Radar altimeter

polly

Can somebody tell me how to let function the radar altimeter

switching to radar instead of e.g baro gives me Hud reading 000 and a warning on caution panel RADAR ALT

Thanks

Polly®

Hello Polly,

When is this when you are sat on the runway!

Can you try the Cold and Dark option and go through the Checklists to make sure everything is on correctly.

Hello Shaun,

Always follow the checklist more than 1,5 year,actually I always use the baro setting....so never used it till a couple of days ago,just curiousity

If I read your answer correct,it should be working....strange

Greetz,

Polly®

• 1 month later...

Hi there! Long time observer, first time poster.

I've been looking forward to a response on this one. I think I have the same issue as Polly: proper start-up, Altimeter set to "ALT RADAR" and "RADAR ALT" malf. indicator lights, Altitude readout on HUD is "000". With gear down HUD radar altimeter reads up to 5,000 AGL, with gear up about 1,000 AGL. Curious as to what's going on with the malf. indicator lamp and also how the radar altimeter acts in a real F-16C (to what altitudes does it go up to and should my Aerosoft F-16 emulate?). Unless I've missed it, the manual seems vague is regards to all this. I've seen YouTube footage of F-16 HUD video with radar altimeter going to 15,000 plus, gear up, F-16D though I think. I have latest updates. Thanks in advance.