AES and follow me under FSX

Hello

There is some days, I receive a new computer ... that's a great time for go to under FSX and deathly my old FS9 <_<

I install under FSX all my add-ons ... no problem.

Just one with AES 2.10 under FSX ... on all airports with AES activated ... the follow me fonction are not run :unsure:

I have just a blank windows without folow me option when I push on "ctrl shift w" for go to parking !

All other fonction run correctly !

Where is my error in config ??? The follow me fonction are available on FSX ???

Thank you

• Developer

Never seen before.

Can you please post a screen of the Add-Ons->Vistamare->About page, so I can doublecheck the Version of the modules.

For information I run FSX under Win7 64 ...but no problems with the other fonction ... catring are O.K. de-icing are O.K. ... Jet ways O.K., refulling O.K. .... just the follow me not run !

i1lvla5ayo6p.jpg

• Developer

Ok,

versions looks ok.

Can you make the following test, when the window is empty:

- Go in Slew mode, lift the Aircraft from ground until the window is removed

- then set the Aircraft back to ground and check if the window is filled.

Can you make the following test, when the window is empty:

- Go in Slew mode, lift the Aircraft from ground until the window is removed

- then set the Aircraft back to ground and check if the window is filled.

Hello

I make this test on my evening today flight ... and yes !

After a little bite slew mode, the screen change ... in first time with a message AES inactive and some secondes after ... the correct screen folow with a correct option !

Thank you.

f3j77jzpoeh.jpg

6o8notw6qno.jpg

For information, this is an exemple file make by AES in aircraft.cfg contact points :

[contact_points]

point.0=1, 35.80, 0.00, -10.56, 1500, 0, 1.25, 60.12, 0.38, 2.4, 0.5135, 7.0, 8.2, 0, 0.0, 0.0

point.1=1, -4.25, -11.58, -11.06, 2200, 1, 2.15, 0.00, 1.11, 2.0, 0.5470, 9.7, 14.1, 2, 0.0, 0.0

point.2=1, -4.25, 11.58, -11.06, 2200, 2, 2.15, 0.00, 1.11, 2.0, 0.5470, 9.7, 14.1, 3, 0.0, 0.0

point.3=2, -14.17, -47.33, 0.00, 787.4, 0, 0.000, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 5, 0.0, 0.0

point.4=2, -14.17, 47.33, 0.00, 787.4, 0, 0.000, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 6, 0.0, 0.0

point.5=2, -54.00, 0.00, 2.83, 787.4, 0, 0.000, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 9, 0.0, 0.0

point.6=2, 42.67, 0.00, -3.75, 787.4, 0, 0.000, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 4, 0.0, 0.0

max_number_of_points=21

//static_pitch= -0.02 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)

//static_cg_height=14.26 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

//gear_system_type=0

//AES Orgvalue:static_pitch= 0.02 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)

static_pitch=.19

//AES Orgvalue:static_cg_height=14.06 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

static_cg_height=14.24

gear_system_type=0

• Developer

The aircraft.cfg is not relevant for this issue.

The question is, did you have the empty Window only, when you set the aircraft to an airport via the FS Menu or did it also happens, when you fly to the airport and open the window after landing?

• Developer

Ok, I never see that issue, so it must be a timing thing, because when the "reset" will work, AES is running.

How fast after the touchdown you press the Key Combi? Did you try to first taxi off the runway before you open the window?

I must check the code if I find a "possible" reason for that.

How fast after the touchdown you press the Key Combi? Did you try to first taxi off the runway before you open the window?

After landing, I leave the runway and stop at ahead point, just after I call AES !!!

But I have some news information about this issue

This is an relation with "FS Menu"

I just make 2 news fly without touch "FS menu" or "contextual menu" after take off and ... AES run correctly after landing !!!

But just before or after landing, if I call "FS menu" ( for save situation, replay, change view ...), the issue happens ... ( sorry for english )

• Developer

Ok, I will try if I can reproduce the "FS Menu" situation. Normally this will not be done, so it's possible that it happens here too, but never seen it, as I never do it.

Do you have FSX with the Acc-Pack or with normal SP1+SP2?

I use FSX with SP1 + SP2 .

Also ... for information, because after install FSX under win7 64, I have a big problem with contextual menu !

I read on some forum, this issue created because FSX is not previous for win7 64 and some time there is problem with some DLL !

For solve my problem contextual menu crach, I find the solution with put "UIAutomationCore.dll" in FSX folder ... but I think all users FSX under win764 use this DLL ... after put this DLL under FSX folder, I never have FSmenu crash problem !

Do you think this DLL are the guilty for AES ???

• Developer

I use WIN7 64bit too, never had problems FSX (SP1+SP2) Menu and still have this DLL not in my FSX Folder. So it's not a gerneral issue with FSX on WIN7 64bit.

Well, I just make a test without this DLL and the issue are the same with AES

UIAutomationcore.dll are not guilty !

I think there is an ingérence with "save situation" and "replay" "FSMenu"

Hello

O.K., Yesterday evening I isolated the culprit

This is the "FSMenu" "replay" fonction make this issue !

After use replay just before landing or after, or again in taxy, AES make this bug !

For ré-activated the folow me, there is necessary use a slew mode, just a short time ...

• Developer

Ok, to "replay" within a flight is a "unexpected" situation I never looked for.

I will see if AES can react here, must look what will happen in this situation.

But don't expect a fix within a short time.

• 3 weeks later...

I find a 1/2 solution ... Some objects or programme in FSX make in C++ or use simconnect are not compatibile with the FSX instant Replay ...

The solution are use the free "FS Recorder" for FSX as a replacement, which will also offer much better options as a recorder, and it's compatibile with all sceneries and AES.

In FS Recorder there is also an option instant Replay work without problem with AES.

http://www.fs-recorder.net/