Simon, even I wouldn't fly with myself because I'm not stupid enough to enter a plane where the pilot is filming while flying through a thunderstorm :rolleyes: Of course I only used the Instructor Mode for this flight, and each time I buy a new plane, I resolve to read the manual and try to understand the systems and procedures one time, but being very impatient, I always do some testflights, and when I don't fall down immediately, my motivation for reading the manuals grows smaller and smaller ;) The only planes I'm flying with full realistic settings (but without reading the manuals too) are gliders, because I know/knew how to fly them in the real world.

Don't trust the faulty displays of the avionics in this video, I'm sure they must be a provoked by the amount of static electricity during the thunderstorm :rolleyes:

But seriously: when I did the flight the first time (using Instructor mode), mostly everything seemed to be ok, including flaps settings and speed. Using my 3D-vision set, it was such a real experience, that I wanted to share it, and so I saved the replay of the last seconds with fsrecorder. The problem is, that fsrecorder isn't able to deal with all aircraft of higher complexity. Simply have a look at those rapid jumps of some displays during the clip: itt will be very difficult to reproduce them in another flight, even with a simulator.

Anyway, thanks to all for watching, and especially to Marcel for creating this fantastic aircraft. Hope that the clip was able to entertain you for a moment. And I'm sure, it will not be the last time I used this lovely aircraft in one of my future clips :)

Best, Andreas