Aircraft Selection

Matt_Smith

Along with the DC-3, you may chose an additional 3 aircraft for your challenge so long as they fall into the following catagories:

A multi engine Jet

A piston engine aircraft, single or multi engine

A Turbo Prop , either multi or single engine

Of course you will be allowed to change one aircraft once during the challenge. This because if a new, exciting aircraft should be released while the challenge is underway, you can then swap one of your selected ones for this new aircraft... Apart from this, no deviation from your selected aircraft is allowed. We will know if it isn't a newly released aircraft.

The aircraft I shall be using are:

Lear Jet

Cessna C340

Beech Turbine Duke

You have until 2200 UTC Friday 8th to make your final choices

I am leaning towards the King Air, the Seneca and the CRJ 700.

May make that the Lear jet rather than CRJ - will try it out on the next leg and see. Think the 767 might be a bit too big...

The Lear Jet it is, having had a bit more of a practice.

I'll probably use the Ariane 737-900ER, the RealAir Duke B60, and the PMDG Jetstream 41... but I'm not sure yet, might change that before the start of the challenge...

EDIT:

Did some thinking and tinkering, and came up with this final list for me:

A multi engine Jet: Ariane 737-900ER

A piston engine aircraft, single or multi engine: RealAir Duke B60

A Turbo Prop , either multi or single engine: Captain Sim C-130E

I changed the (lovely) J41 to the Herc because the Herc is faster, larger, uses less runway and is easier to hop into (no need to program FMC etc)

I came up with this list for a couple of reasons: I'm proficient with these aircraft, they're easy to hand fly, are IFR capable, and have an autopilot for the longer legs.

Here's my first draft list:

CS B-52

UKMIL C-17

Dino's F-14

Paul, your choices must fall within the stated catagories:

A multi engine Jet

Along with the DC3

Paul, your choices must fall within the stated catagories:

A multi engine Jet

Along with the DC3

C-17, 4 engine

B-52, due to FSX limitations is classified as a four engine jet

F-14, 2 engine

You have until 2200 UTC Friday 9th to make your final choices

Hey Matt, just checking, but I suspect you mean end of this week, Friday 8th??

Also, do you have any idea of the shortest runway we'll be landing on?? It doesn't have to be exact, just a rough estimate...

It's that the Beech Duke isn't very good on really short runways, and neither are my other choices, so I'll need to be sure I don't have to pick something with a shorter run...

So many Choices..............................................................................

A multi engine Jet ..............................................................................PMDG MD11

A piston engine aircraft, single or multi engine............................BN2 Islander

A Turbo Prop , either multi or single engine.................................Real Air Duke B60 Turbine

...............................................................................................................maybe

Difficult...veeery difficult <_<

Edit:

A multi engine Jet - Default Lear

A piston engine aircraft, single or multi engine - Beech Duke

A Turbo Prop , either multi or single engine - Pilatus PC-12

Having a dilemma here...

Captain Sim 757 or Ariane 737????

Just did a test flight after completely reinstalling the 757,

and apparently the rocking and rolling issue was solved with this fresh install...

but I don't know whether I can trust it...

I want to fly the 757... but I just don't know whether I can rely on it to keep working!

dilemma, dilemma, dilemma...

And no time tomorrow for another test flight before the time runs out :(

EDIT: Managed to do a second test before class this morning, which proved not entirely successful. so unfortunately, I'll stick with the 737 for now.

5 hours to make your final aircraft selections - They MUST be in this thread by 2200 UTC (2300BST) as I will be locking it then. THose who havent made their choices I shall assume will either be walking or not wanting to participate ;)

Im not walking !! :o but i am participating :D

Its just such a hard decision.But here goes... :wacko:

A multi engine Jet = Boeing 737_800

A piston engine aircraft, single or multi engine = Beech Duke

A Turbo Prop , either multi or single engine = King Air 350

Matt, on the legs that we will be useing multi jet aircraft..are the runways reasonable lenths...really i'd like to use a plane with an FMC

5 hours to make your final aircraft selections - They MUST be in this thread by 2200 UTC (2300BST) as I will be locking it then. THose who havent made their choices I shall assume will either be walking or not wanting to participate ;)

Sure Matt. Just put the thumbscrews on us. Do you have any idea of how hard it is to choose from the about 26.000 aircraft they have in their hangers? wacko.gifblink.gifunsure.gif