Casablanca scenery possible bug

Henning

Wenn installing the Casablanca scenery (FS9) i noticed that two default files (AB945200.bgl and FL945200.bgl) in Scenery\Afri\Scenery get renamed effectively disabling them. So far so good.

Two new files with the same names are copied to Scenery\Africa\Scenery (not Scenery\Afri\Scenery). No entry for Scenery\Africa\Scenery is made in Scenery.cfg. This means the two new files are never activated.

I think the two new files are meant to be copied to Scenery\Afri\Scenery which would activate them. I'm only guessing though.

Henning Larsen

Wenn installing the Casablanca scenery (FS9) i noticed that two default files (AB945200.bgl and FL945200.bgl) in Scenery\Afri\Scenery get renamed effectively disabling them. So far so good.

Two new files with the same names are copied to Scenery\Africa\Scenery (not Scenery\Afri\Scenery). No entry for Scenery\Africa\Scenery is made in Scenery.cfg. This means the two new files are never activated.

I think the two new files are meant to be copied to Scenery\Afri\Scenery which would activate them. I'm only guessing though.

Henning Larsen

Hello Henning,

Could very much be for the un-installer to replace them should you remove the scenery, so in other words a backup.

Hi Shaun,

your suggestion sounded plausible, so I investigated further:

I tried installing and uninstalling a couple times and found the following:

When uninstalling the scenery the two renamed default files in \Scenery\Afri\Scenery\ are renamed back into bgl.

The two bgl-files in \Scenery\Africa\Scenery\ get deleted by the uninstaller.

When installing the scenery the installer tells the following:

The following default files will be replaced (backup of default files with extension *.bga and *.bmx in the same folders)

\Scenery\Vehicles\Texture\cargoA.bmp

\Scenery\Vehicles\Texture\cruise_linerB.bmp

\Scenery\Afri\Scenery\AB945200.bgl

\Scenery\Afri\Scenery\FL945200.bgl

Texture\treesfa.bmp

Texture\treeshw.bmp

Texture\treessp.bmp

Texture\treessu.bmp

Texture\treesfa.bmp

Texture\treeswi.bmp

Modules\Aerocore.dll

So the installer tells that the two bgl-files should go into the \Scenery\Afri\Scenery folder. But as said they are instead copied to the \Scenery\Africa\Scenery folder and never used.

I do think now this must be a bug in the installer.

Henning Larsen

No I can't tell any difference in the scenery if the files are active or not. Did some screenshot comparisons with and without the files, and they all look the same. Just wondered why the files are there in the first place when not used.

Henning Larsen