enzv3.jpg

enzv4.jpg

enzv5.jpg

enzv6.jpg

enzv7.jpg

enzv8.jpg

enzv9.jpg

enzv10.jpg

Wow!!!! Can I ask how you get your runway lights to look like this!! Sooo crisp!!! Please, my lights look awful!!

Those are actually the default lights, though I use the ENBSeries which reduces the size of the lights smile.gif

• Upvote 1

3rd party Products

I have deleted some recent posts on here that I have just seen, I do believe you know the reason why.
If I see the subject mentioned again I will have to get rather strict and put the person/people involved under moderation.

Shaun, was that about the mentioning about freeware scenery? Is that not allowed anymore?

On the subject of the preview pictures, I like the progress shown. I've visited Sola only once so I might not know the airport in and out (although Dag gave me a good tour around the field) but it looks quite like I remember it. One question on the ground textures: in the latest screenshots the groundtextures / taxiways seem a bit low-res / grainy compared to the textures shown in the first post of this topic. Are these textures provisional or are these final?

• Upvote 1

I don't think there is too much of an issue mentioning a developer or scenery in passing (politely) I.e another developer used such a feature, will Aerosoft do similar? Or, will the scenery be compatible with the scenery by developer X?

The above are questions related to Aerosofts business.

But advertising the release of another developers product or even a link to freeware is an issue as it directs customers away from future potential Aerosoft developments.

Chris

• Upvote 1

• Developer
One question on the ground textures: in the latest screenshots the groundtextures / taxiways seem a bit low-res / grainy compared to the textures shown in the first post of this topic. Are these textures provisional or are these final?

It's correct the ground textures have been completely re-done, the detail of the taxiways/apron are now controlled by the detail map, the one shown in the screens above is the default FSX detail map. What I'm going to do is include a couple of different detail maps you can choose from. I'll post a screenshot with the custom detail map later today.

detail.jpg

But advertising the release of another developers product or even a link to freeware is an issue as it directs customers away from future potential Aerosoft developments.

Chris

Oh Come on

Aerosoft is certainly not to be afraid of freeware initiatives. Even so, Aerosoft shall nourish itself of freeware initiatives

But this debate is far from beeing important at this very moment.

My heart goes to Norway.

Dom Mason

(and i hate to send posts on sundays)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Shaun, was that about the mentioning about freeware scenery? Is that not allowed anymore?

Well, we'll look at each of these things when it happens and sometimes it's not a major issue but sometimes it starts to take away attention from the main topic. And this is not a general discussion forum, but a forum to promote and support our commercial products.

This looks like lovely scenery and I'd add my thumbs up to a scenery package that covered Tromso by the same developer, not just the airport but the island too. I spent a very happy, but expensive month there a few years back.

Is it just me, or do the Tow/ Push bars look way to big?

Those are not normal bars, those are Norwegian bars. They can tow anything from a C152, to a AN225 :P

Tow bars are about 3 times the size they should be and the apron texturing, especially the concrete, looks unrealistic. There is no friction pattern in the concrete used at Sola.

Shelter B is missing (located as no 2 from the North, partly obscured from trees on top and at the sides). You have Shelters A C D along taxiway C2 and I hope you have Shelters E through H on 3 of the corners of Apron 3 and at the end of F2 (H).

Shelter B can be seen on sat images like Google imagery.

Some up to date screens.

Those are actually the default lights, though I use the ENBSeries which reduces the size of the lights smile.gif

Hey Jo - could you post your ENB settings - the .ini file? Looks pretty good - and I especially like how it reduzes the light size...?

Regards

Mas

• Developer

I'm going to include different types of detail1 textures. So if you don't want the friction pattern on the ground you can choose another one :)

Stavanger_14.jpg

Stavanger_15.jpg

All the shelters are included and animated:

Stavanger_16.jpg

Stavanger_18.jpg

In ENBseries I use the config file Nick shared here

• Upvote 1