Question About New Purchase of Catalina Download Version - Need Update?

DB93

Greetings all,

I've found the download version of the Catalina is on sale at another online shop, and am giving very serious thought to purchasing it. One thing I am curious about is, if I purchase the download version, is it already patched to the latest version, or will it still require me to download the patch after I purchase and install the download version? Mind you, the answer is inconsequential to whether or not I decide to make the purchase, I'm just curious that if I do go ahead with my plans to purchase it, whether or not it will need patching.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

-George

Typically, most Aerosoft products need to be patched (there are exceptions!) You just register the product here using the serial key.

The Cat does.

You will love it. It's almost at A2A levels of immersion..! :rolleyes:

Help. I got the pby the same way as the above person. Howerver I every time I try to fly the pby it crashs fsx can you guys help me? My email Address is Help. I have been wanting this aircraft and am really disapointed I have not been able to fly it.

Help. I got the pby the same way as the above person. Howerver I every time I try to fly the pby it crashs fsx can you guys help me? My email Address is famcoldi@xipline.com Help. I have been wanting this aircraft and am really disapointed I have not been able to fly it.

Be more specific. OS? System Specs? Error message? Or describe the actual crash? Was registration succesfully completed? Which version? and has it been updated per Shauns post?

C'mon, your post has absolutely nothing of any merit to enable anyone to help you. THINK what you might need to provide to enable anyone to help you. And publishing your email address in a public forum is a bloody stupid thing to do.

I got it all installed, registered, and all updates installed. Thanks for the link Shaun, that helped me get going with getting the Cat registered and the updates downloaded. It was version 1.00 on the download from the shop I purchased it from, so it did need all the updates. I have to say, I'm loving this plane so far! I also wanted to take a second to thank you for the great repaints as well, Shaun, absolutely great work! :)

Thanks for all the help and information everyone!

-One Happy Cat Flier!

-George

snave You were right on all accounts. I guess struggling with this for a couple of days did a brain dump on me. Just to let you all know the fix was to right click on the short cut icon and load as admin. thanks for the help folks and I will think thru my post before hitting that post button. Snave thanks for pointing out my mistakes now help me with one more. How do I remove my email address from the form. lolo never mind figured it out.

Be more specific. OS? System Specs? Error message? Or describe the actual crash? Was registration succesfully completed? Which version? and has it been updated per Shauns post?

C'mon, your post has absolutely nothing of any merit to enable anyone to help you. THINK what you might need to provide to enable anyone to help you. And publishing your email address in a public forum is a bloody stupid thing to do.

I just had to pop back in to say that I've been flying the Cat for a few days now, and I simply love it!! Great work yet again, Aerosoft!! Thanks for another great product, and keep up the great work!! :)

A very happy customer!

-George

I just had to pop back in to say that I've been flying the Cat for a few days now, and I simply love it!! Great work yet again, Aerosoft!! Thanks for another great product, and keep up the great work!! :)

A very happy customer!

-George

Have you lost an entire evening yet..? I think many of us have...

Aerosoft should start a Support Group called `Cataholics Anonymous`.

...Of course, I wouldn't need to join.

I can stop anytime I want.

Just because I dream the start procedure doesn't mean I have a problem. I can fly anything else off water anytime I want. So what if my logbook shows no other watercraft since 2009..? Sniff! :banghead1_s:

Mmmmm, overhead windows... :cry_s:

Have you lost an entire evening yet..? I think many of us have...

Aerosoft should start a Support Group called `Cataholics Anonymous`.

...Of course, I wouldn't need to join.

I can stop anytime I want.

Just because I dream the start procedure doesn't mean I have a problem. I can fly anything else off water anytime I want. So what if my logbook shows no other watercraft since 2009..? Sniff! :banghead1_s:

Mmmmm, overhead windows... :cry_s:

I've lost many an evening but I think I should leave that to the other Anonymous group(s) :lol:

As for the cat Ive possibly lost days to it. The best part was flying the blue spruce route using a Collins atlas (other brands are available) and dead reconing :blink: Let me tell you at 90 kts that took a bloody long time nonstop - just as well there was the good old chemical karsie on board :wacko:

Keeping somewhat with the original post. I also DLed the 1.00 and applied all the updates to 1.20. Now I received an email from the vendor telling me they have an update. It is 1.20.

Is there anything in the 1.20 exe that I did not already get by applying all the updates (I would like to avoid reinstalling just to get what I already have and lose the repaints in the process)

Thanks,

Dave

Keeping somewhat with the original post. I also DLed the 1.00 and applied all the updates to 1.20. Now I received an email from the vendor telling me they have an update. It is 1.20.

Is there anything in the 1.20 exe that I did not already get by applying all the updates (I would like to avoid reinstalling just to get what I already have and lose the repaints in the process)

Thanks,

Dave

No it's the same installer and update. Probably this topic prompted them to look for the updates like they should have done in the first place.