Stavanger X Preview

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's not a serious question? Not expecting that everybody knows where Stavanger is, but not being able to find it by oneself :rolleyes:

Stavanger is the capital of Copenhagen. Everybody should know that.

Strange I thought only countries had capitals? Copenhagen being the capital city of Denmark. Stavanger is a city and municipality in the county of Rogaland, Norway.

norge2009020.jpg

I also had nice weather ;)

But the fence is obviously in the wrong position.. or they moved it within the last two years. There were also more lightmasts. (I stood on the sidewalk next to the "crossing" street)

• Developer

Yes, as Dag has pointed out the approach light system does not match completely. The reason for this is that the approach lights on the screenshots are hardcoded in FSX, therefor not as customizable as custom approach lights, but much more frame rate friendly. What I'm going to do is include an option in the scenery where you can choose between the approach lights in the screens above (more fps friendly) or completely accurate custom approach lights (more fps intensive).

• Upvote 1

Strange I thought only countries had capitals? Copenhagen being the capital city of Denmark. Stavanger is a city and municipality in the county of Rogaland, Norway.

You spent to long away from the pub not to see the joke there :cheers_s:

Picture no. 10 from the start of this thread: I hope to see less angled taxiway centerlines in curves, if possible. I even prefer MS aprons with rounded lines, instead of such angled lines seen here. Lines are also a tad too angled at Gardermoen X.

I really hope they will do something about the autogen exclusion. It looks huge. A few bushes and trees around the airport would be fine. But please no completely empty areas.

Picture no. 10 from the start of this thread: I hope to see less angled taxiway centerlines in curves, if possible. I even prefer MS aprons with rounded lines, instead of such angled lines seen here. Lines are also a tad too angled at Gardermoen X.

So you want the default ground twxtures in stead of higly detailed textures with polygens?

The cuves lookes fine to me. And this looks great!

All thou it looks amazing I would think twice about purchase this airport.

If you take a closer look on the designers previous releases, the frame rate is devastating. In regards to OSLOX which by the way is almost useless

due to performance, I truly truly hope this will be amended and corrected in this upcoming scenery..

I dearly hope Aerosoft will test this for performance before release, so they do not yet again relese this next in line series of hard FPS hitting airports.

It truly shames the Aerosoft brand name, just my opinion.

Regards

All thou it looks amazing I would think twice about purchase this airport.

If you take a closer look on the designers previous releases, the frame rate is devastating. In regards to OSLOX which by the way is almost useless

due to performance, I truly truly hope this will be amended and corrected in this upcoming scenery..

I dearly hope Aerosoft will test this for performance before release, so they do not yet again relese this next in line series of hard FPS hitting airports.

It truly shames the Aerosoft brand name, just my opinion.

Regards

I have no problems with fps around Oslo X, specially if you read the manual and configure FSX as stated there.