MyTraffic 2010 Problem

I've got this wierd problem and I hope you can help me get rid of it:

I have MyTraffic v 1.2 installed in both FS2004 and FSX on my computer running Win7. I was having "undefined problems" at one point (please don't ask what I mean by undefined - it's too long ago to remember). Suddenly, when opeing FSX, I immediatley get an advice window that says:

"SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path Area.125. Click OK to continue."

If I click OK, the process does continue, but the start-up time for FSX becomes enormous - well over 3 minutes.

When it does start, everything seems OK. MyTraffic operates as expected and my add-in aircraft and sceneries all seem OK.

scenery.cfg does not contain an entry for Area.125, although Area.125 does show up in the listing of sceneries in the opening FSX screens - the layers list.

Has anyone out there encountered this and if so, how do you solve the problems of the unwanted screen and the long start-up time?

If you are about to suggest uninstalling and re-installing MyTraffic, please be gentle and give me specific instructions.

(This problem occurs only when starting FSX - not FS2004. In FS2004, MyTraffic works perfectly)

Dennis in Toronto

Further information ...

I used the uninstaller on the CD to remove MyTraffic 2010. The same "rogue screen" with the message given in my above post was presented. Then I tried to reinstall it, but now I cannot find my installation key! Totally frustrated now ... please help. I purchased it and it was sent to me some months ago from Aerosoft US. Somehow I do not have the CD box, so I now need to get an install key.

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

The scenery.cfg problem you see is a common problem in FS and you need to find the area in question in the scenery library and either correct the path if the scenery is installed or delete it if it no longer exisits.

As for your serial key issue your going to need to contact support@aerosoft.com with proof of purchase.

Good Morning Shaun,

Many thanks for your replies.

First, just forget about serial keys. I goofed and I'll pay for it (I already have!)

Second, I still have the message at FSX startup: "SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path Area.125. Click OK to continue."

In the Scenery Library, MyTraffic takes the last position at number 125. The activating checkmark it is marked.

If I edit the MyTraffic 2010 entry, I can see the correct path: Local Disk C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery. Once I highlight the \scenery folder and press OK, nothing happens. If I double click on the highlighted \scenery folder, I get a message in the editor that "No Items Match Your Search." Clicking OK at this point has no effect and I have to click Cancel to exit.

In \FSX\Scenery the listing of all sceneries starts at 0000 and goes up to 0107 and then continues from 0200, that is there is no mention of area 0125.

In \FSX\MyTraffic\Scenery there is simply a listing of many .bgl's - over 2000 of them.

I have uninstalled MyTraffic and re-installed it - no change.

I have not uninstalled and re-installed FSX, but I did kill FS9.cfg and let FSX build a new one on re-starting - no change.

Do you think that a complete re-install of FSX might flush out the cockroach? If so, can I do that without removing MyTraffic, AES, and all the aircraft and scenery files I have in there? Or is it worth it?

Dennis in Absolute Frustration

Hello Dennis,

You should only show it as far as the path below, not into the scenery folder.

Local Disk C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\

Area 125 will be mentioned in the scenery.cfg though and there is no need to re-install FSX for this error as it is easily resolved.

Just look for your MyTraffic entry and make sure that its correct and then press okay and if you restart the sim and its done correctly the error wont show.