The ambient sound - SOLUTION

Hejsan Ole,

no.... no sounds. There are normally no mistakes to make. But perhaps that here is the wrong place for the sent .bgl file: F:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Aerosoft\Andras Field\Scenery? There it is now . I´ve also checked the sound.wavfiles. They are all there in the sound folder (there is also a folder,called sounds and I copied it also in this one). I don´t know where I should hear the dog, but I can visit the hangar, the couple and the dancing people and I can´t hear the hangar sounds, the people discussing or the music, even when I stay in front of the corresponding scenery. :-(

regards.

stephan

Hi Ole, Hi Matt,

any ideas? How is it to you, Matt? I remember, that you had also no sound... Did the new file solve your problem? Is it just me, who has still no sound??

Regards, Stephan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Its a long time ago - something new with the sounds....? It seems, as I would be the only one without the sound?? I have put the soundfiles in every possible place, but there is nothing to hear?

What about all the others?

????

Cheers, Stephan

Hello again,

Its a long time ago - something new with the sounds....? It seems, as I would be the only one without the sound?? I have put the soundfiles in every possible place, but there is nothing to hear?

What about all the others?

????

Cheers, Stephan

Stephan, I also have problems with the ambient sounds.

System Specs:

Operating System: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz 35 °C Lynnfield 45nm Technology

RAM: 6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 660MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard : Dell Inc. 033FF6 (CPU 1)

Graphics: DELL ST2210 @ 1920x1080 ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series

Hard Drives: 977GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FAES-75W7A0 ATA Device (Unknown) 33 °C

Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N ATA Device

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Stephan, I also have problems with the ambient sounds.

Hi Kasper,

thank you, I thought, there are no others - just Matt and me... ;-) (but Matt didn´t answer again - he wanted to test something but had some trouble with his computer, I remember)

Because here was no reaction to that question for a long time, I wrote to Mathijs - he is very active in other threads - he asked me now via pm, which runtimes I have installed. He tested a fresh AF 1.16 installation on his configuration and it works... I have Framework 4.0.30319 on my Win7,64.... I´m just wondering, because all other sceneries with ambient sounds are working well - just AF 1.16 not...

Lets see, what Shaun get for answer and what Mathijs is trying to find out...

Did you solve your problem?

cheers, stephan

Hi Stephan,

I did not solve the problem.

I did the same things you did and discovered that I have no ambient sound. For me the sounds are not that important but I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one without working ambient sound.

I hope it will be solved soon.

Blue skies,

Hi Kasper,

thank you, I thought, there are no others - just Matt and me... ;-) (but Matt didn´t answer again - he wanted to test something but had some trouble with his computer, I remember)

Because here was no reaction to that question for a long time, I wrote to Mathijs - he is very active in other threads - he asked me now via pm, which runtimes I have installed. He tested a fresh AF 1.16 installation on his configuration and it works... I have Framework 4.0.30319 on my Win7,64.... I´m just wondering, because all other sceneries with ambient sounds are working well - just AF 1.16 not...

Lets see, what Shaun get for answer and what Mathijs is trying to find out...

Did you solve your problem?

cheers, stephan

The patch also definately doesnt work for me. Finally got round to testing it yesterday. I also have the most recent .net frameworks installed. Although in all honesty I dont really miss the ambient sounds.

Thanks for your answers, Matt and Kasper. So I know, that I don't have to test further on! I will wait and see what happens....

Have a nice sunday!

Stephan