Flight instruments not working in Simple mode

RobM

The flight instruments (altimeter, air speed indicator and variometer) all seem to stick at their loaded settings,

typically zero, when Simple mode is chosen as the default and the plane is loaded. They do work as normal

(assuming no break downs) when Realistic mode is chosen as the default.

Avionics and engine gauges seem to work just fine in Simple mode..

As described in the manual, Simple mode should just load the plane as brand new with no maintenance issues

and all systems.functioning.

Also Simple mode always loads as cold and dark with automatic selected, and never as all systems on, ready

to take off (although not a biggie since the plane is easy to start).

I would sometimes just like to take off and fly without spending the time on all the pre-checks required in Realistic

mode. Is there any way of fixing, or maybe am I just doing something wrong when selecting Simple mode as default?

I tried Marcel's re-set app a couple of times, using deleting all, and I uninstalled and re-installed the plane once,

but still always the same results.

Thanks - Rob

The auto-configuration should work in all operation modes, so it should not be necessary to set all systems if you switch to the Katana from an aircraft with a running engine. What is your default flight situation?

Sorry for not replying sooner; I tried messing around some more, but still no luck; the flight instrumnents remain

frozen in Simple mode but not in Realistic mode.

In answer to your question, I usually just pick an aircraft, pick an airport, load and go there. I don't normally load one aircraft,

go to an airport, and then swap to another aircraft while at the airport...

I did try your suggestion of loading a running default aircraft, in this case the default Cessna C172, and then swapping

in the Katana, with Simple mode previously set as default, but still same. I then took off in the Katana, instruments frozen,

and then swapped out to the C172, and the C172's flight instruments now worked. I then swapped back out to the Katana

in mid-flight, and flight instruments (air speed, altimeter, and velocimeter) were then frozen at where they had been in the C172.

Yeah, that's just too wierd. And I tried this with three different Katana liveries.

At this point, given that one mode works and the other doesn't, all I can think of is that maybe the download itself somehow

had a few files corrupted or misplaced on the hard drive, and so is missing a few bits and pieces;

l downloaded, from Aerosoft's site; I 'll try re-downloading again to-night and re-installing to see if that makes a difference.

But in the end, don't worry too much about it; the plane is spectaculalry fine, and I'll just use the Realistic mode, although in

that mode because of the additional walk arounds and check times,I don't know if I'll fly quite as much. .

Thanks for your time Marcel. - Rob

• Aerosoft

l downloaded, from Aerosoft's site; I 'll try re-downloading again to-night and re-installing to see if that makes a difference.

Our installers check the installed files after it is completed, if there is no error shown you can be sure the installation is correct. repeating that will not make a difference.

Hi. I have the same issue - In simple mode the airspeed, altimeter etc remain frozen. I have tried deleting the data file, adding the new panel.cfg fix, loading from a basic microsoft plane (ie loading from a basic situation), switching back to Realistic, then back to simple again. I have read, and re-read the manuals....and still they remain frozen. The rest of the instuments all work fine. Any ideas please? Thx

Hi. I have the same issue - In simple mode the airspeed, altimeter etc remain frozen. I have tried deleting the data file, adding the new panel.cfg fix, loading from a basic microsoft plane (ie loading from a basic situation), switching back to Realistic, then back to simple again. I have read, and re-read the manuals....and still they remain frozen. The rest of the instuments all work fine. Any ideas please? Thx

As I mentioned above I will check that. Please give me some time... ;)