Crashing to Desktop

metronom

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw and just as a status in between:Because I bought some new airports for orbx-AU, I'm flying now since monday with Katy every flight, something about 8 or 9 hours with weather engines, 2 monitors, plan-g, hot cpu because of high temps here outside (cpu 35-58degrrees), long legs, short legs, bad weather, almost all things to the right in fsx: No CTD.... But: This was in Orbx-AU! Since monday no CTD! Last week I did exactly the same things, but it was in PNW and I had several CTDs and I had to screw down autogen and water to get a bit rid of it...but they still happened. There MUST be something with Katy and PNW...

Cheers, stephan

Ps: in my messages after CTD are also these files mentioned, you're talking about...mostly this d3g.dll

Like I said d3g.dll is 90% of the time loading error.. too much to complicated.. Do you overclock CPU/GPU? A number of people have got rid of this error also by going back to CPU intended clock speeds.

Please look at this post especially for those that get the FREEZE... Dont know if it might help.. something to try if you do overclock.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/334730-i-have-nailed-down-fsx-feeze-ups-and-ctds/

You know the feeling 'Enough is enough'? :rolleyes: I spent over an hour flying around NWR without as much as a flicker. I try another Orcas flight and get a 13 mile smack in the gob! :lol: 'I know', I thought, 'let's try to approach KORS from a slightly different direction'. So I stayed a bit more south than usual and approached KORS from the south. You guessed it, flew straight in. <_<

I give up and I'll put it down to the vagaries of FSX. It really can be a bitch at times eh?

I attach a panel.cfg to this message with excludes some modules. Would be interesting, if those crashes still occur. Pleae backup you original file.

As the load/save module will not be available, you have to switch to instructor mode every flight and systems etc. should be loaded in full condition. Otherwise use the "repair all" button.

Thanks for your help! :)

Aha! That fixed it! But I'm not sure I understand. Is this a final fix? Will I have to switch to instructor mode every flight? Will it save my progress?

Sorry I didn't take more time to figure it out, but it's getting really late here. So I just tested it really quickly.;)

Thanks for your help!

I attach a panel.cfg to this message with excludes some modules. Would be interesting, if those crashes still occur. Pleae backup you original file.

As the load/save module will not be available, you have to switch to instructor mode every flight and systems etc. should be loaded in full condition. Otherwise use the "repair all" button.

Thanks for your help! :)

Marcel, just tried this first 'test' and it worked. No CTD on 'end flight'. I was in FTX Australia, but a previous test with the original panel file had given me the same CTD. So you are for sure on to something. Not all that familiar with the instructor mode, but I did notice that the Hobbs meter was not working. No worries do, since I understand we are collectively working 'on something' to hopefully fix the issue. Not sure when I will have the time to try out the other file you uploaded however.

Thanks for the feedback! :) Would be great if you could test the other files also so that I know which module is causing the problem.

As written in the manual: In Instructor and Simple Mode, the aircraft will be new every time loaded. So the hobbs meter is intended to show zero hours. ;)

But of course...

One quick question. For the two other files, do we set in 'instructor mode' also?

Cheers. Any many thanks

Good point. For panel2 you will have to use instructor mode. Panel1 realistic mode. Thanks for the hint!

Latest update.

Panel1 appears to fix the issue. I just tried twice. The first time, I got a CTD after I clicked 'end flight', but looks like FSX had complete it's end flight process, since I a loaded a new flight afterwards, the Kat 'remembered' that one.

I then did another flight, and no CTD at all after 'end flight'. I am off to double check if the Kat 'remembered' that one also.

Like I said d3g.dll is 90% of the time loading error.. too much to complicated.. Do you overclock CPU/GPU? A number of people have got rid of this error also by going back to CPU intended clock speeds.

Please look at this post especially for those that get the FREEZE... Dont know if it might help.. something to try if you do overclock.

http://forum.avsim.n...e-ups-and-ctds/

Hi bliksimpie,

thanks for that link. But as far as I understand that right, its more the question of changing something with the memory. in my case, i´ve o-c the cpu (AMD 1090BE on Crosshair Formular IV), but I pushed just the multiplyer so that I am on 4 (3,4normal). So its not that much. And its stable - no probs at all in other situations.

But now I will read the posts about the panel... perhaps that works for me. Today I tried again KORS > 3W5 and WA38 > 7S3.... 50% and CTD....

Cheers, Stephan

Latest update.

Panel1 appears to fix the issue. I just tried twice. The first time, I got a CTD after I clicked 'end flight', but looks like FSX had complete it's end flight process, since I a loaded a new flight afterwards, the Kat 'remembered' that one.

I then did another flight, and no CTD at all after 'end flight'. I am off to double check if the Kat 'remembered' that one also.

Thanks mate! Could you also test the panel2 cfg file? That will disable savings, so you will have to use Instructor Mode.

Hi Marcel,

I just tried Panel1 realistic... I have no sounds in VC after changing the original panel with panel1.

Gruss, Stephan

(just change the panels, or did I miss something else??)

EDIT: Just startet the engine... when I start the engine, the sound of the engine is there... but no knobs, key, brakes... all other noises aren´t there with panel1.

Panel1 works almost as per normal, i.e. Realistic mode with the aircraft as I left it and I made the trip. :D Some sounds anomalies. (I'll have another go and be more specific.

Panel2 Only Instructor mode and no GPS. CTDed on cue approximately 15 miles out which coincided with trying to tune radio in to KOTS frequency.

Thanks mate! Could you also test the panel2 cfg file? That will disable savings, so you will have to use Instructor Mode.

Panel2 (from your second posting of fixes) tested. Same testing parameters. CTD after clicking 'end flight'.

Hope this helps.

For now, I will stick with Panel1 of your second posting and keep taking notes.

Many... many thanks for this.

I will be interested to see the findings of BPL and Bill, since they both have the EXACT same issue has me.

Thats normal. panel1 is without the sound module, panel2 without the loading/saving modul. So it seems that the sound modul is the problem. Can that be confirmed?

Thats normal. panel1 is without the sound module, panel2 without the loading/saving modul. So it seems that the sound modul is the problem. Can that be confirmed?

Hi Marcel,

perhaps it was only a coincidence but I did just now the same flight like this afternoon without a CTD! (panel1) ;-)

Gruss, Stephan

PS.: This message I had today - has this something to do with that? I thought it wouldn´t have a correlation to the CTDs, but....who knows?

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: DSOUND.dll, Version: 6.1.7600.16385, Zeitstempel: 0x4a5bd9fd

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x000399c8

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xc50

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cc1159949bb429

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\DSOUND.dll

Berichtskennung: 04838584-7d4d-11e0-9ae1-00040ecd8f9b

Here is an idea. Conflict between ORBX airport custom sounds and the Katana sound module? But then, why is not everyone reporting it?! The joys of FSX

Not a bad hunch, but a lot of the crashing I had with it early on was at Cushman, which doesn't have any sounds implemented yet. I had the same thought when I first heard about the sound module being suspect, though.

Not a bad hunch, but a lot of the crashing I had with it early on was at Cushman, which doesn't have any sounds implemented yet. I had the same thought when I first heard about the sound module being suspect, though.

I am just about to travel to northern germany for the FS-conference and hopefully be able to talk with Mathijs. So I won't be in the forum until tomorrow evening. :)

Thanks for the feedback to all of you!

Bill, is it possible to disable the ORBX sounds at all to test if there is a conflict between both systems? With FSX you never know what is being loaded although not being at an airfield with sound enviroment... :D

Greetings,

Marcel

I am just about to travel to northern germany for the FS-conference and hopefully be able to talk with Mathijs. So I won't be in the forum until tomorrow evening. :)

Thanks for the feedback to all of you!

Bill, is it possible to disable the ORBX sounds at all to test if there is a conflict between both systems? With FSX you never know what is being loaded although not being at an airfield with sound enviroment... :D

Greetings,

Marcel

Yes, of course. The control panel for each of the sound-enabled sceneries has the option to turn off the sounds. It's worth testing for anyone who's keen to try.

Just did a quick test of the two panel files. I had no crash with panel1, but I had a crash with panel2. I'm using panel1 for now.

Thanks for your help, Marcel.

I had crackling sound from time to time in ORBX Australia when the engine is running. !