Member Map

• Aerosoft

As you might have seen in the menu bar near the top of this page we have added a Members Map. Not only because we think it is just cool to see where the people we talk to are located but also because it gives us an insight in where customers are located. So adding your pin to the map will increase the chance of a scenery product close to your location! It is of course also a great way to find friends that might be close and meeting a fellow simmer over a beer has always been a pleasant way for to waste an evening when I am traveling. Members will show up as red pins, people who are friends are shown as blue pins.

We think you should not add your exact address for privacy reasons, but entering your town or even region will make the map very soon a great way to visualize the customer base we got.

membermap.jpg

• Upvote 3

My pin's also in.

BTW, this is a great idea. With that i can see who lives in my region and so i might get in contact with those persons.

People who are interested in flightsimming are rather rare in this world so this is very good for getting connections with people who have the same hobby. Just my 2 cents.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great idea, just pinned myself ;)

One suggestion: As the "Aerosoft community" not only covers flightsimmers, it would be nice, if you could choose a pin, showing what kind of simmer you are.

@ Matt: Yours is the only one looking different, how did you manage that?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto, because Im special? :lol: Or is it a little green F? If its the latter then thats because we're friends dry.gif

OK, got it :rolleyes:

:cheers_s:

Added my pin. It's very interesting to see where we all live. So far, we have members on every continent (including Antarctica :blink:) except Africa.

• Aerosoft

Added my pin. It's very interesting to see where we all live. So far, we have members on every continent (including Antarctica :blink:) except Africa.

A friend in South Africa just popped up. And I am working on Antarctica, we got a guy there who helps us with the Antarctica project. He's in one of the stations there but I am not sure they are occupied this time of year.

Quote : Blue indicates a friend. And you are obviously your own friend. But sad actually, lol.

Mathijs, will you be my friend then ? :lol: It's a bit lonely where I'm sitting at the moment lol.

Can someone explain to me how this works ? I go to the map, zoom in to where I want my location to be, then click on Add Your Location button. What do I type in the ' Your Location' field...my name or what ?

I tried doing that, and it said my location had been added...but there was nothing there in the map.

Paul enter your postcode or town name. Though when I put just Cambridge in it put me as the Cambridge the other side of the pond :mad:

Ah, excellent, thanks for that Matt. I've placed myself in my favourite Cambridge pub, and if you love WW2 aviation, then its the only one to drink in. :)

Ah the Eagle I always get a stiff neck in there :lol:

Edit found this on a Candian website, couldnt have put it any better really

TheEagleTitleE.jpg

The only downside to the Eagle is that its an IPA pub lol.

• Aerosoft

Can someone explain to me how this works ? I go to the map, zoom in to where I want my location to be, then click on Add Your Location button. What do I type in the ' Your Location' field...my name or what ?

I tried doing that, and it said my location had been added...but there was nothing there in the map.

If it is added you will see thew add button replaced by a delete button.