US Cities X: Cleveland Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

I just purchased US Cities X-Cleveland, and had a chance to fly a quick circuit around the city starting at Burke Lakefront Airport. I was born in Cleveland and spent 24 years working for US Airways at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. All I can say is wow and thank you. I didn't think I'd ever see a detailed scenery rendering of my home area. Flying around the downtown area brings back a lot of memories. I am able to easily recognize the major landmarks. I didn't get a chance to venture out west to the islands but I plan to do so soon. Once again, exquisite job, and thanks.

• Aerosoft

Is there no night lighting for downtown Cleveland? I took a spin after dark and none of the buildings are lighted.

No this is pure VFR daylight scenery as explained in the manual. Adding night textures would double the price and size of the project, just not worthwhile for that.

Hi,

I've already posted a new thread in here... since I obviously didn't see this "initial issue" thread... sorry about that... So I'll just repost my findings... :)

First of all, very nice scenery!!! - Also quite smooth on framerates... all things considering! Hehe!

Anyway - I flew over the city... just taking in the scenery... and I came across a rather odd place for a power-plant (or factory or what-ever?!)... Please se images below...

cleveland.jpg

001rjw.jpg

002aqa.jpg

Is this supposed to look like this? or have I done something wrong in installation / setup?

Would be very interested if someone else experienced this...

Coordinates is:

LAT: N41º 29.40'

LON: W81º 42.94'

If this really is a "misplaced" factory (I dunno - drunk engineer or something...?! :D ) ...

I would very much like to see a picture from Cleveland regarding the location of the above building... Haha!

P.S - I'm not really sure, that this is an auto-generated building... I lookslike it, so it was my immediate assumption...

Thanks for respons...!

P.P.S - Sorry again for the double posting...!

... and I came across a rather odd place for a power-plant (or factory or what-ever?!)...

Just copy the content of attached ZIP file to the folder

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Cleveland\Scenery\ (overwrite the existing file)

...and let me know if that solves your problem. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Cleveland_excl.zip

Just copy the content of attached ZIP file to the folder

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Cleveland\Scenery\ (overwrite the existing file)

...and let me know if that solves your problem. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Wilco...... give me 5

I changed nothing on the terrain with that file, just excluded the factory. If you look at the scenery's Google Earth file you will even notice that this factory is outside the scenery's coverage area.

Bests,

Sascha

• 3 months later...

This is a wanderful product smile.gif thank you for it, but I have small problem. Month ago I bought Bluprints Simulation KCLE for FSX, and I want to use it. How I can exclude KCLE from you addon? I tray to move Blueprints scenery upper then USCity, but there ara texture mix in border of airport. Ane chance to correct this?

p.s. Sorry for my English blush.gif

This is a wanderful product smile.gif thank you for it, but I have small problem. Month ago I bought Bluprints Simulation KCLE for FSX, and I want to use it. How I can exclude KCLE from you addon? I tray to move Blueprints scenery upper then USCity, but there ara texture mix in border of airport. Ane chance to correct this?

That's easy. To deactivate US City's KCLE, just go to

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Cleveland\Scenery

and rename the following files' extension from BGL to OFF to deactivate them:

ClevelandIntl_Aerial.bgl

AF2_KCLE.bgl

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

That's easy. To deactivate US City's KCLE, just go to

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Cleveland\Scenery

and rename the following files' extension from BGL to OFF to deactivate them:

ClevelandIntl_Aerial.bgl