New purchase: CTD

ryanbatc

Getting a CTD when I try to load this plane within FSX. My default flight is C172 from the VC.

The odd thing is - the faulting module is rxpGNS.dll - maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't have the GNS530, and only the 430?

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: rxpGNS.DLL

Fault Module Version: 1.4.9.9

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d1167fd

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002d078

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

Anyway, FSX Acceleration, all the C++/.NET libraries, latest DX update, latest video drivers

Win 7 x64 SP1

EDIT *******************************

Found the issue - per the panel.cfg it's assumed the user has the RXP GNS530W - because I found this line in the cfg file (vcockpit00):

gauge46=fs9gps!gps_500, 1244, 12, 790, 742

gauge47=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1245, 1140, 790, 570

This will cause a CTD if the user doesn't own the 530 - like me! So all I did was comment out the gauge line and it works!

• Upvote 1

Getting a CTD when I try to load this plane within FSX. My default flight is C172 from the VC.

The odd thing is - the faulting module is rxpGNS.dll - maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't have the GNS530, and only the 430?

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: rxpGNS.DLL

Fault Module Version: 1.4.9.9

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d1167fd

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002d078

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

Anyway, FSX Acceleration, all the C++/.NET libraries, latest DX update, latest video drivers

Win 7 x64 SP1

Yes, it's only compatible with RXP GNS 530.

Well I know that.... silly!

They should make a config panel if you own the RXP stack. The RXP GNS530W is not required to fly this plane - the default GPS500 is in the panel, it's just that they forgot to delete the RXP unit in the panel.cfg

Yep, I'm the same guy lol...

All I'm saying is by default the panel state is default GPS500 - and it should work like so. Mine does not... it just CTD's unless I comment out that gauge line.

LOL my fail! :lol:

LOL my fail! :lol:

No worries... note to self: careful with engine - I ran her out of oil (yeah oil, not gas!) on short final, engine quit, and it looks like it takes 5+ minutes to change the oil, and get the engine fixed haha!

This thing is sick!! (as in cool!)

Hi there,

I am sorry about this error. Apparently none of the testers did have this combination on his system. I contacted already RealityXP and hope we can find a solution without removing the GNS from the panel.cfg.

Thanks for the hint!

Greetings,

Marcel

Eh, quick fix from my end, but I wonder if any other users only have GNS430W.

Also, any chance of getting a manual soon? Apparently I really need help LOL...

I've somehow broken my pitot-static system, my ASI and VSI are not showing anything. What might I be missing?

BTW - ummm, you've created a masterpiece here! I own a lot of payware and none have ever been this detailed... especially in a small plane.

Also, I think you could have charged more for this plane! 35 USD is incredible, I really thought it would be 40-50. I hope you sell a lot of copies.

I just got feedback from one user that the problem is solved as soon as he started the RealityXP configurator.

Also, any chance of getting a manual soon? Apparently I really need help LOL...

They haven't been installed? Please check the entries in your start menu or FSX\Aerosoft\Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X\ ...

35 USD is incredible, I really thought it would be 40-50.

You should have told me some hours before. :D

I just got feedback from one user that the problem is solved as soon as he started the RealityXP configurator.

They haven't been installed? Please check the entries in your start menu or FSX\Aerosoft\Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X\ ...

Ok I'll give the configurator by RXP a trry...

And you're right.... I see the manuals in the start menu D'OH!! Sorry!

Any idea on the airspeed and vsi gauges?

Marcel,

I have not purchased this add-on yet due to lack of funds, but when you have to, say recharge the batteries, is it possible to use time acceleration? My rig simply will not stand up to running FSX for 12 Hours straight :-P

Great work BTW - The price is incredible, considering what you have put in it! biggrin.gifph34r.gif Thanks for making this incredible add-on! wub.gif

Craig smile.gif

to use time acceleration? My rig simply will not stand up to running FSX for 12 Hours straight :-P

Craig, it takes about 10-20 seconds on my system to load the battery enough for engine starting. That is in fact a little too fast. You can also exchange the whole battery and get a new one which should be done in about one or two minutes... :-)

Hi Marcel, Every time I fly it, do i need to clean the aircraft as well?

My altimiter and asi and Vsi dont seem to work, even though i did a pre-flkight walk-around check....

Craig

Every time I fly it, do i need to clean the aircraft as well?

No need to clean the aircraft after every flight. Depends on the weather, the airfield etc. how dirty it gets...

I'll send you a pm to help you finding a solution for the other problem...