Diamond DA20-100 Katana

I think the argument here was that the Katana is supposed to be flown only in VFR at DAY... (however weird that restriction may seem, most C152 can also be used at night...)

I still agree though. For me it's less about the light being too dark, but more about the color banding being tooooo prominent...

I know it's something about real light effects vs. bump maps, but maybe that's still something that could be enhanced.

My suggestion here:

- add another option to the lighting setting to switch the following off

- add optional gauge background lighting. this may be in RL restricted to modified Katanas, but should not be unrealistic

- add "lighted bezels" to the important switches

I'm not talking anything too exotic here, more like what you have in a car. If you use this kind of lighting you wouldn't need the "flood light" for the panel.

Btw, you can find a lot about Katanas being used for night VFR (not too surprising), so this isn't some "Sim-Kiddies" idea of a perfect plane ;-)

Diamond Homepage regarding Night VFR refit for the DA20

I'm not sure how tucked in you are in your developing future projects (I'm so looking forward to the Porter, a definite purchase =P ), and I don't know how much you consider this project "done" feature-wise.

But if you either can think about adding this for the Katana or could consider it for the Eclipse (together with an autopilot ;-) ), it'd be great.

Thanks, Stefan

P.S.:

One of the reasons why I'm so interested is that I love to fly on VATSIM. Now most of the time I won't be online before it's dark outside, leaving me with no other option (besides "cheating" the time of day) than flying at night.

+1 for the night lighting !

1. Did you choose the right Prop Lever mode under the settings of the Katana? SHIFT+3 > SETTINGS > PROP LEVER (FSUIPC)

2. FSUIPC > AXIS ASSIGNMENT > Send to FS as normal axis > 4X DA20-100: L:LEVER PROPELLER PITCH Set

3. Ensure that there is no other Prop Lever asignment in FSX controls or via FSUIPC

Did this solve the problem?

sorry to say Marcel,

the trick didn't work for me. I had all those settings correct. No other axes were assigned. I did a complete reinstall but the throttle and the mixture keep being stuck. I'll try to erase all settings and do a new install but I'm afraid I've been through all this.

busy times for you with us being a nuisance :-)

Jan

sorry to say Marcel,

the trick didn't work for me. I had all those settings correct. No other axes were assigned. I did a complete reinstall but the throttle and the mixture keep being stuck. I'll try to erase all settings and do a new install but I'm afraid I've been through all this.

busy times for you with us being a nuisance :-)

Jan

I'll send you a PM with my mail, please contact me and we'll try to find the problem.

Have you loaded the Katana from a previous flight where the mixture was set anywhere other than full?

Ctrl+Shift+F4 is the default keyboard command full rich mixture, IIRC. Might be worth trying that.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip Simon.