Questions about FSFlyingSchool?

Hi,

sorry for bothering you, but I just ran into a little problem. Mr. Smith seems to be a bit disoriented and thinks my PC-12 has spoilers (which it doesn't). He tells me to retract the spoilers all the time. I'm not sure what is the best approach here. Should I just pretend to have spoilers and press the buttons to retract them and arm them before landing? Or should I try to edit the aircraft.cfg (not sure what to change).

Below 2 shots of the aircraft.cfg and FSFS.

Thanks for the help!

Manuel,

Use user specified date for that aircraft:

connect FSFS, disconnect, click 'used specified data', uncheck spoilers, save data, reconnect...

should be good to go now

had the same with my C130

Manuel,

Use user specified date for that aircraft:

connect FSFS, disconnect, click 'used specified data', uncheck spoilers, save data, reconnect...

should be good to go now

had the same with my C130

Thanks!

Just seen that there is also an .fsr file for the PC-12. Will try, if I can load it somehow.

I'm getting fed up with this. FSFS has disconnected me in flight twice now. I didn't see what the reason was the first time, but the one it just did said "Time of Day or Date changed" I did no such thing - I was looking at hte GPS display and tuning NAV 1 to my next VOR and suddenly I got the disconenct message. I've started and restarted this flight twice and I'm getting cheesed off.

Ian, do you have anything running that forces FSX to synchronize with your system clock?

Can't remember what program it was that did that, but there are some there,

because the FSX clock is less accurate than your systems (Windows) clock.

If such a program is running, and updates the time, even if it's just a couple of seconds, FSFS will see this as a change in time I think...

and I have the landing off runway surface issue again...

rebuilding the runway database as we speak, hope that helps.

after those very nice scores I got in the C-130, the 30-ish landing score yesterday, and the 20-ish today really get me worked up... certainly considering I did land on the runway...

and I have the landing off runway surface issue again...

rebuilding the runway database as we speak, hope that helps.

after those very nice scores I got in the C-130, the 30-ish landing score yesterday, and the 20-ish today really get me worked up... certainly considering I did land on the runway...

did you see the files I uploaded? The ones I sent you, PLUS one if the version of makerwys.exe was the wrong one. Please make sure you use the correct files, and re-do the make runways process.

The last runway? What was the heading?

Ian, do you have anything running that forces FSX to synchronize with your system clock?

Can't remember what program it was that did that, but there are some there,

because the FSX clock is less accurate than your systems (Windows) clock.

If such a program is running, and updates the time, even if it's just a couple of seconds, FSFS will see this as a change in time I think...

The only thing that might do that that I know of is FSFDT, part of FSInn, but I stopped that when I first loaded FSX. I don't think FSUIPC does it.

I finally completed the flight, on the third attempt, but I didn't get a flight score, only a landing score. I forgot to switch off the AP before ging into Landing mode so lost out on that.... why no flight score?

Wierder and wierder, I look in the log book now and that last flight is not recorded at all! I get the feeling I should have stayed in bed this morning and missed today altogether...:(

The only thing that might do that that I know of is FSFDT, part of FSInn, but I stopped that when I first loaded FSX. I don't think FSUIPC does it.

I finally completed the flight, on the third attempt, but I didn't get a flight score, only a landing score. I forgot to switch off the AP before ging into Landing mode so lost out on that.... why no flight score?

No flightscore is if ypu connect, after take-off. No take-off = no flightscore....huh.gif

Wierder and wierder, I look in the log book now and that last flight is not recorded at all! I get the feeling I should have stayed in bed this morning and missed today altogether...:(

Do you have the flight in any of the two logs in FSFS?

Was you on the ground when you connected FSFS? I think FSFS doesnt give you a score, if you connect in the air, or change aircraft whilst flying.

Connected on the ground, before I'd even started the engines.

Connected on the ground, before I'd even started the engines.

- and Smith actually talked to you during the flight? and you got a landing score? How was that delivered - when there is nothing in the log? I have never seen this before - so I´m curious!

- and Smith actually talked to you during the flight? and you got a landing score? How was that delivered - when there is nothing in the log? I have never seen this before - so I´m curious!

Yes, Miss Aviatrix was talking to me all the way, and verbally delivered the landing score after touch down.. The score came up on the FSFS screen so I was able to copy it to paste in. I then set about updating the aircraft details as FSFS didn't recognise it. When I went back to the log page, nothing there.

Yes, Miss Aviatrix was talking to me all the way, and verbally delivered the landing score after touch down.. The score came up on the FSFS screen so I was able to copy it to paste in. I then set about updating the aircraft details as FSFS didn't recognise it. When I went back to the log page, nothing there.

Strange..... But thanks for the detailed description. Always useful. Ill make some tests trying to replicate your problem. And Hey.... great that you fly with Henrietta. She became my personal hero during my first WWT (World Wide Tour) couple of years ago. Always keen on delivering a bashing if you don´t deliver - but oh so sweet, once you get to know her..... wub.gif

Something has just occurred to me. After I'd landed, taxiied in, put the brakes on and shut down, I accidentally hit the quadrant button I'd set up to advance the FSFS flight mode, and it went into Taxiing mode. Could that have wiped my flight score, even though I'd finished the flight and shut down?

Something has just occurred to me. After I'd landed, taxiied in, put the brakes on and shut down, I accidentally hit the quadrant button I'd set up to advance the FSFS flight mode, and it went into Taxiing mode. Could that have wiped my flight score, even though I'd finished the flight and shut down?

I wouldn´t think so - BUT thanks anyway for another piece of information. Ill add that to my list of things to test....wink.gif

though i have studyied the manual, i didn't find it, so here just a small question:

autopilot is allowed only during cruise-mode and above 1000ft AGL for light and 5000ft AGL for heavy aircraft.

BUT what is a light and what is a heavy aircraft? is a PC-12 still a light aircraft? or even the CRJ 700?

i didn't find any weights :wacko:

though i have studyied the manual, i didn't find it, so here just a small question:

autopilot is allowed only during cruise-mode and above 1000ft AGL for light and 5000ft AGL for heavy aircraft.

BUT what is a light and what is a heavy aircraft? is a PC-12 still a light aircraft? or even the CRJ 700?

i didn't find any weights :wacko:

Change from light to heavy aircraft is 25.000 lbs, zero fuel weight. smile.gif

Hi Ole,

I've had a problem similar to Ian's but just got around it. The difference was that in my FSFS the flight was recorded on the normal logbook and not on the html one.

What happened was that I accidentally edited the html from IE trying to copy it and MSWord "recoded" the file from its simple HTML to a more advanced coding.

I've managed to reinstate the original file, and the last flight was recorded as it should.

Which brings me to the question: which log will you use for verification purposes the .plt or the .htm?

Hi Ole,

I've had a problem similar to Ian's but just got around it. The difference was that in my FSFS the flight was recorded on the normal logbook and not on the html one.

What happened was that I accidentally edited the html from IE trying to copy it and MSWord "recoded" the file from its simple HTML to a more advanced coding.

I've managed to reinstate the original file, and the last flight was recorded as it should.

Which brings me to the question: which log will you use for verification purposes the .plt or the .htm?

The htm file. The plt file shows not the score - only the time flown, and I need to see the flight- and landing scores. So a copy of the entire file is required...smile.gif

I found a switch in the Misc section of FSUIPC set, that keeps the FS clock synch'd. That could have been causing at least some of my disconnects. It's off now. No disconnects on tonight's leg, so looking promising... My PC runs FSX tolerably well, not brilliantly. I can well imagine that something may have caused it to run slow, and FSUIPC to adjust the clock.