How do you install liveries?

flyhigh91

Hey Guys,

I have seen a lot of different liveries for the A320/321 on the forum but I simply don't know how to get them into FSX huh.gif I've tried downloading them and putting them into the FSX Airplanes folder but then they do not appear when I choose an aircraft.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I cannot speak for the other painters here but in all the 40 + paints that I made ( and available here ) , I always include a readme file that has all instructions to install into the sim .. Just placing the textures into the ( CORRECT ) aircraft folder is not enough , you also have to alter the aircraft.cfg .

John

That's my readme,

Copy the "texture.senegal" folder to your Aerosoft AirbusX A320 CFM folder.

Copy and paste the following text into the "aircraft.cfg" file inside the Aerosoft AirbusX A320 CFM folder and replace the [flightsim.X] with the next following number (For example [flightsim.5]!

[FLTSIM.X]

title = Airbus A320 Senegal Airlines

sim = A320

model =

panel =

sound =

texture = senegal

kb_checklists = AirbusA321_check

kb_reference = AirbusA321_ref

atc_id =

atc_airline = Senegal

atc_flight_number =

ui_manufacturer = Airbus X

ui_type = A320-214 CFM

ui_variation = Senegal

ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby = Aerosoft

atc_parking_types = GATE

description = Airbus X - A320 CFM - Senegal Airlines by David Danler-Swatt\nwww.aerosoft.com

Have fun!!!

david.danler@hotmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/danlerswatt

Hello;

Thats strange,try this,right click on the cfg file,and select one of the programs that will let you edit the cfg,even when you click on the cfg,it should just show you the information in the file.

Mark

HOW TO INSTALL A REPAINT FOR AEROSOFT AIRBUS X:

1. Create a folder to collect your downloaded repaints.

2. Download your repaint ( Holgi is one of my favourite ) ( Let's say you downloaded a A320 CFM)

3. Make sure you have a texture folder and a readme. ( AND READ THE README, there you can find the FLTSIM. )

4. Open your Microsoft Games/ Microsoft....X( SimObjects/ Airplanes/ Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM folder

5. Copy the downloaded texture folder into the "Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM" folder

6. In the "Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM" you also find a aircraft.cfg called "aircraft". You can open it with your editor.

7. Now copy the FLTSIM. from the downloaded README into the aircraft.cfg and give it the correct number. Like FLTSIM.1 or FLTSIM.4 .

8. Keep the folders opened and start MFSX. Now select your new integrated Airbus.

9. Have a nice flight.

Chris

Thanks Chris & Mark, I really appreciate all the help! But I still do not have an aircraft.cfg folder in the Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM folder. Maybe im accessing the FSX folder in the wrong way? Could you give me instructions how to do it properly. unsure.gif

Cheers.

Yes I can.

The "folder" you are looking for is not a folder. It's a text file similar to those you can create with the Windows editor (Sorry i don't know how it's called in english. I know just the german name). You have to open the file with the notepad and then you can add these lines. Like that one in my attachment.

post-29921-0-00243300-1301339437_thumb.j

Thanks Emi! But how do I create the file?

From Emi's pic, the ''aircraft'' file that is circled,find yours, right click it and selelct ''open with''.You should have a little window pop up asking you what program you want to use to open that text file.Select ''Notepad''.Thats it, you will now see it and be able to edit it.Once you have edited it just hit the red 'X', where it will ask you if you want to save the changes-press save changes.It should dissapear and thats it.

If it's asking where you want to save it, rather than dissapearing,then you iether dont have the right admin rights on your user account,or you have FSX installed in C:\Program files, in witch case (win7), can be tricky.

From Emi's pic, the ''aircraft'' file that is circled,find yours, right click it and selelct ''open with''.You should have a little window pop up asking you what program you want to use to open that text file.Select ''Notepad''.Thats it, you will now see it and be able to edit it.Once you have edited it just hit the red 'X', where it will ask you if you want to save the changes-press save changes.It should dissapear and thats it.

If it's asking where you want to save it, rather than dissapearing,then you iether dont have the right admin rights on your user account,or you have FSX installed in C:\Program files, in witch case (win7), can be tricky.

Yes but the only problem is that I do not have a choice to open it with Notepad, haha blush.gif

Thanks very much guys! But one last question, do I leave the info that is originally in 'Notepad' and paste the details from the readme file underneath or do I replace the original info with the readme file info?

Thanks. rolleyes.gif

ughhh thats not cool :blush:

Maybe someone who has the airbus can send you the file/ or aerosoft may be able too,I dont own it unfortunatly so i dont have it to send.

( you learnt the hard way, lol, Always make a copy of the original file)

Im sure out of the thousands of customers that own the bus someone will be generouse enough to send you it

On a side note, maybe you can get it bk from your recyle bin...find it ( if its there,it should be), right click it and select ''Restore''

Then go back to the airbus file and see if its been put back.