The Aerosoft offices and Aerosoft staff (2011)

I always wonder how was Aerosoft in the beginning, can you tell as something compared to this?

It would be funny.

I can remember (from our customer side) one of my first aerosofts boxes for FS5.1, "European adventures" or something like that - every adventure started with a terrifying WEEELCOME!!! ending suddenly when the the pilot missed one of the SIDS points in the "no gps" era, other was "Europe 1".

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, I think that this is a brilliant move. It creates more of a bond between the customers and the company, which suddenly is not a bunch of letters but a bunch of people where you can relate to.

I also appreciate the fact that Winfried communicates through the forum (in the other sticky thread).

Well done!

I am impressed BTW by the sheer size of the company, I didn't know that.

• Aerosoft

I always wonder how was Aerosoft in the beginning, can you tell as something compared to this?

It would be funny.

I can remember (from our customer side) one of my first aerosofts boxes for FS5.1, "European adventures" or something like that - every adventure started with a terrifying WEEELCOME!!! ending suddenly when the the pilot missed one of the SIDS points in the "no gps" era, other was "Europe 1".

As I was not there (I started at LAGO as some older folks will remember), I will ask Winfried to comment on that.

As I was not there (I started at LAGO as some older folks will remember), I will ask Winfried to comment on that.

Lago had your touch Mathijs, I can say that Aerosoft and Lago provide both to me the very first an very best add-ons, somebody can call me "axe-kixer" but Im honest. I discovered all the potential of FS trough your products.

Glad to meet you all, on the other hand, is good to have human faces behind the store. Many people doesnt realize the magnitude of your task force to get many of the best popular products for simulation. People that rely on them the get paid at the end of the month. Without faces is easy to be tempted by piracy I guess, as a pilot in a bomber (many of them would never release their bombs if the faces of the people "under" were in front of them...I guess too)

Umm...just one query though...is Eva Lȍffler spoken for ? ;)

Great post....many thanks for putting faces and names to a wonderful Company!! Back in the FS3 & FS4 days, I made a visit to the SubLogic headquarters in Illinois during one vacation.....a wonderful trip I'll always remember.

BTW Paul.....I've already spoken for Eva....sorry buddy!!! (smile) Actually, she brings back memories of a childhood crush.....ahhhhh....if only I was about 20 years younger. (smile)

Cheers,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Software development hides of all sorts are facinating places. Living here in Seattle, I had several opportunities to do user testing on Flight Simulator at MS in the days before ACES. They had a beautiful campus called Red West (short for Redmond West) just away from the big campus. It even had a little stream with boulders running through it. Anyway, when I think FS 2000 came out, on a hunch, I looked to see if there was an Easter egg at Red West. Sure enough, if you taxied into the right building, you could see a mural of all the developers.

Naturally, when Aerosoft Paderborn-Lippstadt came out, I hoped to find the same kind of touch in the Aerosoft building. Doesn't seem to be there (it isn't, is it???) but this spread is even better. As another poster noted, it's nice to see the crew in their natural environment. That lead post is a great treat!

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see the Folks at Aerosoft.

This should be shown to those people who think they don't have to pay for software.

These guy's have bills to pay like the rest of us.

Regards

Si

Well done Aerosoft ! I didn't realise just how many of your products I have sitting on my bookcase. I was just checking out all the covers recently and will say that I have 99% Aerosoft. :D

Hey Si, I'm another West Aussie mate. So Si, don't you reckon that Aerosoft should look after us and give us a Perth Airport ad-on ? :rolleyes: These's 2 sales aready Aerosoft ! :P

Hey Si, I'm another West Aussie mate. So Si, don't you reckon that Aerosoft should look after us and give us a Perth Airport ad-on ? :rolleyes: These's 2 sales aready Aerosoft ! :P

Lol, Yes i think your right. Come on Aerosoft ;). Seeing as Orbx don't want to do Perth Airport. So it could be time for Aerosoft to do something for Aus. How about it eh?:D

Cheers

Si

Lol, Yes i think your right. Come on Aerosoft ;). Seeing as Orbx don't want to do Perth Airport. So it could be time for Aerosoft to do something for Aus. How about it eh?:D

Cheers

Si

I instantly think - 'Why'?

Thats a little odd , they have done the whole of AUS, and sooo many airport within AUS...but not Perth? :unsure:

• Aerosoft

I instantly think - 'Why'?

Thats a little odd , they have done the whole of AUS, and sooo many airport within AUS...but not Perth? :unsure:

To be clear, we got no plans for that. The market for these airports on the other side of the world from our home market is not large enough for us. Could change the moment we get professional demand for the airport!

No worries Mathijs as I know our population will grow over the next few centuries and in the meantime, we'll just watch the tumble weed roll in from our desert. :lol:

To be clear, we got no plans for that. The market for these airports on the other side of the world from our home market is not large enough for us. Could change the moment we get professional demand for the airport!

Hi Mathijs

Swaying somewhat from topic here i guess :unsure: but as far as im aware Aerosoft is well known down here amongst Flight Simmers so there could be a market? Well, Perth International might be small compared to alot of European Internationals but its growing and handles traffic from Dubai, Singapore,Japan etc. I see your point though and its not like its even that well known like Sydney for example. But it could be marketed as one of the largest most isolated Internationals in the world though ;).

Heres hoping for Professional demand then :)

Regards

Si

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How amazing pictures, how the network is located ! :rolleyes:

On Air Exhibition 2008 I have talk with one of that german young crew made scenery Salzgitter/Drütte but can't remember the name... :blush:

I only know your area from my "adventures" in Sennelager ^_^

Archived