AFAA Club

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.” – Frank Sinatra

...and looky that... it's beer o'clock again! yippie!

dry roasted ones for me!

Which reminds me.. I have 3 cheques to pop into the Bank and the Dipsticks take 8 working days to friggin clear em!!! Modern Natwest banking for you.

Ironic that seeing as the money clears to your bank over night from a cheque. The best part is MBNA, I pay my C-Card bills online from a current account (supposedly instant payment). It often takes MBNA 4 days to acknowledge reciept of payment. Someones getting rich off our moneys and it certainly isnt us lol

Bankers sure are.. Had a right go last month with a dude in Natwest over it and his defence was "if the issuer recalls the cheque, hence the official 8 days" CRAP....

Its all B-S just like the £10 pound letters they send you when you go over drawn. Lloyds got might miffed with me when I point blank refused to pay the £10 for a letter. As it was a business account, I replied to the letter saying I wasnt going to pay, that I would be moving my accounts else where and inculded an invoice for £20 for my time. Suffice to say I never paid the £10 pounds, but dont think Id be welcome in any branch of Lloyds or TSB lol.

too long since I've visited here it seems... talking beer! :D

Now, you can say all you want, and I do love my Guinness (a lot!) once in a while...

But there's no beer like Belgian beer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Belgium

125 breweries, 800 standard beers and aprox 8700 beers when specials are included... not bad for a tiny country of only 10 million people I think!

My personal favourites: Leffe Blonde and Duvel... and at least those are easy to come by, every supermarket has them.

To get the very best Duvel: buy a 75cl bottle, leave it in the cellar (or fridge) for a couple of weeks, on its side, and only then drink it... And it HAS to be COLD.

Oh, I once saw an american MD-11 pilot try and drink 6 of those (normal size, 33 cl) in an hour... he was very lucky he didn't have to fly the next day, and he had his first officer with him to take him to the hotel...

Duvel.jpg

Hmmm...

nice thread... sitting in hotel in Bavaria and drinking... you will never guess right... a beer :P I think nobody mentioned the German beer yet and it's "Reinheitsgebot" . Especially for Lars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Germany ;) ... at least two facts from the article:

- The highest density of breweries in the world is found near the city of Bamberg, in the Franconia region of Bavaria

- The Benedictine abbey Weihenstephan brewery (established in 725) is reputedly the oldest existing brewery in the world (brewing since 1040)

But yes, Guinness is a really good one so count me in. And one big fridge for my hangar, please...

So have a nice cold one

Cheers

Thorsten

Hmmm...

nice thread... sitting in hotel in Bavaria and drinking... you will never guess right... a beer :P I think nobody mentioned the German beer yet and it's "Reinheitsgebot" . Especially for Lars: http://en.wikipedia....Beer_in_Germany ;) ... at least two facts from the article:

- The highest density of breweries in the world is found near the city of Bamberg, in the Franconia region of Bavaria

- The Benedictine abbey Weihenstephan brewery (established in 725) is reputedly the oldest existing brewery in the world (brewing since 1040)

But yes, Guinness is a really good one so count me in. And one big fridge for my hangar, please...

So have a nice cold one

Cheers

Thorsten

I'll look out for it!:beer3_s:

Btw does someone remember the old DHC6 from Lago ten years ago? (perhaps Mathijs? ;) ) There was even a "beer" repaint in the package. The beer of my youth, Warsteiner. Realworld counterpart was this bird:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/AFC-Aero-Flug/De-Havilland-Canada/0562781/L/&sid=28ca8a21e369f975160e7c08845a742a

Cheers

Thorsten

Beer and planes, nothing mixes better together

They always thaught me 8 hours between bottle and throttle...

That's why I fly gliders: no throttle :D