54 members have voted

1. 1.

• East coast
    • West Coast
    • Nevada
    • Northern part
    • Southern part
    • Hawaii Islands
    • A specific location (please post below - WHERE)
    • I don´t want an Andras Field X - one is enough thank you!

I know, I know, we had this discussion before - See the thread HERE, but back then it was a loose idea, crazy notion - whatever, but now Andras Field is pretty crowded, polygons are becoming more valued than gold, so the idea has come up again.

You might remember we did an April Fools joke about it, but its no joke, and now its time to have YOU in on it as well.

So poll away, and if you have ideas for what should be IN AF-X, then state that below.... Who knows, we might even consider it....laugh.gif

Hmmmm....

what about somewhere in the ORBX US - Surrounding like PNW, PFJ, Tongass Fjords or Nothern Rockys??

Cheers, Stephan

sure! these sceneries are superb and it would be great to fly them for one more reason.

• Upvote 1

I voted for the northern part. New Hampshire might be nice.

Florida is a bit flat, but if the airport is in the south east it might be a nice starting point for flights to the Carribean islands.

Hmmmm....

what about somewhere in the ORBX US - Surrounding like PNW, PFJ, Tongass Fjords or Nothern Rockys??

Cheers, Stephan

Very doubtful as thats most likely where Emma Field will be when that re-materialises

Florida is a bit flat, but if the airport is in the south east it might be a nice starting point for flights to the Carribean islands.

Exactly... I was thinking not only the Caribbeans but also as a great hub to Mexico, and to South America. And if Andras Meridian Airlines would extend their services to AF X, then some major cool routes could be built to those destinations - and north and west into the US itself. smile.gif

Very doubtful as thats most likely where Emma Field will be when that re-materialises

Matt - I don´t think we should rule out the Orbx territory, based on a "most likely" and a "IF Emma Field re-emerges" And even if we were to be placed in relatively close proximity to an eventual Emma Field - FSX? then hey... lots of possibilities of doing things together. wink.gif

• Deputy Sheriffs

A question that is difficult to answer. IMHO Andras Field USA makes only sense as long as there is a nice environment to fly, meaning nice scenery (photoreal or "Orbx"-like) and nice modelled airports you can fly to.

So the only area that is covered this way is PNW, Pacific Fjords and Northern Rockies by Orbx. For the rest of US there is nothing except some bigger airports (or did I miss something?).

So in my opinion it would be better to cooperate with Bill Womack regarding Cushman Meadows, the successor of Emma Fields, then placing a nice airport in the "nowhere"

But if Aerosoft would deliver AF USA covering an area of aprox. 200.000 sq mi (not realistc, I know :rolleyes: ), I would prefer the East Coast.

I just know, that my imagination of sceneries I whish to fly in, is the kind, orbx is realising them and I must honestly say, that I use these sceneries for 95%, since my "collection" raise....;-) Its t.ex. so nice to see the new Katana, standing between 3D grass beside the Hangar of Walter Sutton (WA79), the sounds of birds and cows and early in the morning... amazing. And Andras Field reachable with the Katana, A2A Piper Cub or other GAs and similar made would be really great in my eyes!

Cheers, Stephan

Hawaii or alaska. Beautiful views including cities, forests, lakes, rivers and mountains, plenty of big and small fields to go to and something to do with our amphib planes, where EAFS is basically the only one in that area in southern germany. Since i like nice weather, i prefer hawaii above alaska. Also, in both options there are already aerosoft fields in place or coming (dillingham, dutch harbor and anchorage later this year).

Florida... No mountains, but lots of Aligators, tornadoes and stuff. Nice for events and "accidents"blink.gif

hmm im thinking aerosoft should make an existing Airpark called Spruce Creek 7FL6

http://www.militarymuseum.org/HamiltonAFB.html

Hamilton Field (SRF) :) realworld ex AF base currently a housing devolopment...Lets take it back from the greedy developers :D Large size similar to Andras Field, next to San Pablo Bay to provide water operations, fighter aprons provide housing/hangar areas with room for expnasion. Also room to add smaller glider strip. The airbase and region provides diverse scenery for many types of flying and activities with very diverse land features. Coastline, water ways, lakes, mountains, forests, farms, vineyards, cities, central valley..etc all within close proximity...ie Skiing and Sunbathing are within a short hop of each other :) The bay area is kind of like an obsticle course for flying with all the bridges, buildings, hills...etc. Wine country is a popular place to fly around, lots of small airports to hop around to. Glider pilots also have hills and mountians and good wind or their soaring. Temperate climate gives lots of VFR weather for soaring and biplanes, but does have a fair amount of IFR weather too for SID/STAR/IAP nuts. Seaplane pilots have lots of places to visit, ie hop down to SF and dock at Pier 39 for a night on the town or go to McCovey Cove and see a baseball game. The bay is about 40nm longwise...Beaver races anyone?....insert dirty pun...:D

Centralistic location to other regions too for good cross country trips, PNW, Rockies, Southwest/Grand Canyon, Southern California are all roughly the same distance away, giving the pilot different areas to fly to depending on the direction flown. Similarly Hawaii(jumping off point to the Pacific), Alaska, Central America, and theEast Coast are roughly the same distance...about 2000nm...and even farther out, Japan, Brazil, Western Europe are about the same distance.

For Orbx stuff, they are working on a northern CA scenery area as well as the Central and Southern rockies. It might be easier from a development standpoint to work with Orbx to merge Andras USA while they are developing their scenery, rather than trying to make it compatible with scenery already released. That might make it easier to have the option to work with both Orbx or the Default scenery. If Emma is ever reborn, then it can be a place to coexist with. Far enough away to be its own place but close enough for good cross country flying. Orbx also has NZ in the works...Andras NZ would be awesome too....maybe we can have both. :)

Hamilton would be my first choice but there are a lot of good suggestions above. PNW is certianly a beautiful area...Cushman Meadows/Bear Gulch is awesome :)

Anyway thats my 2 rubles :)

• Upvote 1

Ok my vote still goes to east coast within easy reach of Boston, New York, Quebec etc and still lots of big hills

I would love Nantucket but as there is not much to the East from there

My vote Goes to Tomhannock Reservoir (NY)

post-27132-0-56006700-1304152677_thumb.j

post-27132-0-73060800-1304152678_thumb.j

The best place for Andras Field USA scenery wise. Located near the Great Lakes. Seeing as we have US Cities Chicago, Cleveland and Niagra/Buffalo. Not far from NYC, Toronto etc etc

Untitled-1.jpg

East for me...

Altough I'd like the idea of a location on Hawaii, I think it is too remote to reach anything. You'll always need long-range jets for the journey to the mainland... (eastbound)

East?

Because it is closer to Europe =P

North/South?

I don't know... Florida would be nice, so would be the North, especially if someday OrbX does the Eastcoast, too =P

Florida? New York? Somewhere on the Keys?

I really like the idea though. And I believe it will be much bigger than the original. Many non-Europeans didn't buy Andras because it is far from where they normally fly.

If you give them the alternative of a similar project near their normal homebases, a lot might jump onto the train!

Stefan

P.S.: I think the plot owners on the original Andras field should get a little "memorial" of sorts, maybe plots (again, I think this could be much larger than the German version, so a few more or less won't matter) - if not for free you should give all the original owners a chance to get a prime plot without competition ;-)

(now why am I saying that... xD )

I like the idea of good scenery - mountains, lakes, and so on. Why fly VFR if you have nothing decent to look at? :D I also like the idea of some water-landing areas - my poor Catalina doesn't get much use at the moment. A selection of airports of various sizes within striking distance even in a light aircraft is also needed, for variety and those evenings out when you want a change of location. I think Matt's idea has merit.

Think more Northern, Florida mean swamp, crocs,and damned mosquitos....and high temperatures in summer.... ;)

All very true and those mosquito's are a damn pain in the ass. Plus it never snows in Florida

I like the idea of good scenery - mountains, lakes, and so on. Why fly VFR if you have nothing decent to look at? :D I also like the idea of some water-landing areas - my poor Catalina doesn't get much use at the moment. A selection of airports of various sizes within striking distance even in a light aircraft is also needed, for variety and those evenings out when you want a change of location. I think Matt's idea has merit.

Why thank you :lol:

The best place for Andras Field USA scenery wise. Located near the Great Lakes. Seeing as we have US Cities Chicago, Cleveland and Niagra/Buffalo. Not far from NYC, Toronto etc etc

Untitled-1.jpg

You're not suggesting re-instating Meigs Field now, are you? wink.gif