Bell-Huey get rid off earth/water-effects

aeugli

Hello gents,

sorry for possibly posting in the wrong forum.

My question: Is there a way to deactivate the wake-effects (concentric water rings) and the dust-effects over concrete/soil during landing/start/hovering near the surface?

I tried to disable ( // ) in the aircraft.cfg the appropriate lines in the EFFECTS-section, but no joy.

Those effects are causing heavy stutters an/or low fps, therefore it´s nearly impossible to land the Bell-Huey as it should be.

Any suggestions are appreciate.

Thanks for your answer!

Cheers Rainer

It's no good trying to adjust the so called "ring" effect within any of the Huey config files as this is a MSFS issue and any version that has a Heli. To prove the point take any of the FS default Heli's and see this effect. My advice is to live with it and Practice, Practice, Practice.... Another way is to damp down on your sliders to see which one has the desired effect.

Hallo James,

thanks for your answer; I even thought the same, just live with it and more practice, exercise...

Cheers Rainer

• Upvote 1

Hello gents,

sorry for possibly posting in the wrong forum.

My question: Is there a way to deactivate the wake-effects (concentric water rings) and the dust-effects over concrete/soil during landing/start/hovering near the surface?

I tried to disable ( // ) in the aircraft.cfg the appropriate lines in the EFFECTS-section, but no joy.

Those effects are causing heavy stutters an/or low fps, therefore it´s nearly impossible to land the Bell-Huey as it should be.

Any suggestions are appreciate.

Thanks for your answer!

Cheers Rainer

IIRC these are controlled by the `Advanced Animations` slider in the FSX GUI. However, turning that from anything other than full right can also affect other aspects of animated items in the sim.

Might be worth a try?

Thanks Jaeger, I will take a look at that!

Thanks Finn, I did that in the [Effects] Section, but with no effect/change in the Sim; all keeps showing (rings/dust) as before.

Cheers Rainer