A Fatal Error Occured In Game

Movieman162

Having suffered the Airbus X's problems for a long time i was very aware of the fatal error occured happening upon shutdown. However now everytime i try to take off i get it in game causing a CTD. I have only experienced this problem on my new machine to which the only reason i can credit the problems is windows 7. Could anyone help me here?

Hello Movieman,

Did you try the various suggestions on the forum, one being loading the default Cessna then loading the Airbus and then save the Flight and then when starting FSX load the saved flight with the Airbus.

Yes tried that but no luck, even tried with the default trike to no avail. What gets me is that i never had this problem on XP. I may try re-installing again later.

EDIT: Just done a fresh install and problem still persists, the error occurs after i rotate from takeoff, tried different airports, views etc... no difference.

Thanks

Hello Tin,

What happens if you say fly the default Airbus to around 10,000 feet and then change to the Airbus X and carry on flying it does it not crash then.

Just trying to ascertain if its something to do with the take off.

Right just tried what you suggested, all was well reaching 10,000ft with the default airbus. As soon as i loaded the aerosoft Airbus i got the same "A Fatal Error Has Occurred".

Hello Movieman,

Save your fsx.cfg to a safe place and then delete the original, when FSX is next started it will write a new one, you will have to re-assign your throttle axis no doubt but you will have a clean un-tweaked fsx.cfg.

Please try that and see what happens. This will then see if there is some erroneous/incompatible entry there that may be causing the crash.

Well just tried that and it worked, i remember i had bojotes mod tool applied to redid that and still fine. May have been a dodgy cfg.

EDIT: Just got the error again. I need a fix for this because preformance is far superior with the tweak on.

Thanks for your help.