Diamond DA20-100 Katana

So this is my issue...

I can see the prop(interior and exterior views) only if i am in front of the prop...blink.gif

Help please...blush.gif

You mean that it is only barely visible? (you can see the prop disc somewhat)

=> that's how it's supposed to be (and is in real life! =)

You mean that it is only barely visible? (you can see the prop disc somewhat)

=> that's how it's supposed to be (and is in real life! =)

No i can see the propdisc only when i am in the front of the prop.

And how do you do to repair the canoply?

Found another bug:

English cockpit:

Carb Heat and Cabin Heat are swapped.

The controls work as in the German version (left: Carb, right: Cabin), but the label says left: Cabin, right: Carb)

Should be easy ;-)

You beat me to it.;)

.... firstly how do you tune to something like 123.675 on the comm radio, I getr as far as 123.67 but can't do the last 5, and FSX's ATC doesn't seem to recognise that as the same frequency, had to switch to simple mode to get those ones!

I was wondering this as well. The CTAF at our airport is 122.975, but I can only set the radio to 122.95. I'm probably really ignorant for not knowing how this works, :blush: but I've only flown a real aircraft once. Most of my knowledge of aviation comes from flight sims, and I've never encountered this before.

I was wondering this as well. The CTAF at our airport is 122.975, but I can only set the radio to 122.95. I'm probably really ignorant for not knowing how this works, :blush: but I've only flown a real aircraft once. Most of my knowledge of aviation comes from flight sims, and I've never encountered this before.

You need to right-click on the inner knob (in RL you pull it out) and then turn it!

Hi,

I have the same problem with the radio, when I would like to tune in the tower frequency of Hanover Airport (EDDV) which is 120.175, I switch the radios to 120.17, but the ATC Window still says

to switch to 120.175. (With the radio in the realistic mode).

When I go to the simple radio mode it works when I press the Frequency in the ATC Window and when I tune the radio to 120.17.

Must be a problem with the realistic "Radio Mode".

And the second issue I found is, in the Instructor Mode the Fuel Level remains always at the same level. There is fuel flow indicated, but the level remains always at same quantity.

Best regards and Thank you for that great airplane.

Markus.

For some reason airplane status is not saved.

For example I already made 3 flights - granted first one resulted in engine failure (pilot error), but last two were successful, but every time I load airplane it says 0 time and 0 flights. Settings in the menu are not saved as well, I make changes - on flaps/prop and radio controls - have to reset every time I load airplane.

And every time I exit the flight - FSX crashes to desktop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

For example I already made 3 flights - granted first one resulted in engine failure (pilot error), but last two were successful, but every time I load airplane it says 0 time and 0 flights. Settings in the menu are not saved as well, I make changes - on flaps/prop and radio controls - have to reset every time I load airplane.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

You don't have administrator rights.

Get administrator rights.

Funny... I just worked on the trim tabs window to fix an item and added a "set to neutral with right click" function befor reading your post. ;)

But I will not add values or numbers as in reality you won't bend the tab 4.52531% up. You will bend a little and experience the result in flight. That is the thrill. ;)

No plans to add an ADF in the Katana. Perhabs in the Eclipse...

You need to right-click on the inner knob (in RL you pull it out) and then turn it!

Think I tried that already and didn't seem to work, will give it another go after I repair my Katana, just managed to break the elevators off! :blush:

Think I tried that already and didn't seem to work, will give it another go after I repair my Katana, just managed to break the elevators off! :blush:

No it doesnt work, just tried it!

Hi,

Seems to be a really good product. So far I've only found one glitch. When using the Radio's in realistic mode I can't tune some frequencies. For example 130.425 etc even though I have 130.42 in the radio window I can't transmit. I was wondering if there is a work round this???

David

PS I have quite a few hours in a real Katana and this is very realistic.

Hi,

Seems to be a really good product. So far I've only found one glitch. When using the Radio's in realistic mode I can't tune some frequencies. For example 130.425 etc even though I have 130.42 in the radio window I can't transmit. I was wondering if there is a work round this???

David

For now the workaround is to switch to the "simple" radio, which seems to work just fine (tested on VATSIM)

Any suggestions?

Do you get a "simConnect link active" message after loading the aircraft? On the left side there are some messages appearing in the first seconds after you selected the Katana, what do you read? (Please select a default aircraft for the flight and switch to the Katana. If it is the default aircraft, those messages are gone before the simulator has loaded completely)

Hi,

David

Yes, reading the manual helps. Smaller frequency adjustments are available, and the manual tells you how. Did you fly the real Katana without reading one? I bloody didn't...

• Upvote 1

Yes, reading the manual helps. Smaller frequency adjustments are available, and the manual tells you how. Did you fly the real Katana without reading one? I bloody didn't...

Simon... are you always this friendly?...

• Upvote 1

I tried pulling the knob out, but I still can't get the third decimal value. I can get to 122.97 but not 122.975. If I'm not mistaken, some real-world aircraft have a toggle switch that allows you to switch between a zero or five for the third decimal value (which isn't displayed); but I can't find anything that would allow me to change the third decimal value. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Also, FSX crashes to desktop after every flight.

But other than those minor issues, this thing is incredible!

An optical glitch.

When you remove the cowling, the outside still shows the prop spinner (correctly) but the inside view gives you a floating prop without attached structure (prop spinner).

pitw.th.jpg

outsideb.th.jpg

The propeller is pretty transparent when the engine is running. I like some visible prop too as you can see on videos. But it was complained that you won't see the propeller with your eyes in reality so I made it nearly unvisible.

Gauges don't have backlighting. There is just the floodlight.

What floodlight ? Are you talking about the map floodlight ? When I click on it, it doesn't seem to flood the VC with any light ?

Anyways, I was flying the Katana in the sim today ! You did a really fantastic job with her !! She feels and looks good aside from the lack of the prop effects and guage lighting.

You know what would be really cool is if you can add some more smudges and dirt to the windows ! Kind of like what Real Air did with thier latest plane.

Regards........

Slips exactly like the real one for me. FSX Settings mebbe? Hardware? How much time in a Rotax-engined Katana do you have?

None, are you offering ? lol...

I stand corrected if she slips like the real thing.

You know what would be really cool is if you can add some more smudges and dirt to the windows !

For me, the Katana is even better because she adds some dirt to your screen while you are flying. So no static display but a living thing. Try it and chase all the insects around you. :lol:

Realair did some nice optics, no doubt, but this feature, together with the cleaning of the plane, is the benchmark now in my eyes.

An optical glitch.

When you remove the cowling, the outside still shows the prop spinner (correctly) but the inside view gives you a floating prop without attached structure (prop spinner).

pitw.th.jpg

outsideb.th.jpg

It is intended to not include the whole exterior structure in the vcp to improve framerates. Otherwise the engine etc. has to be seen as well... ;)

I tried pulling the knob out, but I still can't get the third decimal value. I can get to 122.97 but not 122.975. If I'm not mistaken, some real-world aircraft have a toggle switch that allows you to switch between a zero or five for the third decimal value (which isn't displayed); but I can't find anything that would allow me to change the third decimal value. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Also, FSX crashes to desktop after every flight.

But other than those minor issues, this thing is incredible!

In real life there are the following frequencies (except in the "world of 8.33", which doesn't concern us in a Katana)

frequency => shown as

xxx.x00 => xxx.x0

xxx.x25 => xxx.x2

xxx.x50 => xxx.x5

xxx.x75 => xxx.x7

Most of the time (if you're not flying with high-end equipment) you will get a display that shows the right column, although internally it does set the frequencies in the left column.

Since there is no .x20 or .x70 there is not chance of using the wrong frequency!

If you're using higher end equipment (or if you want to fly above FL195 in most countries) you will need a com-unit with 8.33khz spacing. Those show one more digit, but that's a whole other story =)

In real life there are the following frequencies (except in the "world of 8.33", which doesn't concern us in a Katana)

frequency => shown as

xxx.x00 => xxx.x0

xxx.x25 => xxx.x2

xxx.x50 => xxx.x5

xxx.x75 => xxx.x7

Most of the time (if you're not flying with high-end equipment) you will get a display that shows the right column, although internally it does set the frequencies in the left column.

Since there is no .x20 or .x70 there is not chance of using the wrong frequency!

If you're using higher end equipment (or if you want to fly above FL195 in most countries) you will need a com-unit with 8.33khz spacing. Those show one more digit, but that's a whole other story =)

True, but some people can't contact FSX ATC when they need a freq that ends with .xx5. So your explanation is fine, but it won't help those people who can't contact ATC! ;) I haven't tested it myself but maybe the internal freqs of this virtual Katana don't handle the .xx5 as they should and actually turn it into x20 and .x70, unlike its real world counterpart

• Upvote 1

Simon... are you always this friendly?...

As I said to Marcel privately, this is possibly the most sophisticated add-on for FSX yet, certainly the most complex GA, and so far many of the `issues` reported are clearly the result of customers not applying the correct mindset...

If someone truly wants to buy something as detailed and in-depth as this and only apply the most superficial of approaches to using it, then they probably bought the wrong thing. But there's no qualifying for consuming other than the cash...

The problem is that this clouds the real and genuine issues that are being brought up, prevents proper cross-checking and verification - and provides a less enjoyable forum experience for those who want to treat the product with the sophistication it deserves.

The topic around us is the perfect example - is there a frequency select issue, or is it muppetry? Buggered if I know. :mad:

• Upvote 1