Black Screen of Death :'(

Help me! I have updated my graphics driver recently, but now when I try to start or play city bus simulator, I get just a black screen instead of the game. I can hear the SFX and the ambiance and everything, but I can not see any graphics in the game whatsoever except the text and menus and stuff. ='( Could someone please help me? Thanks a million if you know how to fix this :D

• Upvote 1

But I already have DirectX 9.0 installed, and my graphics card is a Mobile Intel 4 series express Chipset Family. The game also crashes a lot now that i have updated my driver, and the cause appears to be a graphics accellarator called "ig4icd32.dll" (that name appears in the "fault module name" part of the APPCRASH message) and I do not have any idea of how to fix it.

But I already have DirectX 9.0 installed, and my graphics card is a Mobile Intel 4 series express Chipset Family. The game also crashes a lot now that i have updated my driver, and the cause appears to be a graphics accellarator called "ig4icd32.dll" (that name appears in the "fault module name" part of the APPCRASH message) and I do not have any idea of how to fix it.

Unfortunately there lies your problem, your graphics chip is not of the required type as per the system requirements on the product page.

The only way to fix this is to run the software on a computer that runs a compliant graphics card of which yours is neither at the moment..

Minimum:

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon XP or comparable processor

Windows® Vista / XP, DirectX® 9.0c

Tools: QuickTime-Player >>Download here

RAM: Windows® XP 1 GB , Windows® Vista 2 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 86xx or a comparable ATI-Graphics Card

Installations-Size: 3.0 GB

We suggest the following specs for very good frame rates in the high version:

3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon XP or comparable processor

Microsoft Windwos XP/Vista

2 GB RAM

Free space on hard disk: 3 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800(GT) or equal ATI

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately there lies your problem, your graphics chip is not of the required type as per the system requirements on the product page.

The only way to fix this is to run the software on a computer that runs a compliant graphics card of which yours is neither at the moment..

Minimum:

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon XP or comparable processor

Windows® Vista / XP, DirectX® 9.0c

Tools: QuickTime-Player >>Download here

RAM: Windows® XP 1 GB , Windows® Vista 2 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 86xx or a comparable ATI-Graphics Card

Installations-Size: 3.0 GB

We suggest the following specs for very good frame rates in the high version:

3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon XP or comparable processor

Microsoft Windwos XP/Vista

2 GB RAM

Free space on hard disk: 3 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800(GT) or equal ATI

On another forum that I moderate I have been noticing an increase of complaints about a game not working properly, only to find out that the member purchasing the game didn't even meet the minimal requirements. Have people become so complacent that they just buy a game without reading the requirements? Every game has them. Read it, and make sure you meet it. I always recommend the higher requirements, because the minimal requirements tend to make the game run less then expected, or not to the desired game play results that you may have seen in a trailer.

• Upvote 1

On another forum that I moderate I have been noticing an increase of complaints about a game not working properly, only to find out that the member purchasing the game didn't even meet the minimal requirements. Have people become so complacent that they just buy a game without reading the requirements? Every game has them. Read it, and make sure you meet it. I always recommend the higher requirements, because the minimal requirements tend to make the game run less then expected, or not to the desired game play results that you may have seen in a trailer.

Bob,

Unfortunately you are absolutely correct that far to many people are not reading the strict requirements of this and many other products available.

Bob,

Unfortunately you are absolutely correct that far to many people are not reading the strict requirements of this and many other products available.

Ain't it the truth. If you don't know what your computer has, you should not purchase games, or programs for it.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Düster

Hi robin nieland,

this LIST dont know your chip.

Also, here is a list of mobile chipsets sortet by power: LIST

it says: its not better than the Intel 3000 - and intel is not supported...

give it a try?

I made a mistake.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 310M

but it still not works.

Hello Robin,

I dont think your graphics chip can really entertain this game.

Your chip is in the Class 3 range and the minimum required card is in the Class 2 range.

I don't think that any videocard will support my laptop for City Bus Simulator 2010, because I have a MSi CX623 Intel Core i3-370M 64 bit windows 7.

I have written this once before on this forum,. Maybe I'll make a thread for it, or Shaun could. This game, and many others are NOT designed for laptops. Very often these games demand a 'High-end' CPU and/or Graphics card, they just simply can't handle it. You might have a great CPU, but laptops commonly fall short in the graphics area, as you can see by many complainers here with Laptops. For the most part laptops are designed to play simple games, and run writing & other similar programs. When you buy a laptop, consider what you are using it for. Are you a gamer? Then this is not the best choice. You MUST read the requirements, and know enough about your computer to make an intelligent choice. Novices should ask someone with a greater knowledge than yourself. It's not to insult anyone, but common sense should play a role here, or you'll wind up spending money on games that won't work.

• Upvote 1