Corfu X Preview (product released, topic closed)

what do you mean? the textures in the neighbourhood of the airport?

No, I mean the textures directly next to the runway.

Here you can see what I mean:

lgkrtexture.jpg

How long until Corfu Preview ;) ?

This is Corfu Preview, you know....

No, I mean the textures directly next to the runway.

Here you can see what I mean:

lgkrtexture.jpg

This is Corfu Preview, you know....

I do see what you mean. I can tell you however that in-game, the resolution contrast is not eye-catching

The resolution of the photoreal imagery available for that region however is not too good and a custom texture there would not look that nice either.

But your point is a good one, so will try to work on it a bit more.

• Upvote 1

I do see what you mean. I can tell you however that in-game, the resolution contrast is not eye-catching

The resolution of the photoreal imagery available for that region however is not too good and a custom texture there would not look that nice either.

But your point is a good one, so will try to work on it a bit more.

Thank you for taking care about my point.

BTW, is the runway placed correctly? Because I can see those white stripes next to the runway, which are also on the runway texture.

Yes the runway is geo-referenced to the actual LGKR runway. Your observation however is correct. This issue is photoreal editing which has been fixed. ;)

• Upvote 1

RW17 approach...quite low.. :)

RW17Approach.png

A assume you are using REX, are you? Which theme are you using for the sunset?

One other question: The textures of the street look pretty unclear, could you remake the street and the textures of the street and the surrounding area using the method you used for making the apron and such things where you used HD textures? That would make it look even better than it does now!

A assume you are using REX, are you? Which theme are you using for the sunset?

One other question: The textures of the street look pretty unclear, could you remake the street and the textures of the street and the surrounding area using the method you used for making the apron and such things where you used HD textures? That would make it look even better than it does now!

I do have REX on and the theme is Caribbeanmon. ENB series is also running to improve global lighting.

Regarding the streets, we do have custom textures in the scene, but extending these further out might cause some FPS issues. However, we might include a larger region with the option to turn off in our performance tool.

Come this scenery with AES-lite? and later with AES credits? I have the GAP Corfu , when AS Corfu it releasd i buyd too ;-)

I think your scenery it s amazing

nice!

I hope your next project is Rhodos and Kreta

Thanks

best regrads

Thank you for taking care about my point.

BTW, is the runway placed correctly? Because I can see those white stripes next to the runway, which are also on the runway texture.

Going back to that, the runway side width was narrower by 2 meters, on either side. It was corrected to the actual LGKR RW side width now (5.2m), good eye! :)

Come this scenery with AES-lite? and later with AES credits? I have the GAP Corfu , when AS Corfu it releasd i buyd too ;-)

I think your scenery it s amazing

nice!

I hope your next project is Rhodos and Kreta

Thanks

best regrads

AES is planned, AESLite not as yet.

Going back to that, the runway side width was narrower by 2 meters, on either side. It was corrected to the actual LGKR RW side width now (5.2m), good eye! :)

AES is planned, AESLite not as yet.

Great work there looks promising :)

• Aerosoft

I've been checking out the beta and I am very very impressed by this product. If there is one special aspect it is the overall 'feel' of the scenery. It's 'warm' and alive. I wish we could add smell to scenery because it would really make this one special if we could add a whiff of rosemary and the smell of airport tarmac after another searing hot day. Special one this...

Btw, left the fps-counter visible. That's with ALL sliders to max. During day time the water effects do eat a few fps more but overall this one is very fast

post-43-0-98930200-1314867202_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-97495400-1314867207_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-30217500-1314867213_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-10634100-1314867218_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-87292200-1314867222_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looks really great, but again I've got a little thing to "complain" about:

In the first picture you can see this:

cf001.jpg

Could you please add sand ground there? I understand that the tree texture from the photoreal ground can't be deleated everywhere where trees are in reallaty, but in this case it's directly on the left side of the runway and therefore visible during the final approach. Because of that I think it's a little annoying to see this.

Would it be possible for you to "copy" a little part of a sand texture and just paste it there until you've got this area to sand?

Would be great!

Regards

Emi

If there is one special aspect it is the overall 'feel' of the scenery. It's 'warm' and alive.

I think it will become even more lively since the beta version did not include apron and RW17 approach traffic animations, not to mention AES ;)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

At Aerosoft we are not big fans of 'it's done when it's done' as that is not a nice point of view towards the customers and an impossible point of view towards retail customers. If we would say something like that to BestBuy or a customer like that we would simple get a nice smile and nothing else. PMDG can give that answer as they only have one product at any give time in development, we just can not. That's why we will always give the best estimate of a release we got, even if it means we get it wrong. You know what we know, certainly in download. We are now looking at a Corfu release next week Wednesday.

And the date product goes into beta means very little. Sometimes a beta takes 36 hours, sometimes it takes 3 months. If you complain about the period between RC and release you got a point as that almost always is time we (as in Aerosoft) need. Manuals, installers etc.

• Upvote 2

Are we in the PMDG forum here? ;)

No, thank god that we're at the aerosoft forum, much better and the people are nicer than at the PMDG forum.

At Aerosoft we are not big fans of 'it's done when it's done' as that is not a nice point of view towards the customers and an impossible point of view towards retail customers.

Finally an developer/publisher that doesn't like that.

• Upvote 1