Katana 4X: little sound issue?

Sayuuk

Hey guys,

first of all: awesome product =)

I've been a fan of the similar work of A2A (in terms of keeping the same airplane and collecting hours on the same airframe) and always wanted this to be applied to something more modern.

One thing I've noted so far, is that there is a little "sound issue".

Let me describe it

- appears from idle to ~25-30% (then fades away)

- ~2 second rythm

- "primarily" from the left (VC, looking forward) - but this may be an illusion

- clicking-noise, not very prominent, but very audible, especially when you've noticed it and know it's there

=> seems to be some maybe not so well cut sound file that loops every 2 seconds and has some white noise at the end (or beginning).

If you could look into this, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Stefan

• Aerosoft

Mmmm this has been reported during the beta and it was looked into a lot (even I tried my hands). But as it just does not happen on my machine and that of many others it was one of those very hard to change things.

Could you tell me the what your sound hardware is? And if the drivers are up to date? Perhaps we can find some common factor.

Mmmm this has been reported during the beta and it was looked into a lot (even I tried my hands). But as it just does not happen on my machine and that of many others it was one of those very hard to change things.

Could you tell me the what your sound hardware is? And if the drivers are up to date? Perhaps we can find some common factor.

Hey Mathijs,

my sound-hardware(s):

was: Audigy 2 ZS (current driver)

is: VIA integrated on mainboard (current driver)

I already removed the Audigy to see whether that helps, but it didn't.

What I noticed though:

If I select the Katana after a fresh start of FSX on the free-flight screen, this does NOT occur (my default flight is the original one). If I load the Kat after some other plane in a running "session", this occurs.

As I said in the other thread, it's not a major issue, as idle is what I do not use ;-)

mmmmmm...

If you are up to it, could you try to comment out this line in the panel.cfg, (just add // in front of it) and tell me if that solves the problem?

gauge97=ASC!MAIN, 0, 0, 10, 10, 1

I'll need to get back to you with that. (~1h)

Right now I'm flying a timed leg for the MEBAR with my beautiful Katana ;-)

mmmmmm...

If you are up to it, could you try to comment out this line in the panel.cfg, (just add // in front of it) and tell me if that solves the problem?

gauge97=ASC!MAIN, 0, 0, 10, 10, 1

Ok, I tried it.

Apart from disabling all the custom sounds (naturally), the problem is still there - no change.

But, I found out that it is related to what FSX treats as "engine sounds". When going through all the sound options in FSX, the problem can only be heard when you enable "engine sounds".

Okay, thanks for trying that.

Tomorrow I will try to tweak the sound a bit and send it to you for testing.

Thank you! =)

Enjoy your Easter weekend!

Stefan, would you describe the sound you're hearing as a popping sound? I'm getting a sound under the same circumstances as you; to me it sounds like a speaker popping, kinda like an issue that cropped up in the Airbus X where there was a popping when the battery was turned on .

Stefan, would you describe the sound you're hearing as a popping sound? I'm getting a sound under the same circumstances as you; to me it sounds like a speaker popping, kinda like an issue that cropped up in the Airbus X where there was a popping when the battery was turned on .

Yep.

Popping fits nicely ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.

Popping fits nicely ;-)

I too have the popping issue now... very strange. Windows 7 64 Home Premium. On board realtek sound. Whats strange as I can NOT remember hearing this at first. Just started happening now. Going to experiment a bit to see if I can pin it down. But it's def. a popping sound out of left speaker/left side of VC. also fades away as power is increased. Curious as to whether anyone's made any headway in regards to this issue? Will report back with my findings as well. Thanks all!

Ty

I had it also, but after I let repair the engine, I thougt it would be an idea to repair the "Elec.Comp." also,although it wasn't marked yellow. Now, there is no longer that "tick,tick" at 10-12MP... :-)

Cheers, Stephan

I had it also, but after I let repair the engine, I thougt it would be an idea to repair the "Elec.Comp." also,although it wasn't marked yellow. Now, there is no longer that "tick,tick" at 10-12MP... :-)

Cheers, Stephan

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Stefan