Balearic Islands

annber

Hi, I am looking to get the Balearic Islands scenery, how is this different from your Menorca scenery or Ibiza scenery sold as stand alone? Also, some of your screenshots are clearly marked FS2004 and some FSX, but there are quite a few that are not. Are the unmarked ones implying that those screenshots are for FS2004 and FSX

BTW I am running FS2004

mallorcaxFS2004_1.jpgmallorcaxFSX_16.jpgmallorcaxFSX_3.jpglemhx3.jpgibizax_8.jpgibizax_5.jpgibizax_17.jpgibizax_26.jpgibizax_3.jpgibiza02.jpglemhx21.jpgibizax_20.jpgmallorcaxFS2004_18.jpgmallorcaxfsx_2.jpglemhx1.jpgmallorcaxFS2004_5.jpgibizax_11.jpgmallorcaxFS2004_12.jpgibizax_6.jpglemhx9.jpgibizax_25.jpgibiza.jpgmallorcaxFSX_8.jpglemhx7.jpgmallorcaxFS2004_22.jpg

• Developer

The Sceneries (Balearen as Bundle, or Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza as single) are all developed with the same Detaillevel for both FS Version.

The difference between both version is only based on the limits of the FS Version itself, like the resolution of the Island photoground (not the Airport ground), where the FS2004 is limited to 4,7m/pixel. Aother limit in FS2004 is the density of Autogen, which is less then in FSX.

So the pictures you see from the island area, will be all FSX, as the ground resolution could not be so dense in FS9.

For the Airport Pic, it makes no difference, where they are from, as the airport is looking the same in both FS (maybe only some reflection effect are missing in FS9, because the FS9 not generated them).

The Sceneries (Balearen as Bundle, or Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza as single) are all developed with the same Detaillevel for both FS Version.

The difference between both version is only based on the limits of the FS Version itself, like the resolution of the Island photoground (not the Airport ground), where the FS2004 is limited to 4,7m/pixel. Aother limit in FS2004 is the density of Autogen, which is less then in FSX.

So the pictures you see from the island area, will be all FSX, as the ground resolution could not be so dense in FS9.

For the Airport Pic, it makes no difference, where they are from, as the airport is looking the same in both FS (maybe only some reflection effect are missing in FS9, because the FS9 not generated them).

Thanks for your reply Oliver, you have cleared the confusion about the pictures. I have a question about your comments regarding FS2004 being limited to 4,7m/pixel. I don't know if you are familiar with BlueSkyScenery, but they create photoreal sceneries for FS2004 (western US) and the resolution is 2,2m/pixel, I have it installed and works great on my system although a bit slow, so why then wouldn't the Ibiza resolution work on FS2004?

Thanks!!

• Developer

Thanks for your reply Oliver, you have cleared the confusion about the pictures. I have a question about your comments regarding FS2004 being limited to 4,7m/pixel. I don't know if you are familiar with BlueSkyScenery, but they create photoreal sceneries for FS2004 (western US) and the resolution is 2,2m/pixel, I have it installed and works great on my system although a bit slow, so why then wouldn't the Ibiza resolution work on FS2004?

Thanks!!

Are you sure that they realy show 2,2m/pixel in the FS or was there "Source" in this resolution. As I know, the Limits of 4.7m are the max possible of a photoreal landclass ground.

Are you sure that they realy show 2,2m/pixel in the FS or was there "Source" in this resolution. As I know, the Limits of 4.7m are the max possible of a photoreal landclass ground.

Oliver hi,

This is a screenshot of Las Vegas using his scenery. I have photoreal scenery that is 4,7 as well, and there is a huge difference between the 2,2 and this. In fact, BlueSkyScenery for Oahu has some parts at 2,2 and some at 4,7 and with the 2,2 you can actually almost read the plates on the ground, it is that good.

I am aware of FS2004 limitations, like the water textures, etc, but maybe this is not one???

post-29284-0-66138200-1299784269_thumb.j