Just saw this on Youtube

chiehkai

And that be why I dont fly tubeliners..... I dont need the additional insults, I get enough of them off my mates down the pub lol.

But in all seriousness, that rate of descent was way too high. Id guess the autopilot wasnt configured correctly - The primary display even shows the rate of descent as 1000 feet per minute, no wonder the poor nose gear couldnt cope

And that be why I dont fly tubeliners..... I dont need the additional insults, I get enough of them off my mates down the pub lol.

But in all seriousness, that rate of descent was way too high. Id guess the autopilot wasnt configured correctly - The primary display even shows the rate of descent as 1000 feet per minute, no wonder the poor nose gear couldnt cope

In addition speed too high and no flare.

In addition speed too high and no flare.

So in summary, autoland probably wasnt enabled correctly as the primary display should show flare just before landing.

The purple triangle on the speed tape is at 170: it shouldn't be there at all anymore, so clearly the pilot did something wrong during the approach. It's not the Airbus fault for sure.

EDIT

Hm, I see now that the speed triangle suddenly appears when things go wrong in the very end: during appr things seem fine...

• 2 weeks later...

The autoland works perfectly fine here. It already worked fine with the initial release, but with the latest patches things works flawlessly. I have never had diving problems or whatever: before the patch landing could be a bit hard but still, it worked. It's a mystery why some have problems...