Crashing to Desktop

metronom

Marcel, just so you don't whip yourself too hard, I flew the new Carenado Commander 114 on the same trip. Bet you can't guess what happened

Oh you did? Yes, a g3d.dll ctd at EXACTLY the same spot.

I'm going to try both aircraft again but with the Orcas sound options disabled one by one. (My favourite would be the ferry hooter)

EDIT: I'll be using the original panel.cfg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 trips, 3 successes! Both in the Katana and the Commander. In the Orbx KORS control panel, I turned off Audio 3: Ambient marina sounds. That's all. That's using the original panel.cfg. Make what you will of that. :)

EDIT: :( I think maybe all the sounds should be disabled. Dear God! :rolleyes:

Another EDIT: Ignore me, I'm talking have a nice daye. That's it, I'm NEVER going to Orcas again!

3 trips, 3 successes! Both in the Katana and the Commander. In the Orbx KORS control panel, I turned off Audio 3: Ambient marina sounds. That's all. That's using the original panel.cfg. Make what you will of that. :)

EDIT: :( I think maybe all the sounds should be disabled. Dear God! :rolleyes:

Another EDIT: Ignore me, I'm talking have a nice daye. That's it, I'm NEVER going to Orcas again!

Sorry to hear that Ron.

Still willing to help. Do you use a flight plan for the trip that you can maybe send me so that I can fly the exact route and see if it also happen with me, as the way I tested it last time it work 100% for me. no problems. But as you said if you slightly drift off course or approach from different side then it also work. So if you have a saved flightplan, send it to me so that I can follow your exact path to see if I can find something.

All I do is pop it into the GPS and follow the magenta line...more or less. Darrington to KORS. I gone back to a previous graphics driver to see if that makes a difference. This has taught me not to be smug when others were having g3d crashes and I was NEVER having them! :rolleyes:

Ok then it is easy. Was afraid maybe you had a specif flight plan that first go other places and then ending at KORS, but direct Darrington-Kors I will then test.

Man, I had really hoped there was a magic fix in disabling the Katana sound module. I didn't have much time to test over the weekend, but I managed to set up and fly the 3W5-KORS route (very picturesque, btw - I set up up at sunset and enjoyed it thoroughly). The first time, I flew with the Kat in stock configuration, no mods. The flight went well with no crashes - that is, until I shut down the plane on the ramp and hit ";" to save the flight. I got the usual CTD at that point.

The second flight was flown with the "Panel 1" mod that Marcel posted a few days ago. As I understand it, this mod eliminates the custom sound module, which I noticed when starting up and shutting down the plane. Same flight, same beautiful locale, and unfortunately, it all ended with the same CTD when I tried to save the result at the end. I'll try Panel 2 today if I get a chance and will report back. Once I've been through both of those, I'll try turning off sounds at KORS to see if that has any effect.

Have you rolled back to older version of GPU drivers yet?

:lol: Yes I did. I got two trouble free flights out of them, I thought 'Could this be it?' On the third flight the same old story. Gone back to the latest ATI drivers. I'm fed up with this now. I'm off to play with my nice new Saitek TPM. :D

Man, I had really hoped there was a magic fix in disabling the Katana sound module. I didn't have much time to test over the weekend, but I managed to set up and fly the 3W5-KORS route (very picturesque, btw - I set up up at sunset and enjoyed it thoroughly). The first time, I flew with the Kat in stock configuration, no mods. The flight went well with no crashes - that is, until I shut down the plane on the ramp and hit ";" to save the flight. I got the usual CTD at that point.

The second flight was flown with the "Panel 1" mod that Marcel posted a few days ago. As I understand it, this mod eliminates the custom sound module, which I noticed when starting up and shutting down the plane. Same flight, same beautiful locale, and unfortunately, it all ended with the same CTD when I tried to save the result at the end. I'll try Panel 2 today if I get a chance and will report back. Once I've been through both of those, I'll try turning off sounds at KORS to see if that has any effect.

bill

for what its worth, have you tried to use the menu in stead of the shortcut command. I know I am grasping for straws here..

Ron

the only problem is that you and Bil do get 2 different types of CTD.

Ron=g3d.dll error, you do not reach KORS 13-18 kn from KORS yoy CTD

Bill=d3d9.dll error only at time of save. He actually also do reach KORS

Ron, let us know your finding on the TPM.. Just googled it and it really look nice..!

Ron, let us know your finding on the TPM.. Just googled it and it really look nice..!

Will do. I've only used it for 10 minutes just to set it up (a breeze, don't use Saitek software) but already it makes all my other throttles (Saitek quadrant and CH quadrant) feel like toys!

Is anybody by any chance using Antilag FPS limiter?

Not me, but then I also dont have the G3D.dll errors.

But I have read somewhere that it seem that the Antilag limiter sometimes might brought on the G3D.dll

I'm not sure if my crashes are the same but I'm getting g3d.dll fatals. Three so far, none of them with any specific circumstances. The last one was during a flight from Darrington to Orcas, pootling along nicely keeping a close watch on EVERY dial and light. GPS on (not the fancy one, just bog standard) 20-25 minutes in BANG! Windows tells me it encountered a problem and would I like for it to restart FSX. Checked the Event viewer, g3d.dll. Haven't had one of those for yonks.

I tried to read through all the entries so far. Please forgive me if I missed something that was already covered. (Don't want to get blasted. LOL) Orbx Orcas has a conflict with a software Victoria +. If you have it installed it might be a culprit. If you had it installed and removed it, check for any remnant files that may not have been removed. A long shot, but I thought I would contribute it. If you have Vancouver + installed you may want to consider it as a factor as well. So much for my paltry two cents worth.

I tried to read through all the entries so far. Please forgive me if I missed something that was already covered. (Don't want to get blasted. LOL) Orbx Orcas has a conflict with a software Victoria +. If you have it installed it might be a culprit. If you had it installed and removed it, check for any remnant files that may not have been removed. A long shot, but I thought I would contribute it. If you have Vancouver + installed you may want to consider it as a factor as well. So much for my paltry two cents worth.

any help is appreciated here.. maybe one guy might blast you with some rude comment, so try to look past it, but apart from that most people here try and help each other. So most of us open minded and as we all try to get to the bottom of this crashes, it really is appreciated to get as most of the users involved to try and make some sanity from this issue.

That's a thought! I did install CYYJ by (forget who), wasn't impressed and uninstalled it. I thought I checked to see if it had all gone but who knows? Where do I start looking for remnants i.e. afcads?

EDIT: Had a good old dig around and also used Airport Scanner...Turned up nothing. *sigh*

That's a thought! I did install CYYJ by (forget who), wasn't impressed and uninstalled it. I thought I checked to see if it had all gone but who knows? Where do I start looking for remnants i.e. afcads?

\Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery would be a good place ot start maybe also \Flight Simulator X\Scenery

Also worth checking in the Flight Simulator X directory see if the addon installed anything in there too.

Edit: It may also be worth while checking C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Flight SImulator X\Scenery.cfg just to make sure the airport's been removed from there

Fantastic plane!

I have to add here that I was having issues with the Katana. I would start the flight and that would be fine but there was a problem where entering the FSX menu for any reason and then going back to the flight would give me graphical corruption or a FATAL ERROR and an FSX restart.

Now reading here I deleted my FSX.CFG file and let FSX rebuild it on the next restart. I can jump in and out of the Katana no problem and in and out of the menu with no crashing.

Thanks all for this thread!

Charles.

Hmmmm....I have the CTDs on exit as well. But not only with the Katana, but also with the Dimona! Hmmmm.... I have only those two installed from Aerosoft. I have some A2A birds and the Dodo on my system, but only the two Aerosoft aircraft appear to be affected. I can fly with the Cub in the Rockies (Orbx), REX, ASE till the cows come home, no CTD.

With the Katana, I can save the flight after landing via hotkey, but upon saving FSX crashes. The file is still okay through. The aircraft state is not saved, just the FSX stuff like position, etc. What's even more interesting: after a CTD I cannot immediately reload FSX again! When I load a flight I only see an invisible screen, with just a white triangle in each corner. After rebooting everything is back to normal. Now, this smells like a memory leak.

On a side note: something is wrong with the trim when using FS Force. It is totally out of sync in the air.

I have Win7 64bit, 6 gigs of ram, GTX 570, Core i7 @ 4.0 GHz.