Aircraft nose drops suddenly?

Hi

When I'm on final approach to an airport, with flaps 3 and elevator trim 2 degrees, the plane's nose will suddenly drop downwards and I will crash. If I don't crash and manage to recover, the rudder slams to the left and I end up crashing anyway.

Please help!!

Hi

When I'm on final approach to an airport, with flaps 3 and elevator trim 2 degrees, the plane's nose will suddenly drop downwards and I will crash. If I don't crash and manage to recover, the rudder slams to the left and I end up crashing anyway.

Please help!!

Try to disable 3 buttons are called "F / CLT" (overhead panel). This will help you if you make a manual landing.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=44071

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this, but is shutting down the FBW really the only way? Just seems kind of silly, since the FBW is what makes an Airbus an Airbus.

By the way, FBW is going crazy during all phases of my flight, not just landing (the nosedive problem). Also during normal flight, it trims the plane like a maniac so that I constantly have to push and pull really hard on the stick to make it fly level. Really annoying. And, autoland goes bonkers. It captures LOC, but never aligns with it. It keeps adjusting its course, so that you fly in a kind of zig-zag way down to the runway. Never seen anything quite like it....

Sorry to resurrect this, but is shutting down the FBW really the only way? Just seems kind of silly, since the FBW is what makes an Airbus an Airbus.

By the way, FBW is going crazy during all phases of my flight, not just landing (the nosedive problem). Also during normal flight, it trims the plane like a maniac so that I constantly have to push and pull really hard on the stick to make it fly level. Really annoying. And, autoland goes bonkers. It captures LOC, but never aligns with it. It keeps adjusting its course, so that you fly in a kind of zig-zag way down to the runway. Never seen anything quite like it....

But this is not the case for everyone as well, sure is strange.

Sadly, I stopped flying it because of this nose drop when AP is disconnected. I won't disconnect FBW just to make it flyable... FBW is what Airbus is all about. If you fail here you fail everywhere. Not to even mention autoland.

And all that for similar price as just released 737 (which is pretty advanced) :huh:

I hope advanced version will be better and I hope for a generous discount because of all the problems the current basic version has.

Did you have

in mind? You probably didn't.. Do you read these forums? Did you ever saw a post about "nose down on AP disconnect " issue? I did. A lot.

Sorry if I come across rude but I really don't understand comments like that.. do you want to say those issues don't exist? People are making things up? And how nobody from your testing team, nor Aerosoft nor you nor your friends or anybody you know had any of those issues is beyond me, a great mystery. But as I said in some other post.. count me in for the advanced version, till then I'll keep myself busy with Boeings and MD11s.

• Aerosoft

Did you have

in mind? You probably didn't.. Do you read these forums? Did you ever saw a post about "nose down on AP disconnect " issue? I did. A lot.

Sorry if I come across rude but I really don't understand comments like that.. do you want to say those issues don't exist? People are making things up? And how nobody from your testing team, nor Aerosoft nor you nor your friends or anybody you know had any of those issues is beyond me, a great mystery. But as I said in some other post.. count me in for the advanced version, till then I'll keep myself busy with Boeings and MD11s.

Of course we are aware of the issue. Shaun did never say it did not exist.

The problem is that there is not a lot that we can do at this moment. For starters it's an issue that affect some users far more then others, I for example see a very small drop in the nose (perhaps 2 degrees and I really have to look to see it. Autolands are totally smooth. But when things are less then perfect (balance not ideal, going fast or slow, too heavy) it can indeed get far more noticeable.

But this is not the case for everyone as well, sure is strange.

Very weird. As it is, for me the Airbus remains parked. I hope the advanced version, with the reworked FBW, will handle correctly for me. I can only wait and see.

• 1 year later...

Hi, As a new Buyer of Aerosoft Software from today, I get most of my Best buys and reviews from "Computer Active" magazine.

I recently bought the Corfu X add on scenery, But found all the hassle of installing it a real pain. What happened to just putting the DVD in, installing said EXE. Program, entering the key inside the box and away you go? This continued use by a lot of companies to Do an activate online is getting out of hand.

I had to send some other Software back to Amazon,over the last year, because I didnt want something called "Steam"? All these companys assume everybody has an internet connection, but in reality many havent. I have seen many stand alone games in Local Morrisons stores, which should work, without an internet connection, as they were sold as a stand alone games. Online gaming Sotware of course require a registration, Like World of Warcraft which I play, and Most people are aware of this before buying. But the many products on the high street Are now almost discriminating against poorer people who dont have any connection or live in the country where broadband is still not available, and Most have to get a refund from the store, because They can't use the product.

I read the review of Airbus X in "Computer Active" but nothing was said of the many bugs this seems to have, so unfortunetly I have not bought it, instead plumping for an Embraer Light jet.

I dont normally moan about a product unless I have good reason, but seems this Airbus X was released without proper DEV testing, which makes me wonder about other products and wether they have met rigourous testing before release on the market.

The Kerkyra Corfu add-On was a big let down, on the recommeded settings, it was so quite there you could drop a feather. The hertz Buses, are very badly scripted, and can be seen floating above the roads instead of actually on them. No sailing craft or Ships actually moving were seen, and no Air traffic landing on what is supposed to be a busy Airport in May/June period. So for me, it was boring, and not worth getting.

As a Creator using scripts, mesh and building tools in The Virtual World of Second Life, I have seen better made Aircaft made by an individual, using AC3D modelling software, that flys like its supposed to do. I like the look of the new Athens X scenery too, but Im pretty sure the end results wont look anything like the front cover of the DVD case, as its a real Life photo, taken with a Digital camera, it does not represent the quality of whats expected, also with my Beech KIng Air sitting on tarmac, behind it the apron is not formed right, It looks like excavated holes, with just the taxi lines raised. The transparency of the Apron you can see right through, The Progressive taxi arrows are also back to front, and go around in a circle, instead of leading to gate 3!! There is no excuse for such poor Scripting & programming from a large company like Aerosoft.

like I said all the vehicles Float along above the ground,like hovercrafts, it almost makes me laugh, if it wasnt for the fact I paid GBP for it.

With regret I dont think I will buying Any Aerosoft product again soon, but feedback is Essential, which is why I have written my first experiance of using third party software on my FSX.

The Kerkyra Corfu add-On was a big let down, on the recommeded settings, it was so quite there you could drop a feather. The hertz Buses, are very badly scripted, and can be seen floating above the roads instead of actually on them. No sailing craft or Ships actually moving were seen, and no Air traffic landing on what is supposed to be a busy Airport in May/June period. So for me, it was boring, and not worth getting.

Seems that something might be wrong with your installation as no report of the above has been previously made. Also your AI traffic will depend on your Traffic Addon, nothing to do with the airport itself.

The airport and scenery are both infused with animations, the fact that you don't see them points to a bad installation.

also with my Beech KIng Air sitting on tarmac, behind it the apron is not formed right, It looks like excavated holes, with just the taxi lines raised. The transparency of the Apron you can see right through, The Progressive taxi arrows are also back to front, and go around in a circle, instead of leading to gate 3!! There is no excuse for such poor Scripting & programming from a large company like Aerosoft. like I said all the vehicles Float along above the ground,like hovercrafts, it almost makes me laugh, if it wasnt for the fact I paid GBP for it.

As said, something is definitely wrong with your installation of Corfu X (product activated?), or other 3rd party add-ons in your FSX installation.

The Aerosoft support forums are very useful ;)

http://forum.aerosof...rfu-x-released/

Seems that something might be wrong with your installation as no report of the above has been previously made. Also your AI traffic will depend on your Traffic Addon, nothing to do with the airport itself.

The airport and scenery are both infused with animations, the fact that you don't see them points to a bad installation.

As said, something is definitely wrong with your installation of Corfu X (product activated?), or other 3rd party add-ons in your FSX installation.

The Aerosoft support forums are very useful ;)

http://forum.aerosof...rfu-x-released/

Hi, thanks For reply, Honest im not really grouchy, :argue_s: Just Frustrated, seeing im trying to save for some Saitek controls / Rudder pedals / proflght Auto Pilot trim panel. etc. Im rertired so its a fight to try and afford these expensive items for me.

The Corfu Add-on is the very first third party software I have ever bought for my FSX which I just upgraded to service pack 1 & 2 respectivly. etc. So I have no add-ons apart from the Corfu, and one helicopter from PC Pilot magazine. The activation went fine, although as said took a long time, but shows green ticks, and appears at 1 on list of Scenery protocols.

The settings in the Corfu manager set the traffic / Air traffic / Sea traffic at almost only 20% automatically, Thats following the online guide with everything else set up, like target frame rate and other things, but all other traffic apears to be set at 20% if that. My other problem is that tipping the camera low to the level of the aircaft wheels, makes the Plane seem like its in the Air, with nothing underneath it, only the outlines of the meshes that were used to make the taxi lines, all other parts are excavated like they above the ground , like some one has dug trenches under the apron. I did see somewhere, on a website, That you should remove the default scenery HTML for the area you are adding from the scenery library, but thats a bit advanced for me, Im A photoshop artist, but not into Programming or removing default scenery which I may cause damage to the FSX exe. I dont have a Traffic Add-On, sorry I dont know of that. My global settings Are all 50% airline / 50% light aircraft. Road traffic 60% Ships & tankers etc 70% and pleasure craft 80%. Although in reality I never get to see hardly any, even near A port like Cherbourg or Iiverpool , which is near to where I live. My base in Flight Air Haulier is Woodford, Manchester, because I live within a train ride of it. Its Just the whole Corfu airport looks wierd, with buses floating above the roads, the ground looks transparent, and its got no trucks/ passenger vehicles or aircraft landing or taking off, best way of describing it is like a ghost town :P

The progessive taxi arrows are really confusing, they are back to front, meaning while im following the lines as they disapear the arrow is reversed, and it ends in a circle, but dont go away when I have parked, which is on a taxiway \0/ not at gate 3!!, which I requested from ground ATC. The only other add-On I have got is something called "fuisc" or something, unregistered, no idea what that is, or does, or where it came from?

I have no idea, if I should reinstall it, as cant see anything that would effect it. Its very nice area, the mountains and clouds sea colour are cool, but Airport itself seems to me, as if it may be sitting on another scenery, is the best way of putting it? Which may explain some of peculiar things I Seen. So if anybody has any other ideas,about adding sceneries for the first time I would be grateful for any comments.

Thanks

Just been and visited the Forum url that EmilG posted above. I found this..... the poster states:

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Just installed AS_CORFU X. There is some conflict of the scenery with another scenery/file I've installed previously, therefore I see that ground distortion. What might be such the file?.

There is an image attached to the post of almost exacatly what im seeing, distortions on ground textures?

This is obviously dissapointing That The new Add-On sceneries dont replace the default scenery automatically. Unfortunetly I want to just fly there, not mess around with strange settings and file names I know nothing about. With respect, I really just expected it to install into FSX, like installing a new aircraft, and away you go. I think I will uninstall it, and Just stay with the default scenery as FSX was made with. he says another add-on scenery was installed before, But I have none other, so best I uninstall it and give it to someone who has time to alter FSX scenery files which unfortunetly I havent the inclination or the skill too do.

But thanks anyway:)

Just been and visited the Forum url that EmilG posted above. I found this..... the poster states:

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Just installed AS_CORFU X. There is some conflict of the scenery with another scenery/file I've installed previously, therefore I see that ground distortion. What might be such the file?.

There is an image attached to the post of almost exacatly what im seeing, distortions on ground textures?

This is obviously dissapointing That The new Add-On sceneries dont replace the default scenery automatically. Unfortunetly I want to just fly there, not mess around with strange settings and file names I know nothing about. With respect, I really just expected it to install into FSX, like installing a new aircraft, and away you go. I think I will uninstall it, and Just stay with the default scenery as FSX was made with. he says another add-on scenery was installed before, But I have none other, so best I uninstall it and give it to someone who has time to alter FSX scenery files which unfortunetly I havent the inclination or the skill too do.

But thanks anyway:)

Will PM you for further help.

Thanks Emilios for recent email. I reinstalled Corfu X as per instructions, unfortunetly , as can be seen from my screen shot, it has not solved the distortion problem. The default athens airport from which I did the flight from has no such wierd distortions.

ApronDisortionsatCorfuXadd-on.jpg

Sorry if I'm Hi-jacking this forum, please feel free to move the Corfu X comments where they belong perhaps?

Piper Pilot, In the 5 years I have flown in my FSX, I have never seen below ground at an Airport.

Co-Incididently I decided to start a flight From the Kerkyra Airport, instead of a flight too it.

Not only did all the distortions and other things disapear, like the landing wheels sinking into the ground,but it was impossible to see below the tarmac, as the Picture below shows, thats as far as the camera pans, and as you can see, no distortions present.NodistortionwhenusingCorfuasdepartureAirport.jpg

Well. I have sorted my problem, But not the way I really wanted too, At last chance saloon, I took a big risk & purchased A differant Corfu Kerkyra Greek Scenery Add-On.

To my surprise, this was a very differant experiance. First, I had chain fencing round the parking area, The Monastry appeared for the first time, plus there were no tarmac distortions, But the frustrating thing of the Corfu X, was the progressive Arrows were wrong way round, and they didnt stop short of the runway, they carried on to the end of the runway turnaround.

I was incredibly pleased that this time, the 737 already on runway on take off was at last recognised by ATC and asked me to stop short and wait for the 737. I then got clearance to taxi end of runway, where I got a final take off clearance. Normally with Corfu X, I did not get any ATC instructions, they were quite happy for me to taxi along the runway with the 737 bearing down on me. \o/

I believe I have just been unlucky that, as EmilG says, it sometimes depends on your system, Unfortuntely for me, for some reason The Aerosoft Corfu X didnt work for me. Thats no reference to Aero products being poor, Im Sure most of them run fine for most people, and of course, Its probably the case, that my computer and its hardware Just doesnt seem to be compatable with maybe, some of Aerosoft products.

I want to thank those who have tried to help with the problem, But after exhausting other options, A differant Corfu Greek kerkyra Add-On, just happened to install & operate normally.

Thanks & Blue Skys to all :bow_down2_s:

Mike