Still can't update OVAO online data with FSC8.6

MortenS

I've now asked IVAO when they will fix this, but they don't even seem to aqnowledge any problem. IVAE works fine, and I haven't seen anyone with FSC9 have a problem, so I really think this must be a FSC problem. FSC only adds two links from the db server link, which have multiple whazzup links. Only the first wazzup link actually works of the two that FSC adds to the .ini file. And even that can't download _CTR atc data. Can we please have a fix for this now?

MS Win7 64

FSX

FSC8.6

Regards

Morten Straus

Hi Morten,

here is the information: http://forum.simflig...fix-2011-03-16/

Be careful, this bug fix applies only to version 9.0. The version 8.x is not supported anymore.

Regards,

Volker

I don't see how this relates to me then, since I own the 8.6 version. But with this bad support, I can asure I'll never buy v9, having had v8.6 for only a year before the support is stopped ;) ; as if I ever got any support before.

I don't see how this relates to me then, since I own the 8.6 version. But with this bad support, I can asure I'll never buy v9, having had v8.6 for only a year before the support is stopped ;) ; as if I ever got any support before.

Hello Morten,,

FSC 8 was around for a considerable amount of time before and I believe what Volker may be implying is that the product would need to be fixed to get it working with IVAO again.

As he has now stopped fixing because V9 is available that product then technically its not supported, so if IVAO change something and it again doesn't work then a fix will be made for FSC 9.

The product is offered at a discount to previous version owners as well..

Hello Morten,,

FSC 8 was around for a considerable amount of time before and I believe what Volker may be implying is that the product would need to be fixed to get it working with IVAO again.

As he has now stopped fixing because V9 is available that product then technically its not supported, so if IVAO change something and it again doesn't work then a fix will be made for FSC 9.

The product is offered at a discount to previous version owners as well..

Thanks, got the impression that there would not be any upgrade posibilities with FSC9. But with this discount I'll reconsider.

Anyway I was told on the forum that this error in FSC8.6 was because IVAO was having problems with their servers. That doesn't seem to be the case then, and that have also been dismissed by IVAO.

Regards

Morten