Stavanger X Preview

We got no images at this moment (few weeks for that), but here is an announcement that later this year we'll release a Stavanger X scenery.
Wow Mathijs that is good News!!! Thank you!

I really hope that Jo Erlend does a good job with the scenery this time, as he did not with the Oslo X scenery.

From the pictures I've seen, Stavanger X looks good so far, however I hope he does something with the FPS.

Pictures? Where can I find them? Could you please give me a link?

Thank you

If the developer is Jo Erlend Sund then no an FS9 version will not be coming.

It is Jo Erlend indeed.

A lot of what he does simply does not work in FS2004. It's hard these days to get developers to do FS2004 projects!

Well, Jo Erlend could start with fixing the Gardermoen Scenery. There is clearly something wrong with the scenery as people with High end Computers prefer another freeware scenery simply because Jo Erlends scenery eats up to much frame rates.

• Developer

Hello Per-Kristian, could you either send me an pm or start a new topic where you include your system specs and the problems your having with the oslo scenery, and I'll be happy to help you out. (No need to sidetrack this topic any further :) )

• Upvote 1

I have Oslo from Jo and Trondheim ... I enjoy play with an I5 without problem and very good frame ...

Jo, I'am happy you are come back with Stavanger airport ... If one time you think make Tromso in the same quality from Trondheim ...that's great :rolleyes:

Looks fantastic.

This is Sola Sjø/Sola Sea where we keep our rescue boat. The Green museum hangar used to house PBYs and HU-16B Albatrosses. The mil guard "cabin" along with the fence and gate is now demolished.

I have turned down a request to help on this scenery. I have worked at the airport authorities/Fire and Rescue for the past 25 years and if I was to involve myself in this project, it would never get finished. I know myself that much. Besides, the area I want as detailed as possible is the air base and that is largely off limits to FS developers I'm told.

Things to look out for at Sola is a part replacement of TWY J by TWYs P and Q. J is used as a de-icer stand and they want to expand to two de-icer stands. P and Q will lie north and south of the present TWY J1. They have started digging. TWY J2 will remain as is. It will probably be published in the AIP at the end of summer.

• Developer
The mil guard "cabin" along with the fence and gate is now demolished.

Thanks for the heads-up Dag! Can't be long since that happened? Within the last month or so?

That will make one person very happy :-) Or was this Dag's initiative?

There's a stunning freeware scenery coming too Vin, Sola seems to be dealt with pretty well these days ;-)

This looks lovely.

Im trying to take some pitchures to Jo Erlend, and this is the result from the first pack. Its not much and thats my fault.

The mil guard "cabin" along with the fence and gate is now demolished.

Nop, but the fence is gone.

Hope to get some more material soon. Jo Erlend is doing a great job here!!! :)

• Upvote 1

There's a stunning freeware scenery coming too Vin, Sola seems to be dealt with pretty well these days ;-)

Thanks for the head up Dag, will be looking for that one when it comes out as well. Will it be at flightsim.no?