Problem with American Aerolites Falcon

signmanbob

Hell0,

I'm getting a strange out of place graphic with my American Aerolites Falcon. I tried reloading, reinstalling and repairing through the installer, but still have the problem.

Is there some setting that I may have wrong?

StrangegraphicwithAmerican.jpg

From that screen shot, I looks more like a problem with the scenery. Doers that only happen at one particular airport or at multiple aiports? Have you tried at one of FSX's default airports?

Not a problem with scenery. Problem with eyepoint that has put your eyeballs in the seat back. If you cant bear to use

WideViewAspect=False

Then all you have to do is adjust the eyepoint.

Chances are you have

WideViewAspect=TRUE

set

• 2 months later...

I appreciate the help.

This only happens on the ground, but at every airport. Once in the air the VC view is fine.

As Simon says, it may well be the wide aspect that is causing it. As for it only happening on the ground this also can happen as the view takes on a different geometry in relation to the air than it does to the ground. To check simply click control+ enter / control + backspace those two buttons will move your view forward and backwards, if not for any reason then go to your view settings in the FSX control panel and check it out, but that should do the trick.

Hell0,

I'm getting a strange out of place graphic with my American Aerolites Falcon. I tried reloading, reinstalling and repairing through the installer, but still have the problem.

Is there some setting that I may have wrong?

Hi

You are doing nothing wrong nor can it be corrected as far as I know .

Its an unfortunate consequence of the viewpoint being so close to the ground on these smaller machines . (That's why once you have climbed a few feet

the anomaly goes.)

If you use the pan buttons to lower your eyepoint you will see the same effect appear on even some medium sized aircraft (see attached sample)

It's best if you don't zoom back so much ,that way its below your vision line .

Cheers

Dave R

post-24947-0-92957800-1309891654.jpg

Thank you everyone. As long as I know that it is not something that I set wrong, I can live with it. I flew it around quite a while yesterday and, like you say, if I move my eyepoint a little forward on the ground, it is not distracting.

Bob