Cleveland X major stutters...

Bobpr

Hi,

I just purchased and installed Cleveland X. It is unflyable with major stops and jerks when in the scenery area. Has anyone else installed this yet? Thanks.

Home built Core i7 930 (4.0Ghz) - Asus P6t - 6 GB Mushkin Redline - Cooler Master ATC 840 Case - Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler - Corsair HX modular 840 PS - 1TB WD Black Caviar - EVGA GTX Superclocked 460 - Windows 7 64bit - FSX w/Acceleration

Have you tried the Advised Display settings and Scenery settings on pages 5 and 6 of the manual?

I didn't know it came with a manual. LOL. I'll reinstall and read it, however, I can't believe the display settings are so discrete as to wreck simulation if not set per the manual. I could understand visual effects and improvement, however, not a show stopper. Thanks!:)

Bob.. :)

Edit: I re-installed and used the display settings recommend and no change. For me, simulation hesitates 1 or 2 secs every 20 or 30 seconds. Thanks.

• Aerosoft

Oh the settings can most certainly make or break a scenery!

The pauses seem to indicate your system is unable to keep up with the texture loading, might be a slow (fragmented) disk or some process that prevents a steady stream of data. The US City X series is made up from a huge amount of texture data (even though we keep texture quality relatively low to help with that) and where other scenery might run fine because they contain far less texture data, you might see bottlenecks with these products.

I would start with defragmenting the hard disk. If that does not help see if there is some process that runs regular and uses a lot of disk access. Disk search tools like Google Desktop Search, Windows Search or emailers like Thunderbird can cause these problems.

A year ago I had problems with "stutters", which lasted for several minutes every 1-2 minutes. In my case the video card driver was the problem and only a complete re-installation of Windows 7 and the driver helped to solve the problem. A broken RAM could also be an issue because as explained by Mathijs, many textures use a lot of RAM. Hope that defragmenting (easiest solution) will do it for you!

Bests,

Sascha

I re-installed and used the display settings recommend and no change. For me, simulation hesitates 1 or 2 secs every 20 or 30 seconds.

Sometimes you need to edit the settings further than what is recommended. I found Cleveland almost unflyable with the recommended settings, but dropping autogen back to normal gives me a pretty smooth flight. Give that a shot.