How to pull Vertical Speed Knob in FCU

larshgf

According to Volume 4 (Systems Guide) page 11 it is possible to pull the Vertical Speed / Flight Path Angle knob (V/S knob) and by this action engage the Vertical Speed.

I can push the V/S knob with the left mouse key, but (unlike the altitude knob) I am not able to pull the V/S knob with the right mouse key.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Just wonder if the Vertical Speed / Flight Path Angle knob is correctly simulated??

According to manual it should be -> right clicking the mouse should pull the knob.

On my Airbus X this does not work. Comments from Aerosoft people / moderators on this forum?

To engage vertical speed you must pull the altitude knob. At least that's how it works in Airbus X.

By the way does the Flight Path Angle funktion work in your Airbus?

Hi Emi,

Do I understand this correctly: you are not able to "pull " the V/S knob in the airbus X ?

Because I'm quite new with the Airbus X I am not able to answer your question about the flight path angle yet - sorry!

BR

Lars

According to Volume 4 (Systems Guide) page 11 it is possible to pull the Vertical Speed / Flight Path Angle knob (V/S knob) and by this action engage the Vertical Speed.

I can push the V/S knob with the left mouse key, but (unlike the altitude knob) I am not able to pull the V/S knob with the right mouse key.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

You have to pull the Altitude knob, right mouse click then the VS speed lights up then you use the mousewheel to change the VS speed using the VS speed selector.

You have to pull the Altitude knob, right mouse click then the VS speed lights up then you use the mousewheel to change the VS speed using the VS speed selector.

Thank you for the answer Shaun!

But maybe Aerosoft then ought to change the text assosiated with the V/S knob in the documentation (mentioned above) , Because the documentation to Aerosoft X describes how it is done in a really Airbus 320 and Aerosoft has apparently chosen to simulate that in another way (= pull the Altitude Knob instead of pulling the V/S knob).