Roll back to 1.21

Todd_F

Hello Todd,

Sorry I dont think you'll get one unless you ordered from a different shop that didn't update its main installer.

Thanks for the reply Shaun,

In that case is there any chance you guys are going the fix the "fighter jet" like maneuverability when below 100ft. This is actually far more annoying than the nose-drop was.

-Todd

Hello Todd,

Jet fighter, you mean it goes from calm and sedate to over-reactive.

Correct, it was there prior to 1.22, just not as noticeable. I have to remember to hold the stick centered when passing through the 100 foot threshold. Otherwise, the plane will violently bank. This is difficult in windy conditions.

Correct, it was there prior to 1.22, just not as noticeable. I have to remember to hold the stick centered when passing through the 100 foot threshold. Otherwise, the plane will violently bank. This is difficult in windy conditions.

I'm not sure why you would be seeing this, but Shaun's advice is good. Assuming you're talking about a manual landing, I find that almost no input is needed for the last 500ft if you're configured right with the correct speed etc. You should pass 100ft with zero stick input being applied.

If you can reproduce this problem with the FSX weather settings, please post the details of the settings you've used (exact weather/wind/aircraft load and airport etc) so others can give it a try.

I'm not sure why you would be seeing this, but Shaun's advice is good. Assuming you're talking about a manual landing, I find that almost no input is needed for the last 500ft if you're configured right with the correct speed etc. You should pass 100ft with zero stick input being applied.

If you can reproduce this problem with the FSX weather settings, please post the details of the settings you've used (exact weather/wind/aircraft load and airport etc) so others can give it a try.

I can land it, it can just get a bit messy near the end if I forget to leave the stick centered @ 100 feet. The banking is not necessarily uncommanded, it is simply due to over sensitivity below 100ft, so much as a finger twitch will cause a 5° bank. This wasn't apparent prior to 1.22, only the nose drop (which I fixed myself). This will happen regardless of weather conditions, however with light/no wind it is not necessary to make all the tiny adjustments to stay centered, no stick movement no problem. The conditions I last had the problem in was: Landing KDFW 18L, winds 220 @ 14, gust to 31, full pax/cargo, 3k fob at start of appoach. Yes, this is a manual landing (no fun to watch the computer do it) all realism 100%.

I can live with it until the upgraded bus is ready, I just hoped I could roll-back to the previous version that didn't have the problem.

-Todd