Larnaca X for FS9 download (Trojan Problem)

danny124

Hi guys, firstly like to say its great that this scenery has been made avalaible for the FS2004,

I just have one problem, i purchased it yesterday evening, and clicked on link to download it, but when its downloaded my security software is telling me that there is a Trojan Virus in the file, and my security software has quarintined the file.

Could you let me know if your having issues with the larnaca X Fs2004 Zip file, or is there another way round this...

Many thanks guys

Kind regards

Danny

Hello to all,

I have the same problem as danny124. Other downloads from Simmarket are fine but not this one.

My anti-virus is MacAfee.

Any clues?

Thanks

Hello Folks,

Virus Killers are not perfect and will pick certain files up because of the structure or the job they do, these are called False Positives so you have to use your better judgement than believe everything these applications tell you.

If you downloaded a file from a reputable site then you can assume that it should be safe, however if you downloaded some file willy nilly off the internet you should be aware especially these file sharing sites that share copyright products illegally as hackers etc love to add bits to these files because they know that certain groups of people will always be downloading and installing these files.

You will either have to turn your virus killer off for the installation or allow it to ignore the file.

Hello Folks,

Virus Killer are not perfect and will pick certain files up because of the structure or the job they do, these are called False Positives so you have to use your better judgement than believe everything these applications tell you.

If you downloaded a file from a reputable site then you can assume that it should be safe, however if you downloaded some file willy nilly off the internet you should be aware especially these file sharing sites that share copyright products illegally as hackers etc love to add bits to these files because they know that certain groups of people will always be downloading and installing these files.

You will either have to turn your virus killer off for the installation or allow it to ignore the file.

Thanks Shaun,

I turned off the virus killer and the download and install went fine. Strange though that the anti virus got into its head that the file contained a threat. All the other files I have downloaded from Simmarket have always passed the test so to speak, and that's a wagonload of files since September 2002!

Best regards,

Kevin

• Aerosoft

Hello to all,

I have the same problem as danny124. Other downloads from Simmarket are fine but not this one.

My anti-virus is MacAfee.

Any clues?

Thanks

We have had many problems with McAfee. We have even send them invoices when they called all our products viruses a few years ago.

Personally I just love Microsoft Security Essentials. It has never done anything like what you see, it is install and forget, very very low low use of resources and you can't beat the price.

We have had many problems with McAfee. We have even send them invoices when they called all our products viruses a few years ago.

Personally I just love Microsoft Security Essentials. It has never done anything like what you see, it is install and forget, very very low low use of resources and you can't beat the price.

Agreed MS Security Essentals is very good indeed. McAfee I wouldnt touch with someone else's barge pole :lol: