Aerosoft in 2011

wdiekmann

• Members

My name is Winfried Diekmann and I am the CEO of Aerosoft.

From this moment on I'll comment 'officially' on some of the trending topics on our forum. The main purpose is to prevent long discussions that are not very useful and to condense those to these posts. If you like to discuss these issues with us, do so in these topics and not in new post please. You can't always count on me replying here, but one of our staff will always be watching and replying where needed.

Aerosoft is changing and we heard from a few people they were wondering how that would affect our commitment to Flight Simulator. Perhaps it is good to comment on this and to set the record straight.

We got three major product groups, Flight Simulators and Flight Simulator add-ons, Train Simulators and Train Simulator add-ons and lastly 'other' simulators. In this last category you will find things like Bus simulations. There is some overlap between these obviously. Online we got three major sites for these three product ranges, Aerosoft.com for the flight simulator, Train-World.com for the train simulators and Simulation4u.com for the additional simulators. Of course Aerosoft.com will always get you to all three in all languages we support. All of these product groups are equally important to us. Aerosoft is happy to handle ANY kind of simulator as long as it is serious and not purely a game. We create and sell simulators, not only games.

Now this is a change from the Aerosoft of four years ago when we were far more focused on flight simulations (and train simulation). But the fact we handle more products now has little to do with the how the flight simulator market is at this moment. We know others complain about it, but it has been very good for us up to this moment. In fact 2010 was the best year for flight simulator add-ons for Aerosoft ever. We released more than ever, sold more than ever, both for FSX and FS2004. And we got every intention to keep on doing that until customer stop buying it. For 2011 we got at least as many FS add-ons scheduled as for 2010. To be honest, we would be silly to lower our attention to these products as they are still the majority of our turn-over.

So the 'other' simulators are created, managed and sold next to our more traditional products. To handle that we hired new staff. In fact we have been hiring new people all the time (and nobody ever seems to leave Aerosoft). People who know our main office in Paderborn have seen that we simply are running out of office space. We got offices in the US and France (two in France even) and we think we'll have more offices in other countries soon. Aerosoft is in all aspects a company that is expanding but rest assured our commitment to flight simulators will remain.

In the next few weeks we'll spend some time in showing you something about what's going on inside Aerosoft and how we operate.

If you like to share your ideas on this, feel free to respond to this topic. We read everything we value your input!

With friendly greetings on behalf of everybody at Aerosoft, Winfried

• Upvote 13

Its nice to see Aerosoft had a good year financially in 2010. Lets hope 2011 can be even more sucessful. I look forward to all the new releases coming as and when they're ready.

Nice to see a post like this, it shows a part of Aerosoft I was not fully aware of!

Is it possible to make some comments on other flight sims like X-plane, the new MS Flight and your own plans for a flight simulator?

• Aerosoft

Nice to see a post like this, it shows a part of Aerosoft I was not fully aware of!

Is it possible to make some comments on other flight sims like X-plane, the new MS Flight and your own plans for a flight simulator?

Yes, here are some comments but you have to keep in mind that it's not possible to outline fully how our commercial plans are, okay?

• X-plane is easy, tomorrow we'll have some news on that, but basically we like X-plane 10 a lot!
  • MS Flight, is not easy, lol, There is still a lot unclear about that simulator and how it will be marketed and how add-ons will work for that. We are, of course, highly interested and communicating with MS about this.
  • Aerosoft Flight Simulator is even less easy to talk about, for commercial reasons we simply can't give a lot of information about it. What can be said is that the project is most certainly not dropped and plays a role in everything we do.

• Upvote 1

I think that Aerosoft's customer service is in high level and bringing news from the top levels is very valuable and needed. In this way everybody knows that whatever your problem or need of the product is it will be answered. One thing(flight simulation add-ons)- as you are hiring more staff to expand will you put more work on FSX or any new simulator of flight simulation and start slowly cutting of FS9 usage in product making? I don't use the FS9 but it is just comfortable to know is there any plans as if there aren't- more attention will be spent of making products for the new generation (Nothing new though 2006) simulators as mentioned by Mathijs: X-plane, FSX, MS flight (if it comes out this year), and simulators of your own.(No disrespect for FS9 users)

• Aerosoft

I think that Aerosoft's customer service is in high level and bringing news from the top levels is very valuable and needed. In this way everybody knows that whatever your problem or need of the product is it will be answered. One thing(flight simulation add-ons)- as you are hiring more staff to expand will you put more work on FSX or any new simulator of flight simulation and start slowly cutting of FS9 usage in product making? I don't use the FS9 but it is just comfortable to know is there any plans as if there aren't- more attention will be spent of making products for the new generation (Nothing new though 2006) simulators as mentioned by Mathijs: X-plane, FSX, MS flight (if it comes out this year), and simulators of your own.(No disrespect for FS9 users)

Where ever possible (technically and commercially) our products will be released for FSX and FS2004, just as it is now. This means that almost all big scenery products will be FSX/FS2004 and that aircraft will almost all FSX only. In scenery there is not a lot of difference but in aircraft there are still major new things possible.

How that relates to other sims is easily explained, ALL of our production at this moment is as industry standard as possible. That means in development we don't really care if the product is intended for FSX, X-plane, professional simulators or even video clips (yes some of our work is used there). It's only in the last steps that items specific for a platform is included. Certainly in 3D development that's not to hard, even though it needs a high degree of professionalism. But it certainly possible to move one of our aircraft between Rise of Flight, FSX and Jet Thunder without too much additional work these days.

Hello Mr. Diekmann,

sounds good what is going on and i am glad Aerosoft does well. For me as customer support is a crucial point, an aerea where Aerosoft really sets a benchmark in the flightsim community. In my opinion the Bell 205 is a way to go, excellent quality to a fair price. I am curious about the upcoming Katana and look forward to it (DA team). It is just a pitty that the DO27 isnt as native FSX modell available.

An area where i can imagine some improvement is the VA service, let aside contract issues and just imagine. VA members are certainly expierienced users with potential. I guess Bravo and "Starposters" rings a bell in your ear, lets put this idea into the flightsim world. How would it be if Aerosoft creates a VA package with 3 or 4 fitting items and releases each month one of them for a limited period.

Creating purpose for the addon, a really good example is the Jayhawk/Seahawk package with the shipyard tool and included missions (safed flights). After we have seen every corner, flipped every switch these missions and tools keep the fun going. So why not creating some example missions? Yes, it will create a little more work, not that much with Instant mission maker though. But it adds value, gives the product a touch and adds another unique sales point.

keep it going in 2011

Jaeger_301

F4, Red Viper and Free Falcon Betatester & Contributor

It is always nice to see the faces behind a company! I am really happy with Aerosoft and especially with everything that is still developed for FS2004 :rolleyes:... However, I am not always happy with support. Some guys, like Oliver, release immediate fixes when having an issue, but with other products there is almost no response (maybe it has to do with external developers). An example is the EHAM scenery which is now at version 1.14, but still has some bugs... You ask a question and you don't hear a thing for a long time. Even if you don't have an answer, at least reply! That is the least you can do in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

• Members

With the development of products it's like in real life. Some developers have good ideas for fixing a problem very fast, some need more time. Some are doing the fs development for fulltime work and for other developers it is a hobby.

Oliver is helping our support a lot, because he is really experienced in most of the FS related problems. Our internal support has also to answer questions about train simulation, hardware and other products. So it normally takes a little bit longer for us to answer all questions.

...and right, I am a flight attendent and this is better for the passengers, believe me. ;-)

Winfried

Its pleasing to know Aerosoft is in good and growing health, because the hobby needs such companies. I have the DHC-2, Catalina, Huey and the astoundingly good FlightSim Commander 9, and based on those, I'm sure the success will continue.

With the development of products it's like in real life. Some developers have good ideas for fixing a problem very fast, some need more time. Some are doing the fs development for fulltime work and for other developers it is a hobby.

Oliver is helping our support a lot, because he is really experienced in most of the FS related problems. Our internal support has also to answer questions about train simulation, hardware and other products. So it normally takes a little bit longer for us to answer all questions.

...and right, I am a flight attendent and this is better for the passengers, believe me. ;-)

Winfried

I think its GREAT that Aerosoft is still defining new ways of thinking and developing outside the box with simulation products for business and hobby.

Its GREAT having a company back up the dreams for people that never had the chance to pursue them in real life. Keep up the GREAT work.

regards :D

oops! I am promoted! ;-)

Congratulations on the promotion Mr. Diekmann smile.gif

Thank you for the heads up. As a costumer its not always easy to see "inside" to how things are, and are thought of, in a company, and I salute this transparency. It means a lot to me, as a costumer, and also as involved in the Andras Field project.

As the other replies above I also contratulate Aerosoft on the result of 2010. Good to know that ones favorite developer for flight simulators, is not only on the centerline, but defining the centerlinewink.gif

I see that you guys intend to post news regarding X-plane and I look very much forward to this. I hope X-Plane will play a role in Aerosoft´s plans for the time ahead. X-Plane is growing, and version 10 looks promising, at least to me.

I also see that some of your competitors have started to port some of their products to X-Plane. ohmy.gif The future is certainly looking bright!biggrin.gif

Anyway. Thanks for the news. Mr.Diekmann. Ill look with interest for your next posting. smile.gif

Good to know that Aerosoft is in an ascending possition!

Also im looking forward to the development of the Aerosoft FS and ofcourse the new update for the Airbus..

However there is still a wish, that would be a complete update for the Aerosoft F-16....on which i would be happy to help again!

Annyway, i can say i'm a happy customer.

And thank you for the open inside view Winfried and Mathijs!

By the way is there still a vacature to apply for? :P

Best Regards and keep up the good work!,

Raymond Rotmans

• Aerosoft

Good to know that Aerosoft is in an ascending possition!

Also im looking forward to the development of the Aerosoft FS and ofcourse the new update for the Airbus..

However there is still a wish, that would be a complete update for the Aerosoft F-16....on which i would be happy to help again!

Annyway, i can say i'm a happy customer.

And thank you for the open inside view Winfried and Mathijs!

By the way is there still a vacature to apply for? :P

Best Regards and keep up the good work!,

Raymond Rotmans

We got options for C++ developers with a strong link to simulation.

I don't get it

Mr Diekmann promoted ? He was already Aerosoft CEO :rolleyes:

You now are First officer based on the posts you have made, when you start posting you are a passanger or a flight attendant (dont really remember) as Mr Diekmanns post count was low he was one of these "workers" but now he is promoted (I think he deserves to be commander).

Yes, here are some comments but you have to keep in mind that it's not possible to outline fully how our commercial plans are, okay?

• X-plane is easy, tomorrow we'll have some news on that, but basically we like X-plane 10 a lot!
  • MS Flight, is not easy, lol, There is still a lot unclear about that simulator and how it will be marketed and how add-ons will work for that. We are, of course, highly interested and communicating with MS about this.
  • Aerosoft Flight Simulator is even less easy to talk about, for commercial reasons we simply can't give a lot of information about it. What can be said is that the project is most certainly not dropped and plays a role in everything we do.

Hello! Mathijs, what about X-plane....tomorrow was some days ago, did I miss another post about X-plane somewhere, I' am interested in the new you have?

Thank you very much.

• Aerosoft

Hello! Mathijs, what about X-plane....tomorrow was some days ago, did I miss another post about X-plane somewhere, I' am interested in the new you have?

Thank you very much.

The next day there was an official news on our news sites that we'll support X-Plane (a little bit with the current version, but seriously with version 10). See: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=home&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_design=DEFAULT

• Upvote 2