Spirit Airlines A321

duckbilled

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would consider this repaint. It is the current paint scheme for Spirit Airlines on their A321's. Spirit is one of only two airlines that operate the A321 in the US and these aircraft can be seen all over the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Spirit-Airlines/Airbus-A321-231/1762907/M/

It was once thought that this paint had already been done but I have confirmed with the person that originally painted it, and with Aerosoft, that the files have been lost. As a result, there is no paint for this aircraft that I am aware of. The one that was listed in the big repaint thread does not exist.

I would really appreciate it if someone took this one on.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump,

With 86 views, people must want this repaint. It only takes this one paint for all of the A321s in the US to be covered. Could someone please tackle this one?

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Is there a reason why no one wants to do this one? I think it is one of the sharpest liveries ever on a A321.

Too hard?

Not popular enough?

Something against US carriers?

Enlighten me please.

If I had the skills, I would do it myself. If a reputable painter wanted to do it for a fee, I would consider it.

I think Holgi is considering this repaint after finishing many other requests.

It seems Holgi is the only one doing Airbus X repaints at this time, everyone else has lost interest! :(

Our hobby is slowly declining, MS needs to release Flight soon or it will be .....Darryl

That's good news that Holgi may do it. Bad news that he is the only one doing them.

I honestly don't think sales were big enough for Airbus X to support a large amount of community repaints. I also think that Aerosoft should have released a lot more repaints with the product. QW released a ton with their 757. Had I known that the Spirit A321 wouldn't have been available, I probably would have never bought the product. 90% of my flights are from the US to the Caribbean/Mexico. Not having the Spirit A321 creates a big hole for me. If I am flying from A US Airways hub, I always pick the QW757 over the A321 or A320.

I have tried several times to contact FSX Addict ( who painted the Spirit A321 ) as I downloaded his Beta version . As it is not my work I cannot upload it without his permission .If and when he says it is okay I can upload it , not before .

As for there not being enough repaints available , that is utter rubbish . When released JanKees and myself had 70+ paints uploaded to the server between us . Unfortunately some of the reactions that were posted at the time made us decide enough was enough and have returned to painting other aircraft . Before release the Beta painters had produced nearly every airline flying the A321 and most flying the A320 , seeing the reactions posted here at Aerosoft could be the reason that other Beta painters have not released their paints .Now and again ( when I feel like it ) I will upload other paints , but will not preview or mention what I am working on as this only leads to people asking when it is ready or ask for screenshots . Up untill now I myself have uploaded 40 paints with a few thousand downloads ( Delta seems to be a favourite with more than 1100 downloads ) .

There is only a select few who constantly request paints for their " favourite " airlines , so maybe they should try painting instead of expecting Holgi to fulfill their needs .

John

• Upvote 1

I have tried several times to contact FSX Addict ( who painted the Spirit A321 ) as I downloaded his Beta version . As it is not my work I cannot upload it without his permission .If and when he says it is okay I can upload it , not before .

As for there not being enough repaints available , that is utter rubbish . When released JanKees and myself had 70+ paints uploaded to the server between us . Unfortunately some of the reactions that were posted at the time made us decide enough was enough and have returned to painting other aircraft . Before release the Beta painters had produced nearly every airline flying the A321 and most flying the A320 , seeing the reactions posted here at Aerosoft could be the reason that other Beta painters have not released their paints .Now and again ( when I feel like it ) I will upload other paints , but will not preview or mention what I am working on as this only leads to people asking when it is ready or ask for screenshots . Up untill now I myself have uploaded 40 paints with a few thousand downloads ( Delta seems to be a favourite with more than 1100 downloads ) .

There is only a select few who constantly request paints for their " favourite " airlines , so maybe they should try painting instead of expecting Holgi to fulfill their needs .

John

If you complain about anything regarding paints, the volunteers get upset. I have never made a complaint about the lack of volunteer support for this product and if it was taken that way, I apologise. Nonetheless, you can not include the availability of FREEWARE repaints as a feature for a PAYWARE product. QW managed to do all the big liveries for their 757. I would have to think that they had fewer resources than Aerosoft. Aerosoft should have included the paints in the release. The volunteers did a fantastic job making up for Aerosoft's shortcomings. As I have said, there are two operators of the A321 in the US. IMHO, both of them should have been included with the original download. That's just my opinion. It is certainly not an attack on the volunteers that did all the paints. It is a criticism of Aerosoft and I believe it 100% fair.

Its not like I just want my favorite airline. Having the A321 was a big draw for me when I decided to purchase this product. Right now, I can't use the A321 unless I fly from a US Airways hub. Since CLT is the only hub with add on scenery for FSX, that means I can't fly the A321 unless I fly to/from CLT. That's why I want this repaint. Its not because it is my favorite airline.

Anyway, back to the original subject, per FSXAddict, he sent the files to Shaun Fletcher but they got lost in the shuffle. FSX Addict doesn't have them and Shaun doesn't have them. I understand that you can not upload them without FSXAddicts permission. I will PM him to let him know you have the files. I appreciate you letting us know that they actually exist.

And again (I think I have said this to your before), thank you for all of your work.

Wasn't able to check back earler due to the revamp of the site .

Would like to point out that even with " other " producers , most paints are not made by the company thenselves , but by volunteers like us . The only difference is that they are then bundled with the release of the product and are mentioned in the credits . Aerosoft wanted to do the same but was held back for legal reasons .

They did want to bundle our paints and release in global regions , with an installer ( to ensure that the liveries would be placed in the correct folder ) . However 1 day after the release of the Airbus X , people were asking why no repaints were available , so first JanKees and then myself decided to upload all our paints to the Aerosoft site . This turned out to be a lenghy process as we had to produce a readme file , screenshot and repaint folder for each aircraft ( at the time around 35 aircraft each ) , whereas Aerosoft had offered to do this for us .Also we couldn't test our paints in the final product as we did not have it .

As for America being " forgotten " that isn't completely true , okay there are not many American airlines that operate the A321( and as far as I knew at the time , US Airways and Spirit had been made ) , but I at least made Northwest ( Old and New colours ) , Delta and USA 3000 for the A320

Since the release a couple of the other Beta painters have released some , or all of their work , but people here should realise that we did this all in our spare time , without payment and because we made painting our hobby , we were not competing with each other , just that some had more " free " time than others .

For anyone who has the time , you can read some of the reactions that were made during the painting process .

Link : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/31387-aerosoft-a-321320-project-liveries/

John

If i have some spare-time left ill take a look to break my head over it lol, no with all respect...guys if you can give me more details i'd be happy to go painting again, and try to get this beauty in the air!

Best Regards!

Ray

Again, no disrespect intended for the volunteers. For Aerosoft, they should have had the packages in place before they released the product and you should have had the opportunity to test the in the final product first.

Anyway, FSXAddict said that he will send you a message with permission to post it.

Again, no disrespect intended for the volunteers. For Aerosoft, they should have had the packages in place before they released the product and you should have had the opportunity to test the in the final product first.

Anyway, FSXAddict said that he will send you a message with permission to post it.

Good......

gives me more time to make others....

And it does sound disrespectfull as arrogantic...!