US Cities X Chicago v1.0 CRC Install Error

elysion

Hi aerosoft

I am getting an install error/crc error for the Chicago livery, only this livery has an issue when installing it on my Win7 64 Bit Pro, at the moment.

I am using simmarket to download it and I tried all servers. Does someone know the issue? Thanks and appreciated

post-38816-0-60255800-1299824864_thumb.p

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Stephan,

have you tried to contact simmarket, maybe they can give you an alternate download. Or maybe Aerosoft can do this.

On the other hand it could also be a hardware problem (RAM). I had this last year on my PC, starting with only a few CRC errors, then rapidly growing. At the end it took me 2 weeks to find out that one of my RAM banks were broken. :rolleyes:

Hi Stephan,

have you tried to contact simmarket, maybe they can give you an alternate download. Or maybe Aerosoft can do this.

On the other hand it could also be a hardware problem (RAM). I had this last year on my PC, starting with only a few CRC errors, then rapidly growing. At the end it took me 2 weeks to find out that one of my RAM banks were broken. :rolleyes:

Hi Otto, yes I did and they just replied i have to contact Aerosoft for this issue but it seems to me that its either the packing of the installer or the zip/rar file they use, is there any possible link I can use to download the installer again?

Hardware I doubt, just upgraded my video cards : 2x HD5970, a new OCZ Revo 2 SSD 240 GB and 12 GB GSkill under the bonnet ;-) speed pure on my OS. thanks for the reply though

Will contact Aerosoft then, thanks und einen schoenen Tag aus den Malediven...

Lets pray for Japan!!

Hello Stephan,

You need to follow the suggestion in the FAQs on this forum if your download file is corrupt.

Clear internet cache delete offline content and if necessary download to a complete new partition or drive.

The chances of the file being corrupted at source are slim as this would mean everyone who installed it would have the same issue.

• 2 months later...

will give it a try thanks Shaun, roger that

cheers

I purchased this last night and I'm getting exactly the same error on a Win 7 Pro machine. Did you get this sorted? if so how? I've tried downloading from diferent servers and Winzip reports nothing wrong with the file.

Hello Stephan,

You need to follow the suggestion in the FAQs on this forum if your download file is corrupt.

Clear internet cache delete offline content and if necessary download to a complete new partition or drive.

The chances of the file being corrupted at source are slim as this would mean everyone who installed it would have the same issue.

Hello Shaun,

I just registered to this forum, so I would be able to tell you that I have exactly the same problem. I tried to install on a Windows 7 64 bit PC. I followed your suggestions; cleaning the cash and downloading to a new parttion, and still get the CRC errors. I also closed my anti virus program while unpacking the downloaded file. There seems to be nothing wrong with the downloaded file. I also got my file at SimMarket from where I downloaded several files in the past few days. None of the others had the CRC problem.

Regards,

Peter v. d. M.