Dutch Harbour - Transparent Runway Textures?

Jocko Flocko

First of all, just let me say that this is some awesome scenery! I love the airport of PADU and the awesome attention to detail in what I have seen so far and that's with just a 5 minute flight. Well done Aerosoft! :)

Anyways, I have been seeing a funky texture issue along the edge of the airport. Here's some screenshots to give an example of what I'm talking about. I can grab more screens if needed. Could this be a conflict between two different terrain meshes? I currently have FS Genesis and all the latest updates installed. I also went through all the FS Genesis airport files to make sure there was no conflict between the two products, however I couldn't find any.

To add, the issue along the runway can only be seen at a low angle of view, inside the cockpit of the Cessna 172 for example. Hope this info helps and if there's any more information you require, just let me know. Im running no other addons in that area of the world other than FS Genesis Terrain Mesh.

System specs are as follows:

FSX Service Pack 2 (No Acceleration)

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Quad Core (Q9890) 3.9ghz

8 GB Corsair XMS RAM

2x eVGA 8800 GPU in (SLI)

Creative Xfi (Extreme Music)

936PADU_anomoly_01.jpg

203PADU_anomoly_02.jpg

447PADU_anomoly_03.jpg

Just to add, this is some of the best scenery I have ever seen for a measly 20 dollars. It's well worth the 20 bucks IMHO for the coverage area that you get. Anyone thinkng of getting the scenery shouldn't hesitate for a second.

If this can't be corrected, and I can't get any help with the issue, is there any way I can go about possibly getting a refund? This issue is making the airport look like complete garbage at certain angles.

Hello;

Do you have any other add-ons installed that effect the scenery for FSX,it looks like some other add-on is effecting Dutch Harbor.I was just reading your earlier post,and it said you were running Fs Genesis for this area,you might want to un-install it,to see what effect this might have,or just disable it in your scenery list.

Mark

Yeah, I tried disabling all my addon mesh's by unticking them in the FSX scenery manager, it didn't correct the issue at all. That's the only addon in that region of the world that is installed on my system other than Dutch Harbour. It's got something to do with the flattening of the land around the airport or the modification of the terrain.cfg file I'm sure of it. Perhaps there's a file I could disable to turn off the flattening of the area but I'd need a dev to tell me which one.

Have the same problem and it seems to be a mystery. Disabling UTX Alaska doesn't do the trick. I have tried almost everything here and cannot get rid of the bleedthrough at the side of the runway. If anyone knows I'd like to know what is causing this phenomena.

Phew, I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. There`s also the issue of small freezes when flying in the area. While flying over the area I`m experiencing freezes when rotating the view around the aircraft. These freezes aren`t your typical FSX loading textures into memory stutters, everyone gets those, these are big freezes lasting a few seconds or so. I think this might be an LOD problem from a distance meaning there might not be lower LOD textures for the area and FSX is loading the only one LOD texture set. I`ve seen this issue before in other user made freeware addons.

Thanks Shaun, appreciate it. :)

Sorry for the delay I was away indeed.

The issue in the first screenshot cannot be fixed. It's very tricky to use high resolution airport ground images together with 3D airports like this one. The blending issue should only be visible if you're very low above the runway, just like on your screenshot.

I will have to check the tree issue, but we've not had this problem in betatesting. In any case the PAPI seems errand as well so I guess you use different FSX settings than the ones suggested in the manual. For example try setting mesh resolution to 5m, this is even better than 1m because FSX has a weird way of handling the 1m setting.