Thank you

Nyxx

It might not be the right place, but..

I just wanted to take the time and thank you for making a GA aircraft with this amount of depth.

You just put every other GA in the shadows of this small but perfectly formed master piece.

Kind Regards

David

PS: In normal operation book 4 you have two pagers numbered 15 :)

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to add my congratulations and thanks for creating a great new aircraft for FSX.

IMO FSX has been crying out for a accusim-ish GA aircraft like this for sometime and the Katana fits the bill and then some - simply great! :D

I agree with all that's said! Awesome plane! It's absotulely GREAT to have a LITTLE plane with so much (and this specific kind of) depth! It's a dream come true. :) And it looks awesome too! Incredible graphics! Even the menu's are awesome!

And oh yes, performance...! When Marcel said last year the performance was similar to the default C172 I thought (in all honesty) 'yeah, right...' But my goodness, performance is indeed stunning!!! I can honestly say all my expectations are met or even er... better (can't come up with the right word right now).

Plane of the year for me. ;)

Ahh, a good post - sometimes while I'm posting about my issues (mainly a case of PEBKAC), I forgot how awesome this plane is!

Thanks again and I hope it sells well for you!

I too would like to add my "Thanks" for a job well done!! It's obvious there's been a lot of love and a ton of work that went into this release!!!!!

It's nice to see developers that still pride themselves on "pushing the envelope" so to speak. (smile)

Again.....Very nicely done!!!

Cheers,

What I also like a lot (and which no other GA addon offers afaik): you can turn the radio, transponder and GPS off and... they stay off when you return later.... Something so simple, but something I always missed. The fact that when you get back to the plane and everything is the way you left it, is just awesome. :D

And o yes, I never thought I'd see the day... that I did NOT edit the alpha channel of the windows...!!! This plane is SO realistic that I decided to NOT remove the reflections (as I've ALWAYS done up to now) and keep it as it is, because it's so much more real! ^_^

Thanks again for all those nice comments which are motivation for the next projects. In fact, at the end of the Katanas development, I thought how wonderfull it would be to make only simple aircrafts with default FSX systems in future... :wacko:

I can only add:

Thanks for taking on the challenge of the full monty simulation. The realistic mode may only be fully appreciated by the hardcore simmer, following checklists to the letter or dealing with the consequences, but the other two modes give the addon a really wide audience. Wonderful attention to detail, fun to use, exceptionally well supported...

This one definitely stays on my FSX setup, up there with the PMDGs, A2As, and RealAirs I have...

Andrew

... In fact, at the end of the Katanas development, I thought how wonderfull it would be to make only simple aircrafts with default FSX systems in future... :wacko:

Please don't!!! mellow.gif

Carenado and others already do this.

Marcel,

I want to join in with my thanks and congratulations on the Katana. I cannot imagine a better training tool for my flying lessons on the real Katana. Training procedures and preparing my flights is "as real as it gets" on a home PC!

MfG

E.

It might not be the right place, but..

I just wanted to take the time and thank you for making a GA aircraft with this amount of depth.

You just put every other GA in the shadows of this small but perfectly formed master piece.

Kind Regards

David

:)

+1

The goalposts have been well and truly moved! The way I see this trend going is that as a pilot, you'll start on a Katana and graduate to something a little more complicated. Like in real, what's it called? Ah yes! LIFE. :)

I finally got some time to do some maneuvers. Starting from preflight, I did a touch and go, then flew over to the Del Mar practice area and did some steep turns and slow flight. Then I practiced some approach to landing stalls and take off and departure stalls. Finally, I wrapped up with a return to Montgomery and parked back at Pacific Wings.

The whole flight really felt authentic. There were a few minor differences. For example, the cylinder heat temp was cooler than my Katana (I'm envious!) and the throttle settings were a bit different. Overall, though, the modeling was quite accurate.

Thanks for all your hard work. This project shows a lot of attention to detail. It will be a pleasure to use this simulation when planning my cross country trips.

David

I agree with everything already said. This is hands down the best add-on purchase I've ever made. It's absolutely extraordinary! The Katana gives far more immersion than any other FS aircraft I own. I especially love the ability to perform the walkaround check.

Thanks for making the best FS add-on ever!

Now if I could only get FSX to stop crashing at the end of every flight so that those bug splats will stay there!;)

Yes, Thank You from my side too :). I wait for Yours DA-20 from last September. Im user DA-20 of Aerosoft for FS9/FSX (old model) so nice to see this devellopment!

Thx again Marcel :).

Marcel, I'd like to add my big "Thank You" to the list.

For me, as a no-real-life-pilot, such addons are realy great value - they allow us to make another step forward realizm.

My skills and some avation knowledge will improve for sure.

I was looking at Diamond website, and I found that they publish real aircraft manuals. When I took a look at it, I found another thing: we already have a real AOM delivered :). Even picture used for walk-around procedure is taken from real AOM. Nice, such things add next pieces to realizm.

Model and textures are of finest quality, and what's realy important, the performance (influence on fps I mean) is very good.

Also, your new product reminded me, that I havn't flown my do-27 for quite a long time... need to change that :).

------------------------------

Pawel Dragan