1934 London - Melbourne Airrace

Tobus

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the proces of re-enacting the London-Melbourne airrace of 1934, flying the DC2 Uiver (see www.dc2-fs.com).

I do this online with VAE, but the last few evenings none were online (on VAE in its totality huh.gif).

Although not EAFS-related:

if anyone wants to join in, i'm usually flying from 18:30 UTC to about 20:30 UTC, saving the flight when I have to stop.

Any bird with 150kts will do, but naturally the nicest would be a DC2 or DC3.

I'm currently refuelling at Rome LIRA and plan to start my next leg to Athens LGAV tonight.

After each leg i'll post progress here. Text is in Dutch, but any picture tells a thousands words.

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the proces of re-enacting the London-Melbourne airrace of 1934, flying the DC2 Uiver (see www.dc2-fs.com).

I do this online with VAE, but the last few evenings none were online (on VAE in its totality huh.gif).

Although not EAFS-related:

if anyone wants to join in, i'm usually flying from 18:30 UTC to about 20:30 UTC, saving the flight when I have to stop.

Any bird with 150kts will do, but naturally the nicest would be a DC2 or DC3.

I'm currently refuelling at Rome LIRA and plan to start my next leg to Athens LGAV tonight.

After each leg i'll post progress here. Text is in Dutch, but any picture tells a thousands words.

Sure its Andras Field related. You are Andras Field, and you fly it.... lol

It sounds great, and I know that flying with a purpose is SO much more fun than "just" flying around. :rolleyes:

I wish you luck, and hope that others might join in. Personally I simply havent the time to do it, nomatter how much I would like to.:unsure:

Have a great trip, and please keep posting screens and thoughts from the flights.:)

and for the dutch text - There is always Google translate...:D

Hi Toby,

unfortunately I can't see your pictures on your facebook page.

I'll follow your progress, (Dutch is no problem ^_^)

I see you had some icing problems while landing in Athens? Switch on your pitot heat, and the altimeter will get back to life.

Cheers, Rob Cappers "UIVER" Team

Hi Toby,

unfortunately I can't see your pictures on your facebook page.

I'll follow your progress, (Dutch is no problem ^_^)

I see you had some icing problems while landing in Athens? Switch on your pitot heat, and the altimeter will get back to life.

Cheers, Rob Cappers "UIVER" Team

Hi Rob,

strange, since the link on FB is claimed to be public. I can view it even when not logged in, so that's strange then. Maybe, when all is done, I'll make a picasa page of them.

I turned on my pitot heat, but the altimeter remained dead. I managed without. Now starting up FSX to start my leg to Aleppo, i'd think it will work again then.

Cheers,

Toby

Hi Toby,

I can see the pictures, and I can read the captions, but I can't enlarge them. That part doesn't work.

I see you landed in Aleppo!

On to Bagdad!

Good luck.

Rob