Questions about FSFlyingSchool?

Hi Ole.Ive just done another couple of legs and each one is sayin landed off runway surface, so i have check the file versions of makerunways and they are as follows :

In FSFS MakeRwys file version is 4.4.1.0

In FSX MakeRwys file version is 4.4.1.0

In FSFS the file FSFSRwys file version is 2.00 and not 2.2.

So im not too sure with file to download or wether to install them both??

Help please :)

Thanks

Hi Ole.Ive just done another couple of legs and each one is sayin landed off runway surface, so i have check the file versions of makerunways and they are as follows :

In FSFS MakeRwys file version is 4.4.1.0

In FSX MakeRwys file version is 4.4.1.0

In FSFS the file FSFSRwys file version is 2.00 and not 2.2.

So im not too sure with file to download or wether to install them both??

Help please :)

Thanks

Hi Maddz.

Sorry for being absent last night. I had a particular nasty case of pollen allergy, and took a double dose of a new medication. But any antihestamin product is making you feel drowzy...This new stuff, and the double dose of it, I reckon, knocked me right out. (which was a great relief by the way...)

Now I am at work, but when I get home, I´ll find the right stuff for you, and how and where to put it.

Have you made sure your keyboard layout is set to English (US)?

Ole

Thanks for the reply.Sorry to hear you have the dreaded hay fever, hope its not causing you to much discomfort.

I checked my keyboeard setting, and it was English UK..so i have now changed it too English U.S.

Hi Maddz.

Sorry for being absent last night. I had a particular nasty case of pollen allergy, and took a double dose of a new medication. But any antihestamin product is making you feel drowzy...This new stuff, and the double dose of it, I reckon, knocked me right out. (which was a great relief by the way...)

Now I am at work, but when I get home, I´ll find the right stuff for you, and how and where to put it.

Have you made sure your keyboard layout is set to English (US)?

Can I get some of that? It sounds good stuff :lol:

Ok, I'm done...

I tried everything I can think of to get that (irritating beep here to cover my language) thing to work, but it keeps giving me those off runway errors.

I have rebuilded the runway database at least a dozen times, with different files (those sent by Ole), different settings and different admin privileges,

but it just won't work.

It's an amazing program, FSFS, but if it won't work, what's the F*(yet another beep) point?

And if it works with the majority of other people, then why is it always me that draws the short straw?

I love the RTWC, I love Andras Field, but I don't love FSFS.... this is causing me more stress than fun... (although I have to admit, that's not hard these days)

Ole

Thanks for the reply.Sorry to hear you have the dreaded hay fever, hope its not causing you to much discomfort.

I checked my keyboeard setting, and it was English UK..so i have now changed it too English U.S.

Another failed entry for me last night.... Sat at work and forgot my Daughter turned 14..... People over till laaaate.

But here is my final suggestion. Please do the following. If this dosent work for you, then you are one of the few, for whom, the problem is still consistant. The FSFS guys are working hard on a final solution, but for MOST, this should work fine. There CAN be a few "landed off runways" anyway - but they are few - not everytime at all.

Its important that FSX and FSFS are on the same drive - it causes some problems sometimes if they are not - but not the "off runways" problems I should think though...

Also be sure that you run the programs with administrator rights.

Now:

Two files are uploaded here. Its pretty easy to see what to do with them, as I have called them - "unzip and put in FSX" (thats the main dir) and "unzip and put in FSFS" (also main dir) Just overwrite everything...

Please do so, and once again run the "generate runways for FSX" in the settings tab. Let it run the process through, and restart FSFS. Then you should be set to go. I cross my fingers for you and for Lars.

unzip and put in FSX.zip

unzip and put in FSFS.zip

no change here Ole...

Still the same problem.

Don't bother with FSFS 10 though, I'll keep using this version.

Only things is I won't be able to win any prizes in the landing department.

I'll add 50 points to all landings which had the problem (still don't understand why I didn't have it for the first few legs though, nothing changed...)

but with 50 points added, it are still low scores

Anyway, with a little luck, the devs find the problem and update before we start phase 2... not keeping my hopes up though, if there is only a small minority having the problem, it will be hard to find and hard to fix.

no change here Ole...

Still the same problem.

Don't bother with FSFS 10 though, I'll keep using this version.

Only things is I won't be able to win any prizes in the landing department.

I'll add 50 points to all landings which had the problem (still don't understand why I didn't have it for the first few legs though, nothing changed...)

but with 50 points added, it are still low scores

Anyway, with a little luck, the devs find the problem and update before we start phase 2... not keeping my hopes up though, if there is only a small minority having the problem, it will be hard to find and hard to fix.

When you land visually, you are certain that your Nav1 OBS indicator is set to the runway heading - right?. Not that I have any hopes about that, just don´t understand why it worked for you in the beginning, and I seem to remember that you landed ILS then.... Just grasping at straws now....

When you land visually, you are certain that your Nav1 OBS indicator is set to the runway heading - right?. Not that I have any hopes about that, just don´t understand why it worked for you in the beginning, and I seem to remember that you landed ILS then.... Just grasping at straws now....

To be honest, I don't know... does the DC-3 have such a thing??

If that is the problem, I'm really going to kick myself in the face...

I'll see what comes up, 3 737 and 1 duke flight remaining, and phase one is done for me.

I was thinking about this theory of yours Ole,

but I've also had this problem on ILS landings... In particular, the first landing on Iceland.

I'm now flying away from (gorgeous) Iceland, up to Greenland in a 737. I'll make sure I set every heading and course indicator to the runway heading, and see what that does.

Results in about 2 hours I think.

By the way, do you know how close it was to get that 737 out of BIRF?? not to mention that it's not in its nav database lol...

EDIT: forget about that result for the next days... FSX crashed on me 20nm from TOD, and no time to do that 2 hour flight again today or tomorrow

For the record...Every flight of mine was OK...From leaving Andras Field, from landing in Vagar airport, and all the legs in between, not a problem.

The fisrt landing in Iceland and every one after that has been '' off runway surface'' ( i do not have Iceland X )

So therfore i believe, possibly, that FSFS has an issue with airports that are that far north?...i dont know, just a thiery.

So hopfefully when Lars reports back about his landing in Greenland, it should be OK as the airport in Greenland is on about the same parallel as Faroe.

Just took a look at Lars flight score, and his are the same...every thing OK untill Iceland.

Hi guys, just landed @ Vagar, and indeed the "not lined up problem" appeared!

Besides, it kept bugging me because the approach is an offset ILS.

annoying, indeed!

And flying an airbus without AP from below 6000ft. is unfair. They're not supposed to be flow that way!

Landing Score:34.20

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Gentle touchdown. [-23 FPM]
  • Good landing speed - not too fast. [132 KIAS]
  • Wings were level.
  • Good pitch control after touchdown.
  • Good pitch at landing.
  • With flaps - good job.
  • With spoilers armed.
  • Heading aligned with runway.
  • Throttle(s) idle.
  • Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
  • Good steering after landing.
    Landing included the following problems:

• No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
    • No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
    • Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface.
    • No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.
    • Nowhere near the centre line - get lined up and keep it that way.

Definite room for improvement...

post-29637-0-49127800-1303407247_thumb.jpost-29637-0-32292200-1303407256_thumb.jpost-29637-0-22635900-1303407260_thumb.j

For the record...Every flight of mine was OK...From leaving Andras Field, from landing in Vagar airport, and all the legs in between, not a problem.

The fisrt landing in Iceland and every one after that has been '' off runway surface'' ( i do not have Iceland X )

So therfore i believe, possibly, that FSFS has an issue with airports that are that far north?...i dont know, just a thiery.

So hopfefully when Lars reports back about his landing in Greenland, it should be OK as the airport in Greenland is on about the same parallel as Faroe.

Just took a look at Lars flight score, and his are the same...every thing OK untill Iceland.

Actually maddz, this is a very good observation. I would not be so hasty to blow your theory out the window - there could be other reasons for gmoreaia´s verdict in Vagar... I will take your theory to the FSFS developers for a look.

Ok, leaving Iceland didn't solve that ******* problem.

Also, in the Ariane 737 I turned EVERY heading and course selector to the runway heading (heading selector, pilot course selector and copilot course selector) and that also didn't do the trick obviously.

And it also deducted points for not aligning well, while I was perfectly aligned 15nm out, and didn't leave the centerline after that (thanks to the 737's great nav system)

And now I have something else to report:

I got a 33% decrease in points for autopilot, but I WAS above 5000ft AND in cruise mode.

This 5000ft limit, is that AGL or MSL???

Because I was crossing a mountain while in descend (altitude MSL about 7500ft, AGL 2500ft at the peak of the mountain) when I received the penalty.

I'm really, really not liking FSFS at the moment guys... It has awesome possibilities, but at the moment it's like a 500hp sport car which can't get past second gear...

It has the potential, but it just can't deliver...

At least, that's what it feels like to me...